Going solo to the track.

Jrewing
5/8/2018 5:47pm
Do it often. Rung my bell once but was ok getting home
KMC440
5/8/2018 6:13pm
I would usually know a few people there, if no one was there ...

Hey it's corner day !!!
Yes I've limped when I got back to the truck on "corner day" ... damn berms.
cwtoyota
5/8/2018 6:58pm
Csb146 wrote:
I live about 1-1:30 from several tracks. I'm 31 and my work/life lends to me having more time to ride them my friends that I ride...
I live about 1-1:30 from several tracks. I'm 31 and my work/life lends to me having more time to ride them my friends that I ride with. I was curious how many of you go to track solo, and how you manage it. I've always been very apprehensive about going to the track solo on the off chance I get hurt, and really in that situation it's more about how is my truck/bike going to get home then it is about my safety.
Not many of my buddies in the Marine Corps were real moto guys. The one that was got out a year ahead of me, so I was left either not riding, or riding alone when I was in my late 20's. I was stationed in 29 Palms and had about a 2 hour drive to all the tracks. I just pinned it after work 2 or 3 nights after work and figured if I smashed myself, I don't have a family depending on me, so I would just figure it out. I broke my elbow in 2009 at comp edge. Some guys loaded my bike and I drove my stick shift to the emergency room, then back to base.

When I got out of the Corps, I initially rode on my own. Most of my old riding buddies from back in the day were too busy with work, kids, family obligations to even own bikes. I went riding and racing anyway. I collected some new riding pals along the way and we hit up the same tracks together and what not.

Once I woke up in a hospital, not knowing my name or how I got there. I don't recommend riding alone, but at least know some people at the track. The announcer, flaggers, track crew and several racers at that track are friends and they made sure I was taken care of. In that sense, I almost never ride "alone".

The one that feels sketchy is when I ride here at my track during the week. I typically call my brother or my pal down the street and give them a "drop dead time". If I don't call and say I'm good by 6pm, call and/or check up on me.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
5/8/2018 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 8:03pm
I almost always ride solo. When my friends can ride, we all go, but I need to ride regardless Smile .

I ride at tracks btw. I wouldn't ride hard somewhere where there aren't any people around. That would not be smart in my opinion.

The Shop

gnarwhip
5/8/2018 9:46pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Terrible decision in my opinion. With that being said, if you are going to go solo, I suggest you make friends with the truck next to...
Terrible decision in my opinion.

With that being said, if you are going to go solo, I suggest you make friends with the truck next to you and go “hey, just Incase something happens, my phone is in my goggle bag. Please call the Mrs if I cant”

99.99999% of people would be more than willing to oblige I am sure
That's the best way to go about it. Moto people are generally quality people.
jeffro503
5/8/2018 9:59pm
I definitely like having my normal riding buddies with me when I ride , but I won't NOT go to the track if none of them can't make it. I'll go by myself if I have to. And sometime I have to , if I want to ride. I miss a few ride days because of my work , and if I can squeeze in a Wednesday practice , and have to do it alone.....it's just the way it is. I always try and hook up with some of my buddies on the weekends if possible.
mb
5/8/2018 10:06pm
Tell someone who cares where you're going. If there's anyone else there than ride like normal. if there's no one else at the track than just take it easy.

Post a reply to: Going solo to the track.

The Latest