Going it Alone

BeachMX
Edited Date/Time 8/30/2020 9:46am
Hey everyone,

Like many of you out there, I don't like to ride alone.. Unfortunately most of the people I ride with can't or won't go as much as myself, which leaves me either not going, or going and not riding to my full potential (wimping out basically).

What if there was a place where us lonely MX or trail peeps could go and put our name in for a specific track we want to go to, and meet up with other riders? Is that a dumb idea? Does this already exist?

Thoughts?
|
8/27/2020 10:27pm
BeachMX wrote:
Hey everyone, Like many of you out there, I don't like to ride alone.. Unfortunately most of the people I ride with can't or won't go...
Hey everyone,

Like many of you out there, I don't like to ride alone.. Unfortunately most of the people I ride with can't or won't go as much as myself, which leaves me either not going, or going and not riding to my full potential (wimping out basically).

What if there was a place where us lonely MX or trail peeps could go and put our name in for a specific track we want to go to, and meet up with other riders? Is that a dumb idea? Does this already exist?

Thoughts?
Most guys I know use the local Facebook groups and find out where people are riding, or ask who is interested.
8/27/2020 10:44pm
Look for active motocross Facebook groups in your area. This is probably the best way to see what tracks are open and you can find other people going there
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/28/2020 5:58am
Yeah sucks going alone. Hard to get motivated and easy to change plans when others aren't relying on you/waiting for you to show up. Unfortunately as I get older most of my riding buddies no longer ride or don't ride very often. Thankfully some of their kids/kids friends have let me tag along when they ride. Only problem is a little uncomfortable hanging out between motos with people 20-25 years younger than you and I don't send it like they do!
KMC440
8/28/2020 7:04am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2020 7:06am
You put'er on the box last weekend, I think you're doin just fine !!! 👍

For an old fart that is ... nice beer on the podium too !! 😂

The Shop

brocster
8/28/2020 7:33am
BeachMX wrote:
Hey everyone, Like many of you out there, I don't like to ride alone.. Unfortunately most of the people I ride with can't or won't go...
Hey everyone,

Thoughts?
I feel your pain and am in the same situation. I am free to ride every weekend Fri, Sat and Sun but have only been going lately when my son is home (travels a good bit for work) I have met a few dudes but doesn’t seem like they can ride on a weekly basis and have wondered the same thing about a portal of some sort. Don’t have Facebook but may have to finally cave.

Let’s meet up beachmx
Jardo
Fantasy
2053rd
8/28/2020 7:59am
Do you guys consider going to a public track, by yourself, and riding with everyone else there, riding alone? My wife does..
brocster
8/28/2020 8:05am
Jardo wrote:
Do you guys consider going to a public track, by yourself, and riding with everyone else there, riding alone? My wife does..
Yes but in the event something happens???? I am not for just dumping the burden of needing assistance on the person that I just happened to be parked next to nor the track or track staff.
spimx
8/28/2020 8:13am
It's not a burden to help another rider, it's the right thing to do.
bvm111
8/28/2020 8:18am
i always make friends with the guys or girls i’m parked next to... we are all moto brothers and sisters when at the track and have always received help when needing assistance.
kNewc
8/28/2020 8:57am
bvm111 wrote:
i always make friends with the guys or girls i’m parked next to... we are all moto brothers and sisters when at the track and have...
i always make friends with the guys or girls i’m parked next to... we are all moto brothers and sisters when at the track and have always received help when needing assistance.
Same. If your local track has season passes try to find those guys too. They all generally park in the same area, start to park by them. I always go solo and have made quite a few friends at the track.
plowboy
8/28/2020 9:51am
I used to ride the Cross Timbers tracks at Draper lake in OKC almost every day when I worked at Tinker AFB. I went alone and there was seldom anyone else there. I never gave it a thought until I had a "come to Jesus" moment way out back on the Black (expert) trail. As the bike and I cartwheeled down into the dry creek I realised that no one on earth knew where I was. I fully expected to have a broken bone or ten but nothing...not even a scrape. The bike didn't fare as well but it did fire up and got me back to the truck. I did continue to ride alone but stayed on the easier more trafficked trails...and my wrist didn't seem to twist as far as it used to. They say, with age comes wisdom.
8/28/2020 10:43am
bvm111 wrote:
i always make friends with the guys or girls i’m parked next to... we are all moto brothers and sisters when at the track and have...
Came here to say this. +1
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/28/2020 10:51am
KMC440 wrote:
You put'er on the box last weekend, I think you're doin just fine !!! 👍 For an old fart that is ... nice beer on the...
You put'er on the box last weekend, I think you're doin just fine !!! 👍

For an old fart that is ... nice beer on the podium too !! 😂
I was looking for water, Busch light was as close as it gets!!
Laughing
schroed4
8/28/2020 11:10am
BeachMX wrote:
Hey everyone,

Thoughts?
Quad riders use Grindr.
BeachMX
8/28/2020 11:16am
plowboy wrote:
I used to ride the Cross Timbers tracks at Draper lake in OKC almost every day when I worked at Tinker AFB. I went alone and...
I used to ride the Cross Timbers tracks at Draper lake in OKC almost every day when I worked at Tinker AFB. I went alone and there was seldom anyone else there. I never gave it a thought until I had a "come to Jesus" moment way out back on the Black (expert) trail. As the bike and I cartwheeled down into the dry creek I realised that no one on earth knew where I was. I fully expected to have a broken bone or ten but nothing...not even a scrape. The bike didn't fare as well but it did fire up and got me back to the truck. I did continue to ride alone but stayed on the easier more trafficked trails...and my wrist didn't seem to twist as far as it used to. They say, with age comes wisdom.
Totally!

I broke my collarbone once all alone and a few miles from my truck... really sucked. I was out there, and that experience was definitely my "come to Jesus" moment.

I searched for some Facebook groups last night.. found a couple, but need to keep looking as there are a shit-ton and are kind of unorganized.

I also would agree that the Moto community are some of the most amazing people you will ever find!

8/28/2020 11:23am
61 yrs old. 2 marriages and no protection gave me plenty of riding buddies for years to come!! Last Wednesday with 2 of my 5 tax deductions

Hallzilla
8/28/2020 11:30am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2020 11:31am
Countless times I've helped a moto brother who has gone down and needed help. Friendships have spawned out of this.
resetjet
8/28/2020 11:33am
Most tracks have a school day/night. Thats when i go. I get some instruction i ride and i dont have guys jumping over my head.
brocster
8/28/2020 4:15pm
Hallzilla wrote:
Countless times I've helped a moto brother who has gone down and needed help. Friendships have spawned out of this.
I have helped people,as well. However, a dude next to me wadded. He was there with his brother each with bikes and each in separate vehicles. They took off to the ER in full gear in one of the trucks. Asked me if I could load and watch their stuff in the other truck that they would be back. Left me no contact info, nothing. There was no one else around us but other people still at the track. I wasn’t riding this day, only spectating. I hung around for a while with no return of the brothers, but I had to be somewhere and had to leave. Didn’t like the feeling of being left with some unsolicited responsibility of driving away from a truck, brand new bike, and a couple year old bike, tools, gear bag, ez up, etc. On my way out I notified the girl at the admin booth, but she acted as if it wasn’t her responsibility either. Not a fan of dumping my problems on random people, no matter if they are willing to help or not. In other words I don’t want to just assume they are willing to help nor guilt them into helping. Yes Moto people are good people but I don’t like assuming they are willing and have the time to help just b/c we happen to park next to one another.
racin mason
8/28/2020 4:41pm
I have gone alone a few times to a track I had been going to for years.I always told the gals at sign up I was alone that day.I also gave them my business card with the wifes phone # and other info on the back of it,bike number vehicle info etc.I also gave the same thing to who ever I was parked by. I Thankfully,I never had an issue going alone.
BeachMX
8/28/2020 8:07pm
Hallzilla wrote:
brocster wrote:
I have helped people,as well. However, a dude next to me wadded. He was there with his brother each with bikes and each in separate vehicles...
I have helped people,as well. However, a dude next to me wadded. He was there with his brother each with bikes and each in separate vehicles. They took off to the ER in full gear in one of the trucks. Asked me if I could load and watch their stuff in the other truck that they would be back. Left me no contact info, nothing. There was no one else around us but other people still at the track. I wasn’t riding this day, only spectating. I hung around for a while with no return of the brothers, but I had to be somewhere and had to leave. Didn’t like the feeling of being left with some unsolicited responsibility of driving away from a truck, brand new bike, and a couple year old bike, tools, gear bag, ez up, etc. On my way out I notified the girl at the admin booth, but she acted as if it wasn’t her responsibility either. Not a fan of dumping my problems on random people, no matter if they are willing to help or not. In other words I don’t want to just assume they are willing to help nor guilt them into helping. Yes Moto people are good people but I don’t like assuming they are willing and have the time to help just b/c we happen to park next to one another.
I'm the same.... don't like "hoping" someone will take care of my stuff should I need it, nor do I like putting people on the spot for help just because they're next to me.
BeachMX
8/28/2020 8:08pm
I have gone alone a few times to a track I had been going to for years.I always told the gals at sign up I was...
I have gone alone a few times to a track I had been going to for years.I always told the gals at sign up I was alone that day.I also gave them my business card with the wifes phone # and other info on the back of it,bike number vehicle info etc.I also gave the same thing to who ever I was parked by. I Thankfully,I never had an issue going alone.
Thats a good idea.
xrmark
8/28/2020 11:39pm
Anyone in SoCal riding alone hit me up. Usually have a few guys but if you’re riding alone feel free to pull up and park next to the white frontier with white Honda next to it. Pala, elsinore, cahuilla, state fair is the usual rotation. Cold beers and peace pipe are floated around post riding
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
8/29/2020 5:38am
We need an app called Rider like Tinder, but to find to find riding friends!
brocster
8/29/2020 8:41pm
I’ll be at Perris early. Parking over by the start gate. If you hear a 125 making all kind of racket on the vet track, that’ll be me. If the main is not too busy I’ll hop on there as well. White E150. Black and White CR125 #94. Hope to see you there!
DA498
8/30/2020 9:46am
I enjoyed those regional forums as well, Double Hmmm

Post a reply to: Going it Alone

The Latest