Going from yz125 to sx125 (2017)?

mha1406
8/23/2017 8:20am
Is there an actual question here?
mha1406 wrote:
are you a total buzzkill downer in real life too or just in every response you post on vital?
It's not the first time being logical, up front, and forcing people to think hasn't made me friends. Such is the consequence of keeping the standards...
It's not the first time being logical, up front, and forcing people to think hasn't made me friends. Such is the consequence of keeping the standards high. I'll be okay though.

I bet you are one of those people who thinks there isn't an issue when riders say, " I can't thank Blah, Blah, Blah."
You bet I'm one of those people who thinks it's not an issue that someone can't put a full sentence together? Where did that come from? That's your rebuttal to me calling you out for your jerkoff response to someone who came on an mx forum.. to ask a question about dirt bikes? We all share a common interest here, why be a douche to someone looking for advice?
tcallahan707
8/23/2017 9:18am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2017 9:22am
mha1406 wrote:
are you a total buzzkill downer in real life too or just in every response you post on vital?
It's not the first time being logical, up front, and forcing people to think hasn't made me friends. Such is the consequence of keeping the standards...
It's not the first time being logical, up front, and forcing people to think hasn't made me friends. Such is the consequence of keeping the standards high. I'll be okay though.

I bet you are one of those people who thinks there isn't an issue when riders say, " I can't thank Blah, Blah, Blah."
mha1406 wrote:
You bet I'm one of those people who thinks it's not an issue that someone can't put a full sentence together? Where did that come from...
You bet I'm one of those people who thinks it's not an issue that someone can't put a full sentence together? Where did that come from? That's your rebuttal to me calling you out for your jerkoff response to someone who came on an mx forum.. to ask a question about dirt bikes? We all share a common interest here, why be a douche to someone looking for advice?
My comment came from having a certain standard/expectation of people being able to communicate effectively. Not caring if someone can put a complete sentence together, especially when that someone represents our sport and sponsors, tells me a lot about you. Since you feel that I'm a jerkoff and douche, I'd suggest you evaluate why you are so offended. My feeling is that maybe you weren't so gifted in the grammar/comprehension/communication department growing up so it was easier to chalk it up as not important than to put in the effort to get better. I may be wrong, but that's just my feeling.

I have a passion for this sport and feel that we can do much better than being a bunch of illiterate knuckleheads. I love everything moto related and it's who I am, but I take pride in not being a dumb dirt bike idiot in the eyes of those not in the sport (and in it). And let's be honest, outsiders view us that way. I'm probably one of the few true motocross racers many interact with and I care about the impression I leave them with. Everyone wants more money to grow the sport and pay the riders but no one wants to raise the standards. If you don't think outside sponsors care about the perception it gives by associating with our sport, or about a rider being able to articulate their thoughts in front of a million people on TV while saying said sponsor's name, then we are going nowhere fast. We are a dream market for many companies (younger males with disposable income) and truly a steal when it comes to return on marketing dollars, yet we still fail to keep outside sponsors coming back. Why do you think that is?

You're welcome to not value any of this or to keep your expectations low, but maybe now you'll understand why I feel differently.

To the OP, I have no ill will towards you and wasn't being a dick just to be a dick. I wish I had experience with both bikes to help you out. I don't, but I felt by pushing you to ask the right question, you'll better find the answer.
BobPA
8/23/2017 9:20am
BobPA wrote:
Do not let one obviously biased outlier ruin your thoughts on the bike. He is comparing the 125 and 85 swings arms for crying out loud...
Do not let one obviously biased outlier ruin your thoughts on the bike. He is comparing the 125 and 85 swings arms for crying out loud. Look at the EMX 125 class and Europe and you tell me what is the better platform to start. This dude sounds like some mini dad who has never thrown a leg over a bike in 20 years.

29 of the 40 125's came from Austria in EMX last week, compared to 8 Yamahas

The claim of "most people run Cone Valves" is incredibly over exaggerated. I have seen one maybe two sets on KTM's around here...and they were on Vet riders rides. 6 or 7 of my friends are currently on AER's and love them. I would like a bit better action in the small chop....but they are the best forks I have ever ridden out of the box.
brocsdad wrote:
I was a mechanic for a top 10 Sx and national level rider while I was in college. I raced for several years and I'm still...
I was a mechanic for a top 10 Sx and national level rider while I was in college. I raced for several years and I'm still heavily involved in the sport.

The shimming came info came from the factory KTM mechanics you jackass. It's a known problem! I even posted how to fix it on vital.

I don't know many mini dads who would realize they needed to shim a swing arm. You certainly sounded more credible than that. Cripes Bob.
That is Robert to you.
mha1406
8/23/2017 11:04am

mha1406 wrote:
You bet I'm one of those people who thinks it's not an issue that someone can't put a full sentence together? Where did that come from...
My comment came from having a certain standard/expectation of people being able to communicate effectively. Not caring if someone can put a complete sentence together, especially...
My comment came from having a certain standard/expectation of people being able to communicate effectively. Not caring if someone can put a complete sentence together, especially when that someone represents our sport and sponsors, tells me a lot about you. Since you feel that I'm a jerkoff and douche, I'd suggest you evaluate why you are so offended. My feeling is that maybe you weren't so gifted in the grammar/comprehension/communication department growing up so it was easier to chalk it up as not important than to put in the effort to get better. I may be wrong, but that's just my feeling.

I have a passion for this sport and feel that we can do much better than being a bunch of illiterate knuckleheads. I love everything moto related and it's who I am, but I take pride in not being a dumb dirt bike idiot in the eyes of those not in the sport (and in it). And let's be honest, outsiders view us that way. I'm probably one of the few true motocross racers many interact with and I care about the impression I leave them with. Everyone wants more money to grow the sport and pay the riders but no one wants to raise the standards. If you don't think outside sponsors care about the perception it gives by associating with our sport, or about a rider being able to articulate their thoughts in front of a million people on TV while saying said sponsor's name, then we are going nowhere fast. We are a dream market for many companies (younger males with disposable income) and truly a steal when it comes to return on marketing dollars, yet we still fail to keep outside sponsors coming back. Why do you think that is?

You're welcome to not value any of this or to keep your expectations low, but maybe now you'll understand why I feel differently.

To the OP, I have no ill will towards you and wasn't being a dick just to be a dick. I wish I had experience with both bikes to help you out. I don't, but I felt by pushing you to ask the right question, you'll better find the answer.
Hold up. Someone comes to an mx forum looking for advice, you belittle them with your first response & accuse me (whom you've never met/associated with/etc.) of being uneducated and "less than gifted in the grammar/comprehension/communication department" all while complaining about how our community looks in the eyes of outsiders?

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black..

Keep up the positive responses, you're making our community so educated and respectable!

The Shop

tcallahan707
8/23/2017 11:27am
mha1406 wrote:
My comment came from having a certain standard/expectation of people being able to communicate effectively. Not caring if someone can put a complete sentence together, especially...

mha1406 wrote:
Hold up. Someone comes to an mx forum looking for advice, you belittle them with your first response & accuse me (whom you've never met/associated with/etc.)...
Hold up. Someone comes to an mx forum looking for advice, you belittle them with your first response & accuse me (whom you've never met/associated with/etc.) of being uneducated and "less than gifted in the grammar/comprehension/communication department" all while complaining about how our community looks in the eyes of outsiders?

Keep up the positive responses, you're making our community so educated and respectable!
You're right. I'm wrong. I apologize for being a dumb dirt bike idiot and not understanding the question that was asked.
mha1406
8/23/2017 11:36am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2017 11:38am

mha1406 wrote:
Hold up. Someone comes to an mx forum looking for advice, you belittle them with your first response & accuse me (whom you've never met/associated with/etc.)...

You're right. I'm wrong. I apologize for being a dumb dirt bike idiot and not understanding the question that was asked.
Now get back to selling brake pads

Joking, just trying to lighten the mood a little. I see where you're coming from.
tcallahan707
8/23/2017 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2017 12:27pm
mha1406 wrote:

mha1406 wrote:
Now get back to selling brake pads [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/23/211141/s1200_TommyBoy_055Pyxurz_1.jpg[/img] Joking, just trying to lighten the mood a little. I see where you're coming from.
Now get back to selling brake pads

Joking, just trying to lighten the mood a little. I see where you're coming from.
A half million brake pads*

I see where you are coming from too. I truly had no animosity with my post. It was part Vital jab jab, and part me calling people out because that's what I do. Call me Mathes Jr. Trying to better our sport in the least PC (not pro circuit) way possible.

DrSweden
8/24/2017 2:24am
A half million brake pads* I see where you are coming from too. I truly had no animosity with my post. It was part Vital jab...
A half million brake pads*

I see where you are coming from too. I truly had no animosity with my post. It was part Vital jab jab, and part me calling people out because that's what I do. Call me Mathes Jr. Trying to better our sport in the least PC (not pro circuit) way possible.

I think there are better ways to promote your language agenda, than in an yz vs sx thread. And consider it actually took a while to get your point, if that is your point, or just a jab, which is kind of ironic since you started with "is there really a question". But I guess thanks for the effort. Wink

Post a reply to: Going from yz125 to sx125 (2017)?

The Latest