Goggles with half mask?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2021 12:27 PM

So, I took the plunge and upgraded my goggles to the Airbrakes. I've been wearing O Frames for 30 years, with the half mask. The Airbrakes don't have much in the way of the mask. First lap of practice a rock hits my lip hard enough that it drew blood, a situation that would've easily been non-existent with the old goggles and half mask. I'd stick with the old goggles but they seem to be phasing them out of existence and the new goggles have no half masks available that I can see. Anybody know of anything equivalent that will cover more than just he tip of my nose?

|

2/8/2021 12:36 PM

X2....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/8/2021 12:58 PM

There's this new thing out called a full face helmet you should check it out

|

2/8/2021 1:25 PM

icrashalot wrote:

Still happens 1/2 masks are brill

|

2/8/2021 1:56 PM

Get a different helmet that has the extra rubber nose/cheek guard piece.

|

Powerband in every gear !

2/8/2021 2:11 PM

How have I never heard of goggles that have a half mask that would protect my lips?

|

2/8/2021 2:16 PM

icrashalot wrote:

Lol. Vital always delivers.

|

2/8/2021 2:18 PM

FGR01 wrote:

Get a different helmet that has the extra rubber nose/cheek guard piece.

Hmmm. I was wearing a 6D ATR-2 and that chin bar does stick out a long ways. May have to go back to the Arai if there's no other options. But even it has the chin bar extended from the older models.

|

2/8/2021 2:23 PM

Maybe it's just me. My head is fairly small, but the below mask will cover my nose and all the way down below my upper lip. It may not cover that much on other people.

Photo

|

2/8/2021 2:38 PM

Bitd ..we had these...
Photo
Photo
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

2/8/2021 3:56 PM

dsmith wrote:

Bitd ..we had these...
Photo
Photo

Yeah buddy. I had my full mask Jeff Ward replica back in the day too. He was my hero.

Photo

Just so everybody knows, these half masks are worn with a full face helmet. I'm not suggesting I'm still wearing an open face helmet.

|

2/8/2021 4:15 PM

Those old-school masks look so damn cool

|

2/8/2021 5:00 PM

It basically just comes down to the combination of certain helmets with certain goggles and how they combined fit on a rider's face and head.

You've got the Zach Osborne syndrome man! He always has that exposed face look and it was really bad when he was wearing the Oakley/Airoh combo.

Photo

|

2/8/2021 6:33 PM

FGR01 wrote:

It basically just comes down to the combination of certain helmets with certain goggles and how they combined fit on a rider's ...more

Dumbest look.

|

2/8/2021 6:41 PM

FGR01 wrote:

It basically just comes down to the combination of certain helmets with certain goggles and how they combined fit on a rider's ...more

He removed the mouth/nose guard on the helmet and isn’t running the nose guard on the goggle.

That combo can look nice.
Photo

|

2/8/2021 10:37 PM

You should just put your hands up to protect your nose. Maybe some cardboard and some tape?

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

2/9/2021 4:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2021 4:27 AM

FGR01 wrote:

I agree, I've always felt with Zach I could see so much more of his face in that open area. It was def. worst with the Airoh helmet but the Fly is pretty open too. That's the only thing that keeps me from getting the Formula. Always liked the really close fit of the Arai to the face.

Edit: [Not trying to start a helmet debate]

|

Motorcycles have been keeping me smiling for 19 years and counting!

The Chap - My YouTube channel. Trying to share the stoke!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTZ4lNA_xYv6N2DS4L1Now

2/9/2021 5:04 AM

FGR01 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

He removed the mouth/nose guard on the helmet and isn’t running the nose guard on the goggle.

That combo can look nice.
Photo

Herlings actually built his own guard out of tape and something else. Zoom in closely and you can see what’s coming off the Airoh chin at isn’t very clean/original equipment

|

2/9/2021 6:02 AM

It looks like I'm SOL with all the new goggles. For their price, I haven't been too enamored with the new "high end" goggle offerings. I'll probably just buy up all the old O Frames I can find and keep trucking with the half mask set up.

|

2/9/2021 6:55 AM

Photo
|

2/9/2021 7:20 AM

just_gonna_send_it wrote:

It looks like I'm SOL with all the new goggles. For their price, I haven't been too enamored with the new "high end" goggle ...more

David Bailey would say it's the same as not wearing a chest protector. Just encouragement to get to the front and stay there to avoid roost!

|

2/9/2021 8:33 AM

davistld01 wrote: Photo

Sweet pic.

|

2/9/2021 8:35 AM

just_gonna_send_it wrote:

It looks like I'm SOL with all the new goggles. For their price, I haven't been too enamored with the new "high end" goggle ...more

FGR01 wrote:

David Bailey would say it's the same as not wearing a chest protector. Just encouragement to get to the front and stay there ...more

Yeah, I've heard Ward would say he intentionally wouldn't wear a chest protector during the 500 nationals for that reason. It doesn't bother me to say I'm not as tough as Jeff Ward.

|

2/15/2021 1:38 PM

Photo
Ad from Racer x
|