Goggle identification help

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2018 6:39 AM

Last weekend my son and I attend Unadilla for the first time and really enjoyed the race, the track and the crowd.
I was at the first turn for the start of the second 250 Moto getting some pics. One of the PC mechanics handed me a pair 100% goggles that had been tossed earlier that day. They are baby blue or powder blue. The lens was gone, as they look to have been part of the track at some point. The tampon is still attached to the foam as well. I have looked through all my photos and videos to see if I could identify which rider may have worn them. A couple possibilities. I thought I would post a pic and see if anyone may have a good educated guess. Photo

|

8/18/2018 7:01 AM

That's a maxi pad, not a tampon...

|

8/18/2018 7:10 AM

I'd say the best guess is Star Racing but who the hell knows.

|

8/18/2018 7:29 AM

disbanded wrote:

Thanks for point that out. It should help in finding the rider.

|

8/18/2018 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2018 7:48 AM

wfoskir wrote:

Now you only need to figure out which riders wear tampons and which ones wear pads to narrow the search.

|

8/18/2018 7:42 AM

Those may have started life as a pair of goggles but they are now trash. (Funny how we still say, "pair or set" of goggles when we only have single lenses nowadays)? It would just sound dumb to say, "hand me my goggle".

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/18/2018 11:51 AM

disbanded wrote:

wfoskir wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Now you only need to figure out which riders wear tampons and which ones wear pads to narrow the search.

That’s funny.

|

8/18/2018 11:53 AM

plowboy wrote:

Those may have started life as a pair of goggles but they are now trash. (Funny how we still say, "pair or set" of goggles when we only have single lenses nowadays)? It would just sound dumb to say, "hand me my goggle".

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing it. The goggles are trash but a souvenir none the less. It’s a long shot to figure who’s they may be but I thought I would try.

|

8/18/2018 11:54 AM

Ferrandis threw a pair not long after the start. Not sure if it was the first moto or 2nd.

Wore a pair of goggles on top of another pair.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/18/2018 12:55 PM

plowboy wrote:

wfoskir wrote:

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing it. The goggles are trash but a souvenir none the less. It’s a long shot to figure who’s they may be but I thought I would try.

Lol...I'd definitely keep them if I could identify the rider...and probably keep them even if I couldn't.tongue

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/18/2018 1:59 PM

Photo

Possibly plessinger ?
|

8/18/2018 5:13 PM

I have been thinking the same, somebody from the Yamaha team. I know both plessinger and Ferrandis doubled their goggles. Probably threw them after the first turn. The dozer probably pushed them back towards the first turn with the mud and off the side of the track. That would explain why the lens was gone and the is impacted throughout the goggles. Works for me.
They are hanging on the wall as is!

|

8/18/2018 6:16 PM

Paging Bevo... I honestly think he would know. Cool to have and will def be a bit of conversation piece.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/18/2018 6:31 PM

Yea, does anyone have a direct line to Bevo!?
Watching the race again. I think I can rule out Ferrandis, his goggles are the wrong color. And I do mean goggleS, both pair wrong color.
However, plessinger kind of looks like a match. Didn’t have a chance to finish watching so, to be continued!

|

8/20/2018 6:28 AM

Trash??? I'd hose those puppies off, rinse them in a 5 gallon bucket of water/simple green and throw them in the washing machine. A new lens and you've got an almost new pair of goggles.

Of course, I always remove the unused tear-offs after a moto and clean them and put them back on with a few new ones. The one from the outside always goes back on the outside for the start so I don't waste any new ones.

|

8/20/2018 7:18 AM

Paging GoggleFiend904

|