Goerke a Redneck Gorilla

2/20/2011 7:06am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:12am
It has been mentioned numerous times on this site how it would be nice if more racers and their families were members so you can get true and accurate information about what goes on behind the scenes. I feel that I can honestly speak for the majority of the families and riders when I state that some of the comments made about us are hateful enough to chase us away.
San Diego was my son, Matt’s, first race back after an ankle injury. Obviously, it was not a good night for him after he crashed out of a qualifying position. I chose not to look at this particular site because I already knew that some people would make callous comments, and as a mother, it hurts. My husband did however look because he likes to hear some of the actual stats on the race. Gary told me just a few of the mean comments on not just my son, but also on other riders.
The individuals, who feel the need to try and incite hateful, prejudicial, and bigoted comments about where a racer was born and/or live, are proof of their own uneducated moral aptitude.
Riders and their families have dedicated their lives to this sport. The fact that so many spectators love to watch these riders compete and admire acquired skills that each rider has mastered in their own way is truly entertaining. Perhaps, those who stay at home and write negative lies about the riders should invest their time in a more productive way.
Cyndi Goerke
|
35smom
2/20/2011 7:10am
It has been mentioned numerous times on this site how it would be nice if more racers and their families were members so you can get...
It has been mentioned numerous times on this site how it would be nice if more racers and their families were members so you can get true and accurate information about what goes on behind the scenes. I feel that I can honestly speak for the majority of the families and riders when I state that some of the comments made about us are hateful enough to chase us away.
San Diego was my son, Matt’s, first race back after an ankle injury. Obviously, it was not a good night for him after he crashed out of a qualifying position. I chose not to look at this particular site because I already knew that some people would make callous comments, and as a mother, it hurts. My husband did however look because he likes to hear some of the actual stats on the race. Gary told me just a few of the mean comments on not just my son, but also on other riders.
The individuals, who feel the need to try and incite hateful, prejudicial, and bigoted comments about where a racer was born and/or live, are proof of their own uneducated moral aptitude.
Riders and their families have dedicated their lives to this sport. The fact that so many spectators love to watch these riders compete and admire acquired skills that each rider has mastered in their own way is truly entertaining. Perhaps, those who stay at home and write negative lies about the riders should invest their time in a more productive way.
Cyndi Goerke
Very well said Cyndi....
flarider
2/20/2011 7:13am
Hi Cyndi
See you next week in Atlanta?
Towelie
2/20/2011 7:16am
Just out of curiosity, how will a riders parents feel when their kid fails & ends up a pain killer addict that cant hold a job & has no social skills cause he was home schooled & without MX cannot hold himself above water? I mean, there is a flip side to this
jndmx
2/20/2011 7:19am
Towelie wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how will a riders parents feel when their kid fails & ends up a pain killer addict that cant hold a job...
Just out of curiosity, how will a riders parents feel when their kid fails & ends up a pain killer addict that cant hold a job & has no social skills cause he was home schooled & without MX cannot hold himself above water? I mean, there is a flip side to this
Nice to see you are keeping it classy........schmuck.

I'm guessing that riders parent might be a little more proud of a chid that at least tried to live their dreams instead of just being an asshat tossing out stupid comments on the internet.

The Shop

Highsider
2/20/2011 7:19am
I missed that comment. Please post a link to the thread. The Vital rules forbid name calling and racial comments.

Boy, that was kinda wild when MG blew the corner while in 5th!
That is from not being used to race speeds and super slippery conditions, of course. I think he did pretty well for his first race in three months.

I can't wait until next week!
Live broadcast, too.
kongols
2/20/2011 7:20am
Towelie wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how will a riders parents feel when their kid fails & ends up a pain killer addict that cant hold a job...
Have a decency to not post in this thread.
flarider
2/20/2011 7:20am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 7:21am
Towelie wrote:
Not even sure how you find that applicable here.
Are you accusing someone of something?
Brosho
2/20/2011 7:20am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 7:24am
It has been mentioned numerous times on this site how it would be nice if more racers and their families were members so you can get...
Cyndi Goerke
Cyndi

I agree with you 100% People on these SX/MX boards can be evil. Their response to the Hate (negative talk) is that when someone decide to be famous, they are putting themselves out there to be ridiculed or hated on.

I say bullcrap because a lot of top motocrossers I bet just want to be the BEST first and not FAMOUS first.
Its sad how so many Grown men will nit pick every little thing those guys do, in order to look for a reason to hate our top riders of our sport. Its sad and I doubt it will never end.

Some say they say the things they do in order to give that particular riders fans a hard time, but they do not take into consideration that those riders Parents, Family, Spouses, Friends read that crap. Its sad.

Hang in there.
Towelie
2/20/2011 7:26am
No, I am pointing out there is a flip side. So many cry and complain that we should swing from these guys nuts & not say anything cause they ride dirt bikes. Its the internet, everyone knows that. I am pointing out the flip side, like Jlaw, you see his mommy getting on line crying about what is said? Plenty of you think you can say whatever you want about Jlaw or whoever, but then you stand here with your finger in your ass on your pedestal like now cause you think that is actually someones mom. I doubt that is Cindy actually posting that, why? Cause most of those familes are smart enough to not care what is said on here or other places. Do you think Elways mom got on line to tell off NFL fans? Or any other pro sport player?
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
2/20/2011 7:29am
Towelie wrote:
Classy move, I hope GuyB clicks you and your negative comments out of here for good.

You just proved her point with your childish and irrelevant statement.
motogrady
2/20/2011 7:31am
Towelie wrote:
He'll get a job or start his own business and do the best he can.

Not everyone wants to be an English Professor.
Towelie
2/20/2011 7:32am
god, someone call the WHAMMMMBUALANCE, vital members who feel a strong connection to people they dont know are crying again. Get a grip, are you people dumb enough to think someones mom is gonna get on here? She would know that is not going to help his career. And even if it is, hello, helicopter parent. Cut the cord already
88sdad
2/20/2011 7:33am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2011 7:33am
Towelie wrote:
AZ35 wrote:
Classy move, I hope GuyB clicks you and your negative comments out of here for good. You just proved her point with your childish and irrelevant...
Classy move, I hope GuyB clicks you and your negative comments out of here for good.

You just proved her point with your childish and irrelevant statement.
I vote for Dave to stuff him hard in the next berm.
jleews6
2/20/2011 7:33am
cyndi goerke

I know its hard but try not to pay any attention to any of the clowns that have negative things to say because every one of them couldn't hold a candle to your son on his worst day.
jmar
2/20/2011 8:02am
Towelie wrote:
My son is one of those you are speaking of. No addiction problems, and is doing very well outside of the moto industry. He wasn't home schooled but he was basically kicked out because of attendance issues.
2/20/2011 8:13am
Towelie, In respose to your many , many accusations. I use my name in my profile, something you and people like yourself dont, although your avatar picture clearly states what you are about. YES, every parent cares what is said about their family. Anyone that knows me will state that I care more about the image and character that my children portray than I do about their finishes. No doubt, I am happy when they are , and I am happy that they have an oppertunity to make a living at what they love to do, since not all of us are able. Parents, family and friends do read and some of us do post comments on this site.
Robmx522
2/20/2011 8:21am
wow trash talking on a public forum now way
plowboy
2/20/2011 8:30am
Thanks for taking the time to post your 100% accurate comments. I don't know Matt personally but have been following his career since I met him at the mall in Colorado at the inagural race, in what I believe was his rookie year. I liked him then and I admire his tenacity and polite and unassuming nature. You guys done good.
smeg
2/20/2011 8:31am
Mrs. G, I am sorry but you really are gonna need to let some of this crap just go in one ear and out the other. Don't even take the time to process some(most) of it. Perfect example is Towelies' posts. Your son has put in the time, done the work, made the sacrifices. Kuddos to him and the family but some of the people on here are just ignorant and hateful. They see someone who has accomplished something that they could not...... so they have to try and drag them down to their level. I know it is hard as a parent to see the things people post about your kid but he is a public figure and this kind of thing HAS to expected. Hang in there, the better he preforms the worse it will get.

Towelie................you sir are a complete idiot.....................maybe when you brain develops past the 7th grade you will understand. Until then you need to STFU
mxhonda831
2/20/2011 8:33am
Goerke is a badass! One of my favorite people in the pits and his family is the best, they took me in like there own and have helped me so much. I can't thank Matt, Cyndi and Gary enough.....maybe Kyle too haha
zippy895
2/20/2011 8:34am
negative posters are wanna bees.
ImTheDude
2/20/2011 8:35am
Wow, Mrs. Goerke didn't do her son any favors with this post.
Until now, I never thought of Matt as a "redneck gorilla".
level
2/20/2011 9:11am
I think many of the outsiders take a few bad apples on this board and think we are like that. I wouldn't pay much attention to it. There are thousand and thousands of members on this board and just a tiny .01% that don't have anything nice to say.

Just remember Cyndi-most of us on this board and moto fans that are not on this board respect the riders and what they do so I wouldn't pay much attention to a few bad comments about your son. However, it is cool to see you defend him and I understand why. The moto world is a tight nit group and it becomes very obvious on this board how close us fans get to industry people and there families.
jeffro503
2/20/2011 9:23am
Cyndi Goerke
Cyndi.....

You have to realize that there are some individuals on any message board that will say something stupid , mainly to get a "spark" out of other people. Another words....."to cause trouble" This board is full of those type of people , but there are also a ton of people on here that love and support this sport and all it's riders.

I'm sorry you had to hear about some of the negative things being said towards Matt. Most of all the "True fans" of this sport , don't speak that way towards the riders and so forth. They may criticize some of them some times , but the real fans don't totally slam other riders. I've always believed that kicking a guy when he's down ( or on his way back up ) is just wrong.

Good luck to Matt the rest of the season! Can't wait to see him healthy for a full outdoor series!!

As far as the guys posting negative comments.......they do it all the time about every rider. Just ignore them. If you stick around long enough , you can see which ones are the ones nobody listens to.
stillwelding
2/20/2011 9:25am
Matt was always a nice guy to me when I was doing work for Ozzy and Dang at YOT. He's really hauls the freight too.
DL
2/20/2011 9:37am
Gibby ought to click this tool..... and Cyndi take a deep breathe and forget about it. We know the talent and commitment he and your family have.
ocscottie
2/20/2011 9:41am
Cyndi, i hope it wasnt where we were just making jokes about "Beef"? If that was it i fully apologize, and i am sure he saw earlier in the thread how much we were pulling for Matt! HUGE fans and been rootin for him since day 1.
gt80rider
2/20/2011 9:44am
why would someones mom refer to them as a "Redneck Gorilla"....???

anyways.... if this is actually Matt's mom (using a "real" name doesn't count as proof) i would hope she'd make better use out of her time than cruising internet boards looking for posts that will only upset her.... stay on facebook if you want to keep a sane mind.... look at the boards if you wish to torture yourself....
Towelie
2/20/2011 10:03am
gt80rider wrote:
why would someones mom refer to them as a "Redneck Gorilla"....??? anyways.... if this is actually Matt's mom (using a "real" name doesn't count as proof)...

anyways.... if this is actually Matt's mom (using a "real" name doesn't count as proof) i would hope she'd make better use out of her time than cruising internet boards looking for posts that will only upset her.... stay on facebook if you want to keep a sane mind.... look at the boards if you wish to torture yourself....
I really do not think it is his mom. I have serious reservations that a pro riders mom would get on Vital, use her real name to tell everyone about hurt feelings.
Yamaha24
2/20/2011 10:07am
gt80rider wrote:
why would someones mom refer to them as a "Redneck Gorilla"....??? anyways.... if this is actually Matt's mom (using a "real" name doesn't count as proof)...

Towelie wrote:
I really do not think it is his mom. I have serious reservations that a pro riders mom would get on Vital, use her real name...
I really do not think it is his mom. I have serious reservations that a pro riders mom would get on Vital, use her real name to tell everyone about hurt feelings.
Canards mom post on here too. Also uses her name.

Who are you anyways????? I live in Colorado...do you actually ride? Every post I have ever seen you make is negative and sucks!

Post a reply to: Goerke a Redneck Gorilla

The Latest