Godsmack Bass Player @ NFMX

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 8:52pm
Until I actually met him at the track yesterday, I never would have imagined that Robbie Merrill, bass player and founding member of Godsmack, would be into MX. He is, and he's a pretty good rider. He was humble, soft-spoken, friendly, and really digs MX. Note the shroud graphics. Also note the bike is NOT a Yamaha (as I originally thought).

I got this picture with him. I stood behind his bike because I didn't want you all to see the secret to braiding my back hair. Some of the ends hang out of my shirt, so I made sure to get behind his bike to hide this crucial "Harry" secret.

|
Wade221
4/5/2018 12:41pm
Anonymous wrote:
Until I actually met him at the track yesterday, I never would have imagined that Robbie Merrill, bass player and founding member of Godsmack, would be...
Until I actually met him at the track yesterday, I never would have imagined that Robbie Merrill, bass player and founding member of Godsmack, would be into MX. He is, and he's a pretty good rider. He was humble, soft-spoken, friendly, and really digs MX. Note the shroud graphics. Also note the bike is NOT a Yamaha (as I originally thought).

I got this picture with him. I stood behind his bike because I didn't want you all to see the secret to braiding my back hair. Some of the ends hang out of my shirt, so I made sure to get behind his bike to hide this crucial "Harry" secret.

Without AA in it, this pic is worthless! Haha
SURFGLOBE
4/5/2018 12:42pm
He has ridden Pax a few times as well. Heard all the same stuff that you stated.
4/5/2018 12:46pm
Anonymous wrote:
Until I actually met him at the track yesterday, I never would have imagined that Robbie Merrill, bass player and founding member of Godsmack, would be...

Wade221 wrote:
Without AA in it, this pic is worthless! Haha
Haha! He was there. I would not have known if AA hadn't told me. He'd said something about it before, but I don't get too excited about celebrities (unless it's Slipdog), so I just kept it in the back of my mind that he was around at NFMX, occasionally. I didn't let him know I knew who he was until about 30 minutes after we'd started talking. Dude was completely down-to-earth and we just talked moto. Eventually I asked him when the new record was coming out (later this month) and we spoke a little bit about that.

The Shop

kevingent55
4/5/2018 1:48pm
That's awesome! Love me some Godsmack live, I've seen them at least 5 times in various places.
Bry145
4/5/2018 4:02pm
He was in a KTM ad (I believe) back around 2000 or so. It's good he is still riding!

I was in high school when they became popular. Moon Baby was a good tune!

MX Culture
4/5/2018 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 4:48pm
Sat next to him on a plane ride from Sturgis to Chicago a few years ago.
We chatted moto the whole flight after he saw me reading a RacerX mag.
He knows Ziggy from FC and has bought a few of Eli's old race bikes from them as well.
Great guy and I was backstage at one of their concerts a few months later.

jeffro503
4/5/2018 4:39pm
Holy shit John , that is freakin' awesome! Does he live down by you? What track were you guys riding at?

two more question's.....

1.) did you get most everything un-packed at the new casa?
2.) If I come down , can we still have gator tail? Never had it and it sounds good.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2018 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 7:06pm
Hey guys,

Harry, that is awesome!

Moving forward, here is where I would ask a broad, open ended question to perpetuate as many posts as possible to increase post count!

Now, Im off to make a “best of” or opinon poll thread. After that, Im going to head over to Tech/race shop to waste as many peoples’ time as possible. All about generating the maximum responses to generate $$$$! Gotta get paid.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance! Any help is appreciated. EvilWoohooSilly

PS, that encounter really is cool!
4/5/2018 7:04pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit John , that is freakin' awesome! Does he live down by you? What track were you guys riding at? two more question's..... 1.) did...
Holy shit John , that is freakin' awesome! Does he live down by you? What track were you guys riding at?

two more question's.....

2.) If I come down , can we still have gator tail? Never had it and it sounds good.
JeffBRO, he lives down near St. Augustine somewhere. We were at North Florida Motocross, which is almost in Georgia.

We're moved in pretty good. Still hanging pictures and that sort of thing.

Gator tail is delicious and always available. Smile
jeffro503
4/5/2018 7:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit John , that is freakin' awesome! Does he live down by you? What track were you guys riding at? two more question's..... 1.) did...

two more question's.....

JeffBRO, he lives down near St. Augustine somewhere. We were at North Florida Motocross, which is almost in Georgia. We're moved in pretty good. Still hanging...
JeffBRO, he lives down near St. Augustine somewhere. We were at North Florida Motocross, which is almost in Georgia.

We're moved in pretty good. Still hanging pictures and that sort of thing.

Gator tail is delicious and always available. Smile
Brother.....I will take you up on that offer one day and come down there. I've never been to that part of the country and I'd really like to check it out. I can't even tell you how much I wish I could just pack up and leave here right now. Obligations are holding me back , but I really need / want to visit the lower mid west. And man , I'm glad you are digging it down there.
JM485
4/5/2018 8:52pm
I remember Dirt Rider doing a short write up on him quite a few years back, awesome to see him into it. Godsmack kicks total ass, no other band has that same bad ass sound to me and it sounds even better when you're pissed off about something.Smile

Post a reply to: Godsmack Bass Player @ NFMX

The Latest