God, it sucks getting old......

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
Edited Date/Time 5/30/2015 8:45am
Alright, can't say I'm too old..... I'm 26. BUT, I'm a newly wed, new home owner, and I found myself with over an acre of lawn and no way to cut it. Well, I would love to have new bikes..... but duty calls and I had to drop new bike money on this hog today. It really blows growing up and buying lawn mowers instead of new dirt bikes......

|
NotCore
4/25/2015 1:19pm
You should wait a few years before calling yourself old. And that zero turn for an acre is a choice. A push mower would be a good choice with enough left over for the bike.

Still it's your choice, and the most important choice is the very next one. Don't take them for granted, and build the life of your dreams. The best time of your life starts today!
4/25/2015 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2015 1:21pm
I'm in the same boat except I'm 20 with 3.5 acres! I must say id rather have a house and wife than a new bike. Hopefully I can afford both soon
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/25/2015 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2015 1:25pm
NotCore wrote:
You should wait a few years before calling yourself old. And that zero turn for an acre is a choice. A push mower would be a...
You should wait a few years before calling yourself old. And that zero turn for an acre is a choice. A push mower would be a good choice with enough left over for the bike.

Still it's your choice, and the most important choice is the very next one. Don't take them for granted, and build the life of your dreams. The best time of your life starts today!
Lol, but by the time I push mowed the damn thing I wouldn't have any time to ride!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
4/25/2015 1:25pm
get a push and call it trainingSilly
when i bought my 1st home,my buddy would tease me on how does my washer/dryer handle? i took a year off and got everything dialed @ the house.

The Shop

DownSouth
4/25/2015 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2015 1:34pm
What's that Cub Cadet got for an engine? My old man has a similar one about 8 years old with a Kawasaki V-twin. He cuts about 5 acres in Georgia and It has been bulletproof so far.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/25/2015 1:26pm
Wish I was ONLY 26...
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
4/25/2015 1:31pm
NotCore wrote:
You should wait a few years before calling yourself old. And that zero turn for an acre is a choice. A push mower would be a...

I officially feel old as of three days ago. My 16 year old just got his drivers license, it was a scary feeling watching my baby drive off from the house by himself. I feel as though I have aged 15 years in the last three days worrying!! But, seeing my boy enjoy his Mustang GT warms me all over...
4/25/2015 1:34pm
Dude, you gotta buy the nice bike before the wedding....Everybody knows that. Just got engaged to my girlfriend and picked up the bike that I could see myself riding it for years to come.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/25/2015 1:34pm
DownSouth wrote:
What's that Cub Cadet got for an engine? My old man has a similar one about 8 years old with a Kawasaki V-twin. He cuts about...
What's that Cub Cadet got for an engine? My old man has a similar one about 8 years old with a Kawasaki V-twin. He cuts about 5 acres in Georgia and It has been bulletproof so far.
It has a Kawasaki engine, so it'll probably loop out on me
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/25/2015 1:36pm
Dude, you gotta buy the nice bike before the wedding....Everybody knows that. Just got engaged to my girlfriend and picked up the bike that I could...
Dude, you gotta buy the nice bike before the wedding....Everybody knows that. Just got engaged to my girlfriend and picked up the bike that I could see myself riding it for years to come.
I did.... see the KTM in my avitar.... Sad

Sold it to buy the house.... but I've got a killer CR125 now Cool
4/25/2015 1:37pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I did.... see the KTM in my avitar.... Sad

Sold it to buy the house.... but I've got a killer CR125 now Cool
Say it aint so! It's time to stat doing some overtime!
DownSouth
4/25/2015 1:38pm
DownSouth wrote:
What's that Cub Cadet got for an engine? My old man has a similar one about 8 years old with a Kawasaki V-twin. He cuts about...
MxKing809 wrote:
I'v nearly looped his out mowing straight up a steep ditch bank. Scary.

The Kawi should be good. I have seen several different engines on those but most seem to be Kawi or Kohler.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/25/2015 1:42pm
DownSouth wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
I'v nearly looped his out mowing straight up a steep ditch bank. Scary. The Kawi should be good. I have seen several different engines on those...
I'v nearly looped his out mowing straight up a steep ditch bank. Scary.

The Kawi should be good. I have seen several different engines on those but most seem to be Kawi or Kohler.
Kohler has a bad engine design a few years back, and they are looked down upon now.... buy I think they fixed their design. I just liked the KHI engine, much like Honda generators.. they just work
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/25/2015 1:44pm
If you feel old in mid 20s then you're doin it wrong!
NotCore
4/25/2015 1:45pm
NotCore wrote:

dadofagun wrote:
I officially feel old as of three days ago. My 16 year old just got his drivers license, it was a scary feeling watching my baby...
I officially feel old as of three days ago. My 16 year old just got his drivers license, it was a scary feeling watching my baby drive off from the house by himself. I feel as though I have aged 15 years in the last three days worrying!! But, seeing my boy enjoy his Mustang GT warms me all over...
Been there, wait until he's 18 and wants to drive to FL for spring break. I made him give me his Apple pw so I could find him if he didn't call back! Getting old is not for the weak of heart, mind, or back!

jmx411
4/25/2015 1:46pm
I'm jealous you have an acre of land. When I got married move to the suburbs off my dads farm. Only good thing is part of my hoa fees go to landscapers cutting my grass every week
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/25/2015 1:52pm
jmx411 wrote:
I'm jealous you have an acre of land. When I got married move to the suburbs off my dads farm. Only good thing is part of...
I'm jealous you have an acre of land. When I got married move to the suburbs off my dads farm. Only good thing is part of my hoa fees go to landscapers cutting my grass every week
Lucky!!!!!!!!

All the rich MF'ers in my neighborhood hire it out.... so I think I'll be the only guy who actually has a mower lol
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
4/25/2015 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2015 1:55pm
 photo toro_rear_engine_rider_mower_26_deck_31772139.jpg

dont mean to burst your bubble.but this is my girl,lol.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
4/25/2015 2:00pm
NotCore wrote:

dadofagun wrote:
I officially feel old as of three days ago. My 16 year old just got his drivers license, it was a scary feeling watching my baby...
NotCore wrote:
Been there, wait until he's 18 and wants to drive to FL for spring break. I made him give me his Apple pw so I could...
Been there, wait until he's 18 and wants to drive to FL for spring break. I made him give me his Apple pw so I could find him if he didn't call back! Getting old is not for the weak of heart, mind, or back!

Damn...I hadn't even thought of that yet. He's only been "legal" a few days, and already looking for trick parts for his car. I thought the cold air intake, and flowmaster exhaust kit would be enough....boy was I wrong! Gotta admit, I'm gonna steal your apple idea!!
4/25/2015 2:08pm
my photo game is hurting. img copy then embed photo paste?
my photo game is hurting. img copy then embed photo paste?
I just got rid of everything after the jpg.

Spartacus
4/25/2015 2:08pm
You're correct, you're "getting old". You aren't old yet.

You will get older faster sitting on that zero turn though.
4/25/2015 2:31pm
"You're only as old as the Woman you feel".
4/25/2015 2:33pm
I got shirts older than you! However, I like the mower, and I like that you have put your priorities in order. Yes, that is proof of getting older. You'll get your new bike soon enough. We'll done, sir.
markit
4/25/2015 2:59pm
seth505 wrote:
If you feel old in mid 20s then you're doin it wrong!
I was thinking the same, im 50 and can mow my 3 acr with my weedwacker. Thats a lot of mower for only a few acrs Smile
Rick M.
4/25/2015 3:03pm
Old? Man, I am counting down the days until I turn 30 so I can race the vet classes.

Post a reply to: God, it sucks getting old......

The Latest