GoPro IPO?

ChrisB10
7/3/2014 3:37am
I'm a Finance major so this really peaked my interest. With big IPO's like Twitter unless you're a big player then you wouldn't be able to buy shares. There's investor minimums and a select few broker's who have the rights to the IPO so the fact that GOPRO did this makes me very jealous and mad I told my GF a couple of years ago I didn't want one. Kudos to GOPRO
ChrisB10
7/3/2014 3:37am
dirthead1 wrote:
Better off buying vintage cars, real estate or other crap these days... tangible assets is the path... fuck paper, I mean electronic, unrealized wealth. Pretty rad...
Better off buying vintage cars, real estate or other crap these days... tangible assets is the path... fuck paper, I mean electronic, unrealized wealth. Pretty rad building a bunch of numbers and zeros, then watching it all disappear in an afternoon for a second time.

Ammunition, firearms, cans of food and jugs of water are now King in my economy. Come get some!
you're a moron.....
7/3/2014 4:58am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 5:07am
dan.karp.5 wrote:
I bought 2000 shares @ 29.37 last Thursday when the market opened. I sold all my shares today @ 45 flat. thank you GoPro.
Im not very good at math but you invested 60k?! You crazy!
dirthead1
7/3/2014 5:01am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 5:09am
dirthead1 wrote:
Better off buying vintage cars, real estate or other crap these days... tangible assets is the path... fuck paper, I mean electronic, unrealized wealth. Pretty rad...
Better off buying vintage cars, real estate or other crap these days... tangible assets is the path... fuck paper, I mean electronic, unrealized wealth. Pretty rad building a bunch of numbers and zeros, then watching it all disappear in an afternoon for a second time.

Ammunition, firearms, cans of food and jugs of water are now King in my economy. Come get some!
ChrisB10 wrote:
you're a moron.....
And I guess you are now the resident money expert as a "Finance major" with a bunch of scratch in the game?

You don't know shit greenhorn and you've got a lot to learn...

Do you even own a home or have a portfolio yet?

In 2006, I bet you were still eating your boogers and your mama was still wiping your ass.

The Shop

dirthead1
7/3/2014 5:09am
dan.karp.5 wrote:
I bought 2000 shares @ 29.37 last Thursday when the market opened. I sold all my shares today @ 45 flat. thank you GoPro.
Put in almost $46k and made roughly $44k...
IWreckALot
7/3/2014 5:34am
dan.karp.5 wrote:
dirthead1 wrote:
Crazy, lucky and you're going to have a very Merry Christmas. Ha. A gamble that paid off.
7/3/2014 6:15am
dirthead1 wrote:
That's what I want to do for a living.
mauidex
7/14/2014 12:07pm
GPRO tankin today if anyone has some might want to take a look.........glad I was in and out early...............could dump and ramp up again like facebook if somethin sparks it..........
rcm406
7/14/2014 12:09pm
mauidex wrote:
GPRO tankin today if anyone has some might want to take a look.........glad I was in and out early...............could dump and ramp up again like facebook...
GPRO tankin today if anyone has some might want to take a look.........glad I was in and out early...............could dump and ramp up again like facebook if somethin sparks it..........
Over the weekend, Barron's Alexander Eule published a cautious article on GoPro, and this morning the stock is down more than 4%. Earlier, shares of GoPro were down as much as 6.5%.

In Barron's, Eule's piece, titled "GoPro's Thrill-Filled IPO Adventure May End Badly," said that GoPro faces the risk, like so many tech gadgets, of being "subsumed by our phones."

Eule:

"IN SOME WAYS, THE EXCITEMENT over GoPro is a quaint return to pre-smartphone days. It's hard to find stand-alone gadgets that haven't been subsumed by our phones. GoPro, though, still risks suffering a similar fate. The cautionary tale is Flip, the groundbreaking camera that Cisco Systems bought for $590 million in 2009. The Flip was a miniature marvel, bringing the world high-definition home videos from a device that easily fit in a back pocket. Nifty idea, but it was a feature, not a product, as Apple's iPhone soon made clear. Cisco shuttered the Flip business just two years after its purchase."

GoPro shares went bonkers after its IPO, but eventually pared some of those gains. But even so, at current prices, the company has a market cap of about $4.7 billion.

We noted that after the stock's steep run up, short sellers began circling GoPro, seeing an opportunity after a massive run up.

After a less-than-stellar bit of press over the weekend, GoPro bears are taking control during a session that is seeing the Nasdaq rally.
9/29/2014 7:32am
GoPro is up to 86 and climbing. I randomly checked it this morning and they were up to 80 and then I saw them featured on one of those national morning talk shows and it has been going up ever since. They're going to take over!
RangerLee
9/29/2014 8:56am
I am still doing good, I bought at 28.90, only $1,500 worth, no complaints though, letting it ride.
Sandberm
10/8/2015 7:00am
Stock hit a new 52 week low yesterday of 27.52 on analyst downgrade. But it is drawing interest at these levels. This guy thinks Apple should buy them out.

Does anybody own the lastest GoPros Session I believe its called? What do you think of it? Also I see they are coming out with a quadcopter next year, should generate $150m in sales from what Ive read.

Disclosure, I bought some at 27.72 this morning when it retested yesterdays low. It could go lower but right now is hovering around 28 (down 5% from yesterdays close) with almost 50% normal volume of shares traded already
Tpog496
10/8/2015 7:16am
Sandberm wrote:
Stock hit a new 52 week low yesterday of 27.52 on analyst downgrade. But it is drawing interest at these levels. [url=http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/07/gopro-hits-new-low-time-for-apple-to-buy-it.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=103060545]This guy thinks Apple should...
Stock hit a new 52 week low yesterday of 27.52 on analyst downgrade. But it is drawing interest at these levels. This guy thinks Apple should buy them out.

Does anybody own the lastest GoPros Session I believe its called? What do you think of it? Also I see they are coming out with a quadcopter next year, should generate $150m in sales from what Ive read.

Disclosure, I bought some at 27.72 this morning when it retested yesterdays low. It could go lower but right now is hovering around 28 (down 5% from yesterdays close) with almost 50% normal volume of shares traded already
What do you used to trade?
Sandberm
10/8/2015 7:25am
Fidelity. I had set up an IRA account with them and also bought some mutual funds years ago before i decided to dip my toes in buying and selling some individual stocks. $7.95/trade...Im sure there is cheaper comissions out there but I'm comfortable using there platform.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
10/8/2015 8:03am
I couldn't remember the old saying - was it buy high and sell low?

I hope so, cuz that's what I did...
IWreckALot
10/8/2015 8:35am
Sandberm wrote:
Stock hit a new 52 week low yesterday of 27.52 on analyst downgrade. But it is drawing interest at these levels. [url=http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/07/gopro-hits-new-low-time-for-apple-to-buy-it.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=103060545]This guy thinks Apple should...

I think GoPro is going to have a difficult time growing without branching out of the action camera market. Product differentiation from one model to the next isn't big enough for an average user to want to be a repeat buyer.

The quad copter is not a bad idea, but they're late to that party. There are already copters out that you can attach a goPro to and see it all live. They really need to differentiate something about it. This says the UAV market is projected to be a $91B industry but UAV encompasses much more than quad copters including military use. $150M doesn't seem unreasonable. Their numbers through 2014 look pretty good but it'll be interesting to see how they adjust this year after going public. Page 35 is where the operating statements are.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-2QSTB3/830044301x0x824053/D…
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
10/8/2015 8:47am
IWreckALot wrote:
I think GoPro is going to have a difficult time growing without branching out of the action camera market. Product differentiation from one model to the...
I think GoPro is going to have a difficult time growing without branching out of the action camera market. Product differentiation from one model to the next isn't big enough for an average user to want to be a repeat buyer.

The quad copter is not a bad idea, but they're late to that party. There are already copters out that you can attach a goPro to and see it all live. They really need to differentiate something about it. This says the UAV market is projected to be a $91B industry but UAV encompasses much more than quad copters including military use. $150M doesn't seem unreasonable. Their numbers through 2014 look pretty good but it'll be interesting to see how they adjust this year after going public. Page 35 is where the operating statements are.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-2QSTB3/830044301x0x824053/D…
CNBC analyst yesterday said he thinks they have untapped opportunities as a content provider on their own. Like youtube or netflix. Interesting angle, pretty straightforward to roll out, lots of growth potential beyond selling the little boxes.

Post a reply to: GoPro IPO?

The Latest