Go Pro Tips and Tricks?

Can everyone share their tips and tricks to recording the best video possible with a GoPro?

I have a Go Pro Hero 5 Black and will be doing a hare scramble this weekend, hoping to get some great footage.

My biggest issue seems to be with sound/wind noise. I am using the stock case. Anything I can do to reduce the wind noise?

Also when I upload to youtube it never looks as good as the pro guys. I typically upload out of the Quik program so that my gauges work well. Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!!
|
Zaugg
4/30/2018 6:41pm
The footage you see is typically color corrected and modified in post. You can adjust some settings in the camera but at the end of the day, most of the magic happens in the editing suite, not in camera.

Quik is not a robust editing program. It's geared for the consumer. If you want pro results, you need pro-level software.

4/30/2018 6:45pm
Zaugg wrote:
The footage you see is typically color corrected and modified in post. You can adjust some settings in the camera but at the end of the...
The footage you see is typically color corrected and modified in post. You can adjust some settings in the camera but at the end of the day, most of the magic happens in the editing suite, not in camera.

Quik is not a robust editing program. It's geared for the consumer. If you want pro results, you need pro-level software.

I have final cut on a 5k iMac. Shit in is shit out. Gauges are only done in quik to my knowledge.

I’ll have to try covering the mics. Seems crazy they sponsor a factory team but don’t have something that is useable out of the box.

Post a reply to: Go Pro Tips and Tricks?

The Latest