Go Pro Hero 7 Black Moto Question...?

livehard280
I just picked up the new Go Pro Hero 7 Black and it only came with a skeleton outer housing (open front) and not the complete protective outer housing like the older models use to come with. Anyone using this camera or the Hero 6 for moto or woods racing, are you using it in the skeleton case or in a complete protective housing? I'm just not sure if the new screen protector on the camera is enough protection for the woods. I'm riding a harescramble tomorrow and don't want to destroy the camera's screen the first time i use it........thanks
|
ayearinmx
11/3/2018 11:25am
i know the dude who works for GoPro at the MXGPs.... having seen the amount of cameras he's gone through this year (6s and 7s), I'd go for as much protection as possible. Of course he's sticking them on Pros, on motocross tracks, in races so of course it is different but honestly... those things are a LOT of money and i wouldn't want to be thinking about my GoPro during a race.
YZ159
11/3/2018 11:29am
The new skeleton housing works well Amazon does sell a metal housing that is much stronger but is rather heavy. I would not be concerned with the housing but would definitely run a glass screen protector, 1 moto of roost and the screen will get pitted.
fpandjic
11/5/2018 9:25am
The extra cover houseing can be found for under $10 on eBay, so I would definitely recommend you to purchase some. If a "right" stone hits it, you'll end up with a broken camera.

The Shop

Supermega1
11/5/2018 2:21pm
I had a knock-off Super Suit that I was using but was having some audio issues so I went back to just the frame. I am running straight desert so your not whacking trees etc. When I am up in the mountains and there are trees case goes back on no batter what. I've busted 2 cameras even inside a case so I always "use protection" now.

The price sucks at like $50 for the super suit its worth it.
Jeremy150
11/5/2018 4:32pm
They're designed to be ran with the "skeleton" housing. The lens on the front is easily replaceable(all you have to do is just twist it off).
We have ran the newer GoPros on trophy trucks and the worst that has happened was a cracked lens.
You can get a replacement lens from GoPro on Amazon for $17. https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Protective-Replacement-Official-Accessory/…
You can find even cheaper ones on ebay.

Post a reply to: Go Pro Hero 7 Black Moto Question...?

The Latest