Go Fund Me Campaign for 250 LCQ 5th - 16th riders?

Snoqualmie
Anybody have experience with this?
|
Snoqualmie
2/2/2021 8:01pm
sostoked wrote:
Go fund yourself
AMA favoritism to larger teams harmed the riders.

Do you care about “following the rules” in the sport?

You should.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/3/2021 6:18am
Snoqualmie wrote:
Anybody have experience with this?
Pulp does something like this. Clason got 30k last year from pulp for winning the privateer challenge. But I don’t think 250 guys are included
Kyle978
2/3/2021 7:09am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 7:10am
GoFund my retirement. I’m 30, I’ve put in a lot of long days and it’s time for me to sail off into the sunset. Hopefully on a yacht.

Help me live out my dreams, thanks!

The Shop

GB163
2/3/2021 7:32am
Kyle978 wrote:
GoFund my retirement. I’m 30, I’ve put in a lot of long days and it’s time for me to sail off into the sunset. Hopefully on...
GoFund my retirement. I’m 30, I’ve put in a lot of long days and it’s time for me to sail off into the sunset. Hopefully on a yacht.

Help me live out my dreams, thanks!
maybe go fund isnt the way to do it but they need something. Imagine watching a night show if only 23 guys showed up to the event. Gonna be that way when daddy money kids have a cool new hobby instead of moto. AMA aint payin nothin.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
2/3/2021 7:37am
Why? They're paid to make the night show.

I don't remember the exact figure, but I think its around $575 (+contingency) for making the night show and then about another $300 (+contingency) to make it into the main with more money (minimal) with each position. Why aren't you concerned about paying the people who didn't qualify for the night show?

While I fully agree the pay structure is a joke, it's not our responsibility to pay them, its FELD's.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/3/2021 7:56am
Why? They're paid to make the night show. I don't remember the exact figure, but I think its around $575 (+contingency) for making the night show...
Why? They're paid to make the night show.

I don't remember the exact figure, but I think its around $575 (+contingency) for making the night show and then about another $300 (+contingency) to make it into the main with more money (minimal) with each position. Why aren't you concerned about paying the people who didn't qualify for the night show?

While I fully agree the pay structure is a joke, it's not our responsibility to pay them, its FELD's.
JFC
2/3/2021 9:23am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 9:24am
It’s not up to us.

It’s up To the riders to demand change.

I’m just here to spectate and buy a $10
Beer at the venue.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
2/3/2021 10:09am
So you believe we the fans should pay the difference to every single person who didn't make the main since the AMA made a mistake by now allowing Oldenburg to race the LCQ?

There are no alternates in supercross, only motocross, so 5th wouldn't have been able to race regardless of whether or not Jett pulled out. Since the AMA incorrectly identified Oldenburg's frame number as a different one from tech and didn't allow him to race the LCQ, they did what they thought was best and allowed him to race the main. He was supposed to start second row, but since Jett pulled out, he took his gate.

Do I agree that Oldenburg should have been allowed to race the main without qualifying? No. Would Piazza have been on the line if Oldenburg wasn't? No.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/3/2021 10:34am
Won't anybody think of the 17th through 22nd place riders?
2/3/2021 1:54pm
If you’re 17th in the LCQ with this weak of a field, you don’t deserve anything more than what AMA gives. Get faster and you can make more money, plain and simple.
LungButter
2/3/2021 2:01pm
I would argue they actually helped the privateers...95% chance that if Oldenburg lines up for the LCQ that either Fleming or Camporese doesn't make the main.

What about that?
flap
2/4/2021 3:06am
It's been brought up plenty of times on Pulp and other shows throughout the last few years that plenty of the privateers are perfectly happy with their situation. No one would be against getting more money, obviously, but if your chances of realisticly landing on a major team are slim, it's not a horrible deal at all to road trip and race dirt bikes for a couple of years and manage to make ends meet. When it's time to support a family you switch directions, just like anybody else.

The purse is absolutley not OK, it should be higher. However, like others said above, that is not the fans battle.

A few other ways of supporting your favorite privateer would be, for example, to buy thier t-shirts. If they sell merch. Or check out a guy like Kevin Moranz who offers different "sponsor" packages for fans, including exclusive content, product, signed number plates etc. There are great MX related charities like Road2Recovery with amazing causes. The PulpMX Privateer Challenge is rad, and you even have a chance to win dirt bikes. Buying product from brands that sponsor racing is a great way of keeping companies invested in racing.

Then there are plenty of guys like JT, Tyler Enticknap etc who used their time in racing to build relationships that led to careers after hanging up the ole' boots. It's not all darkness and despair in Pro Moto.
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
2/4/2021 4:08am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2021 4:12am
Pulp does an amazing job barking up this tree.

I’m sure your intentions are good but there’s many people in the sport itself who need it more than a privateer trying to make the night show of Supercross.

Someone whose 10th place in the LCQ isn’t going to get better from all of our hard working money we need for our own dreams and aspirations. Leave it up to FELD.
lestat
2/4/2021 6:11am
If the riders want more money maybe they should show some balls for once and stand up for themselves . If they can never seem to do that in the past 40 yrs , why should I even give a rats ass ?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/4/2021 10:41am
flap wrote:
It's been brought up plenty of times on Pulp and other shows throughout the last few years that plenty of the privateers are perfectly happy with...
It's been brought up plenty of times on Pulp and other shows throughout the last few years that plenty of the privateers are perfectly happy with their situation. No one would be against getting more money, obviously, but if your chances of realisticly landing on a major team are slim, it's not a horrible deal at all to road trip and race dirt bikes for a couple of years and manage to make ends meet. When it's time to support a family you switch directions, just like anybody else.

The purse is absolutley not OK, it should be higher. However, like others said above, that is not the fans battle.

A few other ways of supporting your favorite privateer would be, for example, to buy thier t-shirts. If they sell merch. Or check out a guy like Kevin Moranz who offers different "sponsor" packages for fans, including exclusive content, product, signed number plates etc. There are great MX related charities like Road2Recovery with amazing causes. The PulpMX Privateer Challenge is rad, and you even have a chance to win dirt bikes. Buying product from brands that sponsor racing is a great way of keeping companies invested in racing.

Then there are plenty of guys like JT, Tyler Enticknap etc who used their time in racing to build relationships that led to careers after hanging up the ole' boots. It's not all darkness and despair in Pro Moto.
How do some of these guys make ends meet?

A guy like Alexander Nagy has been racing regularly for 8 years. He's qualified for over 100 night shows, but never made a main event. Nothing against him. But how does he get enough sponsorship money to cover his costs of traveling around the country?
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/4/2021 11:34am
RichieW13 wrote:
How do some of these guys make ends meet? A guy like Alexander Nagy has been racing regularly for 8 years. He's qualified for over 100...
How do some of these guys make ends meet?

A guy like Alexander Nagy has been racing regularly for 8 years. He's qualified for over 100 night shows, but never made a main event. Nothing against him. But how does he get enough sponsorship money to cover his costs of traveling around the country?
In a lot of cases I think the guys have the money before they even got to the pro level. Most people that are racing at a high level come from families that are decently well off
Kyle978
2/4/2021 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2021 3:57pm
soggy wrote:
In a lot of cases I think the guys have the money before they even got to the pro level. Most people that are racing at...
In a lot of cases I think the guys have the money before they even got to the pro level. Most people that are racing at a high level come from families that are decently well off
Edited
LungButter
2/4/2021 2:29pm
Kyle978 wrote:
Edited
Yep, most the time you don't even have the support to make it to "struggling privateer" if Dad & Mom(or someone) doesn't have sizable money to spend on you.

I'm not trying to be a hater, just the way it is. Good for them.

Post a reply to: Go Fund Me Campaign for 250 LCQ 5th - 16th riders?

The Latest