Go Bowling

kkawboy14
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 8:15am
Go Bowling sponsoring a NASCAR race today? Wow they have fallen off the rails!

Hopefully MX never needs to be sponsored by Curling!
|
plowboy
8/5/2018 2:22pm
Disclaimer: this reply is not meant to be political in any way. A lot of the NASCAR supporters and race attendees lost their 20+ dollar an hour jobs back in 2008/2010. If they are back to work at all....it's 8 to 12 bucks an hour. They used to buy Tide and Dr.Pepper....now it's dollar store detergent and Shasta. All those jobs screaming for workers don't pay shit. Forget what the news says...go talk to people.
BMSOBx2
8/5/2018 4:25pm
plowboy wrote:
Disclaimer: this reply is not meant to be political in any way. A lot of the NASCAR supporters and race attendees lost their 20+ dollar an...
Disclaimer: this reply is not meant to be political in any way. A lot of the NASCAR supporters and race attendees lost their 20+ dollar an hour jobs back in 2008/2010. If they are back to work at all....it's 8 to 12 bucks an hour. They used to buy Tide and Dr.Pepper....now it's dollar store detergent and Shasta. All those jobs screaming for workers don't pay shit. Forget what the news says...go talk to people.
+1
kb228
8/5/2018 4:33pm
Im beyond lost
motogrady
8/5/2018 5:55pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Go Bowling sponsoring a NASCAR race today? Wow they have fallen off the rails!

Hopefully MX never needs to be sponsored by Curling!
I dunno guy.
Apparently the bowling powers that be have researched it, and found a lot of NASCAR folk have
at one time or another enjoyed ten pins. Or duck pins. And with a slight reminder of how fun it was, will return and spend money at the local bowling alley.
Isn't that how it works?

The Shop

Taylor415
8/5/2018 6:06pm
Gluing carpet to your testicles doesn’t make you a cantaloupe.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/5/2018 6:09pm
plowboy wrote:
Disclaimer: this reply is not meant to be political in any way. A lot of the NASCAR supporters and race attendees lost their 20+ dollar an...
Maybe if they applied themselves and developed some form of skill besides rolling a burrito or flipping a burger they could earn more than minimum wage. Not sure where you are from but where I’m at there is a major shortage of skilled labor

The economy is soaring. The problem lies in the product

NASCAR has become a generic spec class and it’s losing its hero’s and the original core fans are not around, or in retirement homes. Motorcycle racing will not be far behind once the generation that got it started begins to fade away
Zaugg
8/6/2018 8:20am
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Maybe if they applied themselves and developed some form of skill besides rolling a burrito or flipping a burger they could earn more than minimum wage...
Maybe if they applied themselves and developed some form of skill besides rolling a burrito or flipping a burger they could earn more than minimum wage. Not sure where you are from but where I’m at there is a major shortage of skilled labor

NASCAR has become a generic spec class and it’s losing its hero’s and the original core fans are not around, or in retirement homes. Motorcycle racing will not be far behind once the generation that got it started begins to fade away
I find it quite entertaining when one person tells another person that what he's experienced, he didn't actually experience. (Or once observations supersedes another observation.)

Look outside your own bubble.

As for the claim that the problem lies with the product...if NASCAR has been virtually the same for the past 25 plus years...why then is it's decline been within the past 10? (rough numbers) Could be socio-economic or it could be going around in a circle has lost it's appeal. Hell...it could be their fan base is dying off.

Again...look outside your bubble (or in this case your filtered opinion).

If we're lucky...all those former NASCAR fans are becoming new MX fans.
kb228
8/6/2018 8:23am
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Maybe if they applied themselves and developed some form of skill besides rolling a burrito or flipping a burger they could earn more than minimum wage...

Where im at theres a short of skilled labor but the companies also dont want to pay machinists more than $15/hr. Failure on both ends. Hell most companies wont pay engineers or drafters $20/hr.
Donovan759
8/6/2018 8:51am
The race at Watkins Glen yesterday was sold out. One of the few this year that will. Its obvious NASCAR is dumping itself in the shitter, but as far as "Go Bowling" is concerned, good on them for sponsoring one of the only sold out races this year. Smart move.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/6/2018 8:56am
There's a byob bowling alley around here that hasn't changed since Kennedy was president (except for electronic scoring). Bowling is fun, go bowling!
ricko
8/6/2018 1:28pm
I was at Watkins Glen for the race, obviously go bowling is doing pretty well that they can step up and pay to sponsor it. Place was packed, probably close to 100,000 people there. They put on a solid weekend, racing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I hate to say it but I enjoyed this race (atmosphere and bang for your buck) more than high point this year.
Kenny Lingus
8/6/2018 1:47pm
ricko wrote:
I was at Watkins Glen for the race, obviously go bowling is doing pretty well that they can step up and pay to sponsor it. Place...
I was at Watkins Glen for the race, obviously go bowling is doing pretty well that they can step up and pay to sponsor it. Place was packed, probably close to 100,000 people there. They put on a solid weekend, racing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I hate to say it but I enjoyed this race (atmosphere and bang for your buck) more than high point this year.
Bet you didn't know there used to be a MX track just on the other side of gate 1. Not affiliated with WGI.
pete24
8/6/2018 2:12pm
early wrote:
There's a byob bowling alley around here that hasn't changed since Kennedy was president (except for electronic scoring). Bowling is fun, go bowling!
in the 90s there was a place in Aubrun Ma that was byob, and we would wheel in a keg on a two wheeler , no shit those were fun days, i need to go bowling again
plowboy
8/6/2018 3:50pm
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:

Zaugg wrote:
I find it quite entertaining when one person tells another person that what he's experienced, he didn't actually experience. (Or once observations supersedes another observation.) Look...
I find it quite entertaining when one person tells another person that what he's experienced, he didn't actually experience. (Or once observations supersedes another observation.)

Look outside your own bubble.

As for the claim that the problem lies with the product...if NASCAR has been virtually the same for the past 25 plus years...why then is it's decline been within the past 10? (rough numbers) Could be socio-economic or it could be going around in a circle has lost it's appeal. Hell...it could be their fan base is dying off.

Again...look outside your bubble (or in this case your filtered opinion).

If we're lucky...all those former NASCAR fans are becoming new MX fans.
I like the way you think Zaugg...you remind me of...meWoohoo . I work in the aircraft manufacturing industry here in Wichita KS. Before the crash, there were convoys of busses chartered by the companies, to get workers to KC and Texas for the races. No more. In fact, my company has terminated its NASCAR sponsorship. I'm not saying economics is the ONLY reason for dwindling attendance but it's damn sure a factor for that sports target demographic.
plowboy
8/6/2018 4:10pm
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:

kb228 wrote:
Where im at theres a short of skilled labor but the companies also dont want to pay machinists more than $15/hr. Failure on both ends. Hell...
Where im at theres a short of skilled labor but the companies also dont want to pay machinists more than $15/hr. Failure on both ends. Hell most companies wont pay engineers or drafters $20/hr.
Correct. If companies around here are hiring...it's for half what it was pre 2009. Mostly they hire contractors. No benefits or security. I'm a licensed aircraft mechanic. If I was single or even if it was just me and the wife...I could hook up a travel trailer and make a decent living moving from one contract job to the next. Most folks can't/won't move their kids every 6 weeks - 6 months....can you blame them? I was raised that way and can tell you from a kids perspective...it sucks bad. I have been extremely lucky/blessed that I was able to go direct after 8 years of contracting. I know I'm old and times have changed but ill be honest...I miss the days when being a good productive employee was all but a guarantee of a job for life. Back on topic...MX needs some new outside sponsorship to survive/grow. I reckon SX has picked up a bunch of former NASCAR fans so they're ok.Wink
plowboy
8/6/2018 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 5:09pm
bvm111 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/06/279180/s1200_90FD1343_58A2_4C95_89C0_C80759881B57.jpg[/img]

When I get home, I'm gonna slap your momma, cause there no way you came from my loins.
kijen
8/6/2018 5:29pm
Economy ? I agree it has to do w in the the product and demographics, nascar has lost some of its appeal with big names retiring, safety...yep, be honest people liked to see crashes.

In 20 years as the baby boomers die off, who you gonna blame when mx loses its fan base.

People are making enough to buy shoes and sports drinks for stick and ball athletes to make more in a year then most will make in a lifetime.

It not about $15 an hour jobs, it's what we spend our money on. Remember capitalism? Supply and demand, simple right?
plowboy
8/6/2018 5:48pm
kijen wrote:
Economy ? I agree it has to do w in the the product and demographics, nascar has lost some of its appeal with big names retiring...
Economy ? I agree it has to do w in the the product and demographics, nascar has lost some of its appeal with big names retiring, safety...yep, be honest people liked to see crashes.

In 20 years as the baby boomers die off, who you gonna blame when mx loses its fan base.

People are making enough to buy shoes and sports drinks for stick and ball athletes to make more in a year then most will make in a lifetime.

It not about $15 an hour jobs, it's what we spend our money on. Remember capitalism? Supply and demand, simple right?
Your last paragraph says it all. When momma says, "These kids need new school clothes"....that means your 15 dollar an hour job don't include a 500 dollar NASCAR weekend like it did when you made 30 bucks an hour. Not supply/demand...priorities.
8/6/2018 5:53pm
plowboy wrote:
Bro. Don’t be hatin on mother fuckers for downsizing from a 150,000 home mortgage to a trailer so they can still go race at roaring knob on Friday night. They still way happier than most millionaires. Even makin $12 an hour. After all they’re still racin.
plowboy
8/6/2018 6:00pm
plowboy wrote:
Bro. Don’t be hatin on mother fuckers for downsizing from a 150,000 home mortgage to a trailer so they can still go race at roaring knob...
Bro. Don’t be hatin on mother fuckers for downsizing from a 150,000 home mortgage to a trailer so they can still go race at roaring knob on Friday night. They still way happier than most millionaires. Even makin $12 an hour. After all they’re still racin.
Lol...nope. They ain't doing shit but surviving....maybe, on 12 bucks an hour. UNLESS, they are living with mom and dad for free. Oh wait, do I detect sarcasm?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/6/2018 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 6:25pm
kijen wrote:
Economy ? I agree it has to do w in the the product and demographics, nascar has lost some of its appeal with big names retiring...

plowboy wrote:
Your last paragraph says it all. When momma says, "These kids need new school clothes"....that means your 15 dollar an hour job don't include a 500...
Your last paragraph says it all. When momma says, "These kids need new school clothes"....that means your 15 dollar an hour job don't include a 500 dollar NASCAR weekend like it did when you made 30 bucks an hour. Not supply/demand...priorities.
Plowboy I see where you’re coming from on this but I really don’t think it’s the economy. If there was a poll on former fans I highly doubt $$ would be on the list of why they are no longer n the stands. Look at major sports attendance and the sold out stadiums. MLB, NFL, NBA and even college sports. All of these are thriving and cost every bit as much and more than it does to attend a NASCAR race

The last one I went to we travelled 4,000 miles round trip. San Diego to Talledega. Probably the last one I’ll ever spend money on. Not because I have to spend $$$ to make it happen, it’s the product. NASCAR had a great run and now it’s dwindling in popularity so they are tweaking it to find the cure. Look for SX to do the same thing when my generation are no longer around and the kids we introduced it to begin losing interest

Maybe I’m living in a “bubble” in So Cal but I do have family/friends all around the country who are all blue collar workers and I know every one of them still goes out for entertainment.

Anyway...who gives a shit who sponsors what. Any sponsorship $$$ is a good thing
plowboy
8/6/2018 6:33pm
kijen wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Your last paragraph says it all. When momma says, "These kids need new school clothes"....that means your 15 dollar an hour job don't include a 500...
KennyT wrote:
Plowboy I see where you’re coming from on this but I really don’t think it’s the economy. If there was a poll on former fans I...
Plowboy I see where you’re coming from on this but I really don’t think it’s the economy. If there was a poll on former fans I highly doubt $$ would be on the list of why they are no longer n the stands. Look at major sports attendance and the sold out stadiums. MLB, NFL, NBA and even college sports. All of these are thriving and cost every bit as much and more than it does to attend a NASCAR race

The last one I went to we travelled 4,000 miles round trip. San Diego to Talledega. Probably the last one I’ll ever spend money on. Not because I have to spend $$$ to make it happen, it’s the product. NASCAR had a great run and now it’s dwindling in popularity so they are tweaking it to find the cure. Look for SX to do the same thing when my generation are no longer around and the kids we introduced it to begin losing interest

Maybe I’m living in a “bubble” in So Cal but I do have family/friends all around the country who are all blue collar workers and I know every one of them still goes out for entertainment.

Anyway...who gives a shit who sponsors what. Any sponsorship $$$ is a good thing
You aren't wrong but don't forget the demographic that put asses in NASCAR seats. Hillbillies, with 30 dollar an hour jobs at the local factory. That job is gone now. I'm not saying ALL fans but just like SX...how many CORE fans are there? Mostly folks that want a seat to drink beer and watch for crashes. Joe Bob now has a decision to make...go watch NASCAR or pay the rent. Sad truth is a lot will choose the race. I quit following the races when it became cookie cutter bodies/motors. Screw that. Just like the factory rule in moto (which kinda made sense so the privateer had a chance). But NASCAR should be no holds barred, company engineering vs company engineering....or not...I'm over it.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/6/2018 6:42pm
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Plowboy I see where you’re coming from on this but I really don’t think it’s the economy. If there was a poll on former fans I...

plowboy wrote:
You aren't wrong but don't forget the demographic that put asses in NASCAR seats. Hillbillies, with 30 dollar an hour jobs at the local factory. That...
You aren't wrong but don't forget the demographic that put asses in NASCAR seats. Hillbillies, with 30 dollar an hour jobs at the local factory. That job is gone now. I'm not saying ALL fans but just like SX...how many CORE fans are there? Mostly folks that want a seat to drink beer and watch for crashes. Joe Bob now has a decision to make...go watch NASCAR or pay the rent. Sad truth is a lot will choose the race. I quit following the races when it became cookie cutter bodies/motors. Screw that. Just like the factory rule in moto (which kinda made sense so the privateer had a chance). But NASCAR should be no holds barred, company engineering vs company engineering....or not...I'm over it.
When we went to Talledega it was the first one we had been to in prob 20 years.
I still follow it on TV but it’s not worth spending money on in person. The highlight of the weekend was catching a glimpse of Danica’s tight ass, and now she’s gone?

Post a reply to: Go Bowling

The Latest