Glendale Supercross

Keith72
Thinking about making the trip from Nebraska. Does anyone know if the pits will be open to the spectators? Went to Minneapolis this year and was disappointed because the pits were closed.
|
Keith72
9/18/2018 4:14pm
Thanks! Getting out of Nebraska in January is always a good thing. Are the pits outdoors?
BroFoSho
9/18/2018 4:37pm
Keith72 wrote:
Thanks! Getting out of Nebraska in January is always a good thing. Are the pits outdoors?
Yeah, they are outdoors. It'll be around 70 for a high and 50 for a low

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
9/18/2018 5:59pm
C'mon out this January. You will love it. Great experience and venue for racing SX.
9/18/2018 6:04pm
I live in Portland OR and travel to Phoenix every year for SX. It’s awesome. Great weather that time of year and generally the track is always badass. Last year was one of the best tracks of the year. The pits are great too. I won a free set of Dunlop’s in the pits last year.

I could make the short trip to Seattle, but the people who make the schedules must not be aware of the weather patterns in the Northwest during March. A quick google search will tell you that it is NOT ideal for a supercross race... rant over LOL.
Tonynz
9/18/2018 6:23pm
We have stayed at Hampton Inn, walking distance to track. Lots to nice restaurants close by as well.
9/18/2018 6:25pm
I know we won't have to worry about it this year with the way the cardinals are playing, but what was their plan if, by some miracle, the cardinals made the playoffs and had a home game that weekend?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
9/18/2018 6:41pm
I know we won't have to worry about it this year with the way the cardinals are playing, but what was their plan if, by some...
I know we won't have to worry about it this year with the way the cardinals are playing, but what was their plan if, by some miracle, the cardinals made the playoffs and had a home game that weekend?
I 90% sincerely think they waited to see how the potential for football to be played in Glendale that weekend and saw the Rams/Cardinals game and said, Cards Suck, Rams are really good, let's book it for SX. The arena would have had to approve of the race being there in order to get it on the schedule, so somebody within the Glendale arena thinks there's no way Cards go that far. It couldn't have been just a SX issue.

By the way, Steve Keim GM of the Cardinals is a big MX/SX fan, he grew up riding and racing. Little tidbit of trivia.
Keith72
9/18/2018 6:56pm
Tonynz wrote:
We have stayed at Hampton Inn, walking distance to track. Lots to nice restaurants close by as well.
Thanks for the heads up. Wife just booked a room at the Home 2 Suites Hilton across the street from the Stadium.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/18/2018 7:57pm
Keith72 wrote:
Pits are huge and easy to move around in Phoenix. They specifically moved a few years ago from the baseball stadium downtown to the football stadium in Glendale because the pits were too cramped downtown.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
9/18/2018 9:12pm
I know we won't have to worry about it this year with the way the cardinals are playing, but what was their plan if, by some...
After further thought, the only thing I can think of is they thought that in the very remote chance that the Cardinals can find some way to make the playoffs and even to the second round (even more remote), the chances of it being a home game are even more further remote. And if that happened, maybe the game could be played on Sunday and Saturday night after the races they would remove all the dirt on the track (in one night...) then roll in the grass field into the stadium in time for the game. Sounds pretty far fetched, but it's the only thing I can figure out. Dirt works would be under some serious pressure to get all the dirt out in ~12-14 hours. Still pretty funny though.
Alex814
9/18/2018 9:27pm
TbonesPop wrote:
After further thought, the only thing I can think of is they thought that in the very remote chance that the Cardinals can find some way...
After further thought, the only thing I can think of is they thought that in the very remote chance that the Cardinals can find some way to make the playoffs and even to the second round (even more remote), the chances of it being a home game are even more further remote. And if that happened, maybe the game could be played on Sunday and Saturday night after the races they would remove all the dirt on the track (in one night...) then roll in the grass field into the stadium in time for the game. Sounds pretty far fetched, but it's the only thing I can figure out. Dirt works would be under some serious pressure to get all the dirt out in ~12-14 hours. Still pretty funny though.
It would be rescheduled to the off weekend; remember we also had Houston for round 2 this year and the football playoffs question came up.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
9/18/2018 9:51pm
Tonynz wrote:
Keith72 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Wife just booked a room at the Home 2 Suites Hilton across the street from the Stadium.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it man, I used to live in those apartments across from the stadium. There’s an entertainment district called Westgate that has bars, restaurants, theaters, bowling, etc. that is right by the hotel. I got pit passes last January and didn’t get a chance to use them, but maybe next year we’ll see ya in the pits Cool
MotoCoUSA
9/19/2018 11:23am
Been to quite a few races and Glendale is great, track is usually awesome, the entertainment around the stadium is great. Friday night before the race 2 years ago we were at one of the restaurants and Deano was having a punching bag competition with a few of the other riders in there (it was entertaining to say the least). Anyways, cool place to go see a race and the weather is perfect.
diz330
9/19/2018 12:54pm
My parents spend the winter in Arizona on their RV (from Canada) I flew down last year to go to the race and see them. It was great!! Awesome pit setup. Was impressed at the stadium as well.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/19/2018 8:38pm
Tracks are usually really good... That rhythm section last year was crazy.
Keith72
12/22/2018 6:18pm
Does anyone know of any meet and greet/autograph parties friday night before the race?
BobbyM
12/23/2018 12:13am
Lay off the dope, dope.
12/23/2018 8:16pm
Glendale is definitely a race worth going to. Very beautiful stadium, good food, and amazing pit set up. However there is a clear bag policy and the security people are such jerks about it even if you are a media person with a camera bag and press pass. No way in hell the Cardinals are making the playoffs. Also have to mention that a Top Golf was recently built right across the highway from the stadiumSmile
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
12/29/2018 1:27pm
Glendale is always fun. Look for seats in section 208 or 210. Also AEO Powersports in Mesa will be having a Husky team signing the night before. The Hampton Inn is across the parking lot from the stadium and there are a lot of places to eat at west gate, the mall next to the stadium.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
12/29/2018 2:42pm
Making the trip down from Canada this year. What time can you get in with general admission? I like to take in as much as possible - cruise the pits and watch practice. I don’t care much for autographs and that stuff, mostly just like wandering the pits and taking it in.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
12/29/2018 2:46pm
I'm pretty sure you can get in as early as 10am with the obligatory monster can and ticket.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
12/29/2018 4:20pm
Mr. Ted wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can get in as early as 10am with the obligatory monster can and ticket.
Cool, good to know. Thanks
500guy
12/29/2018 5:21pm
Mr. Ted wrote:
unless it has changed it's normally 12:30 or 1 before they let people in the pits with the monster can

Post a reply to: Glendale Supercross

The Latest