Glen Helen booters.....DC?

MotoX85
5/28/2018 5:49pm
slipdog wrote:
WUT... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/22/263465/s1200_Screenshot_2018_05_22_at_9.12.39_AM.jpg[/img] To add, I have proven time and again on more than one dyno that the actual numbers always fall short of what's advertised in...
WUT...

To add, I have proven time and again on more than one dyno that the actual numbers always fall short of what's advertised in the magazines. Not that I really care, but the 55hp # made my eyes bug out.
MotoX85 wrote:
I'm sorry that you are miss informed and are not quite is up to speed on what a motor builder can get out of a 250...
I'm sorry that you are miss informed and are not quite is up to speed on what a motor builder can get out of a 250 four stroke, but rest assured, 55 hp from a 250f is an easy number to achieve, let alone what the factories can get.

Need to do a little research before you post. It's like that old saying about "removing all doubt" It might help you out in the future. There is plenty of info out there to help you learn what is capable these days in the 250 class. And I dont think they run a pro stock class.
ML512 wrote:
Hmmm, I've been around Geico's race shop enough to know 55HP hasn't ever come out of their 250s...and not close either... KTM's shop dyno as well...
Hmmm, I've been around Geico's race shop enough to know 55HP hasn't ever come out of their 250s...and not close either...

KTM's shop dyno as well...

Who ever's dyno your referencing is reading some fairly high numbers...
You already owe me 2 Pepsis, I'd be happy with a 3rd.

Not sure they are gonna tell you their numbers, even an insider like yourself, but rest assured, these factory support teams are well in that range.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/28/2018 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 6:03pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I'm sorry that you are miss informed and are not quite is up to speed on what a motor builder can get out of a 250...
I'm sorry that you are miss informed and are not quite is up to speed on what a motor builder can get out of a 250 four stroke, but rest assured, 55 hp from a 250f is an easy number to achieve, let alone what the factories can get.

Need to do a little research before you post. It's like that old saying about "removing all doubt" It might help you out in the future. There is plenty of info out there to help you learn what is capable these days in the 250 class. And I dont think they run a pro stock class.
ML512 wrote:
Hmmm, I've been around Geico's race shop enough to know 55HP hasn't ever come out of their 250s...and not close either... KTM's shop dyno as well...
Hmmm, I've been around Geico's race shop enough to know 55HP hasn't ever come out of their 250s...and not close either...

MotoX85 wrote:
You already owe me 2 Pepsis, I'd be happy with a 3rd. Not sure they are gonna tell you their numbers, even an insider like yourself...

Not sure they are gonna tell you their numbers, even an insider like yourself, but rest assured, these factory support teams are well in that range.
They don't have to tell me when I've watched the numbers myself...

55HP would be nearly a 20HP gain or 58% gain on that dyno.
slipdog
5/28/2018 7:17pm
ML512 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:
You already owe me 2 Pepsis, I'd be happy with a 3rd. Not sure they are gonna tell you their numbers, even an insider like yourself...

ML512 wrote:

I'm afraid you must be misinformed. My buddies friend works with a guy that is dating the chick that cut's Mitch's hair and she overheard him on the phone talking about AC's 250f. He said 55hp all day, it's true!
TeamGreen
5/28/2018 8:29pm
MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

slipdog wrote:
I'm afraid you must be misinformed. My buddies friend works with a guy that is dating the chick that cut's Mitch's hair and she overheard him...
I'm afraid you must be misinformed. My buddies friend works with a guy that is dating the chick that cut's Mitch's hair and she overheard him on the phone talking about AC's 250f. He said 55hp all day, it's true!
Is that on pump,gas?

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/28/2018 8:46pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Is that on pump,gas?
E85, bro.
kkawboy14
5/29/2018 7:08am
They need jumps on tracks that the 250s can’t do, but the 450s can do!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/29/2018 7:19am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Really the only way that happens anymore is with something right out of a corner that has a steep enough/long enough face that the 450s can accelerate up it but 250s can't...kinda like Larocco's leap.
kkawboy14
5/29/2018 7:20am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2018 7:28am
kkawboy14 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Really the only way that happens anymore is with something right out of a corner that has a steep enough/long enough face that the 450s can...
Really the only way that happens anymore is with something right out of a corner that has a steep enough/long enough face that the 450s can accelerate up it but 250s can't...kinda like Larocco's leap.
Agreed! To me that’s the only track change I see that needs to be changed by all the tracks, even sx. But that’s what’s missing in their show. Spectators need to see an obvious difference in the 2 classes.

But as I stated in the other thread, the real fix that needs to happen in moto is that the 250 should be reduced to a 200. That would make the difference in the 2 classes.
BroFoSho
5/29/2018 1:25pm
MotoX85 wrote:

These factory support teams aren't going to tell you this, but they can very well get to 70hp from a 250 two-stroke.

That's like DOUBLE the power of a stock 250f!!!!
kkawboy14
5/29/2018 2:47pm
MotoX85 wrote:

BroFoSho wrote:
These factory support teams aren't going to tell you this, but they can very well get to 70hp from a 250 two-stroke. That's like DOUBLE the...
These factory support teams aren't going to tell you this, but they can very well get to 70hp from a 250 two-stroke.

That's like DOUBLE the power of a stock 250f!!!!
The only way that could be pulled off wouldn’t allow them to pass the sound testing.....

Post a reply to: Glen Helen booters.....DC?

The Latest