Glen Helen Track Updates?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2018 5:54 PM

Was there any type of "Press Day" today at Glen Helen? Just curious after all the ranting (no raving haha) about the massive jumps, what it looked like before and after riders were on the track? Photos anyone?

|

5/24/2018 5:59 PM

I believe press day is tomorrow.

|

5/24/2018 6:05 PM

I heard there’s a triple to quad to triple that launches them all the way up to Lake Arrowhead.
I heard Baggett mauled it...all the way to the Top, BRO!
In 2nd gear.
TWICE.
In one lap.

Heard it from Matthes.
So, you know it’s true.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

5/24/2018 6:40 PM

hopefully . so dumb and dangerous.. fix ironman while your at it.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/24/2018 7:11 PM

Photo
|

5/24/2018 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2018 8:08 PM

By the looks of the Animated track map that is 1 jump

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

5/24/2018 7:38 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

only in 12th gear pinned with the purple power band installed.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

5/24/2018 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2018 8:14 PM

As Mr. Info mentioned Photo on an earlier thread, there's been tweaks here and there all week long. I think it's turning out to be an excellent track and the riders' concerns were certainly addressed by Jody, Brian and Karl and the gang. They had Sean Lipanovich and Brian Medeiros come and do a couple of those bigger hits and then used the feedback to make some neat changes. The big jump at the bottom is there for sure, with a very mellow and big landing. The guys are probably going to want that for a brief rest! Glen Helen is going to be a man's track, as always.

More tweaks likely tomorrow after press day ride and rider feedback but it's a really good design this year and I think it's going to be rough, challenging and fun.

DC
Racer X

|

5/24/2018 8:20 PM

Stoked

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

5/24/2018 8:42 PM

Glad to see you all working together. Thanks for the update DC

|

5/24/2018 8:46 PM

It's gonna be a thrill to watch the motorbike drivers leap their motorbikes off those dirt ramps into the air!

|

5/24/2018 9:25 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

It's gonna be a thrill to watch the motorbike drivers leap their motorbikes off those dirt ramps into the air!

Very awesome thrills to be had

|

5/24/2018 9:25 PM

I dont see any issue with some big booters. biggest issue is the safety of the jump. If its 60 ft and the landing pad is only 5ft with cliffs on each side, that would be dangerous. but a 100ft-150ft with a large landing pad and a possible way out...then its safe. (much like the fly 150 had)

also something to consider is how rough that track will get. On something like this i hope Jody has a tractor go between motos to smooth them out. a bunch of nasty braking bumps and ruts would make these sketchy.

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

5/24/2018 10:05 PM

?

|

5/24/2018 10:17 PM

I just can’t imagine hitting that shit in 22nd place, but, I’m a squirrel, and 30. 10 years ago, I’d be smiling.

|

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

5/24/2018 11:23 PM

Agree with the riders. That jump is not safe. Snap a chain, bike stalls or whatever and you are dead.

Is this x-games or Motocross?

|

5/25/2018 12:05 AM

OR Racer46 wrote:

hartebreak wrote:

only in 12th gear pinned with the purple power band installed.

And ecu “Showtime Booter” software update installed

|

5/25/2018 3:18 AM

DC is the man as always!

|

5/25/2018 5:35 AM

I believe the concern amongst many riders was the shear speed required for some of these. I remember Trey Canard talking about when they had that yuuuuge triple a few years back, guys were doing 65+ to hit it. One little thing goes wrong, it's going to end poorly.

Kudos to Glen Helen and MX Sports for listening to rider feedback and providing options for safety.

|

5/25/2018 7:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2018 8:00 AM

aees wrote:

Agree with the riders. That jump is not safe. Snap a chain, bike stalls or whatever and you are dead.

Is this x-games or ...more

A motocross track built for all the “what if’s” that can happen wouldn’t be very appealing to anyone.

Great job DC and crew for allowing the riders to collaboratively provide input! Win-win for everyone!

Will be there tomorrow enjoying the show.

|

5/25/2018 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2018 8:33 AM

So nothing really changed? Unless I'm looking at the wrong pictures it looks the same. Which, by the way, looks pretty impressive! I don't think they really addressed the riders' concerns, though.

Did they take out the double after the step-up?

|

5/25/2018 8:14 AM

That looks much better with the revised landing. This old man wouldn't hit it, but those young pros should be fine.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/25/2018 8:31 AM

Jump is much safer with that landing, the riders will actually have time to take a breath and relax for a minute. At hangtown there wasn't any places to sort of take a break, looked tough.

|

5/25/2018 1:14 PM

TD248 wrote: Photo

that top one is completely blind. I hope it's a roller

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

5/25/2018 1:45 PM

More tweaks likely tomorrow after press day ride and rider feedback but it's a really good design this year and I think it's going to be rough, challenging and fun.

DC
Racer X

This quote above reminds me of an ex girl friend. Carry on..... Sorry.

|

5/25/2018 2:02 PM

enketchum wrote:

This section appears to have been tweaked a little from last weekend. I'm not a fan of blind jumps but the pros don't seem to have much problem with them. For the life of me I don't know how these guys carry around balls big enough to commit to Godzilla at Iron Man.... up or down. It's a total skyshot into the unknown.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/25/2018 3:10 PM

enketchum wrote:

That's what flaggers are for.

|

5/25/2018 3:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2018 3:19 PM

Quad.

A post shared by Kevin Moranz (@moranz346) on

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/25/2018 3:19 PM

Onstacles

|

5/25/2018 3:29 PM

enketchum wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

That's what flaggers are for.

Lol....another topic that's always debated. Put an experienced person in this position. Too risky a spot for a novice. I've flagged a race or two. Paying attention is a big part of it but conveying the safe line is just as important. Running over a bike/rider at reduced speed is only slightly better than full speed.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius