Glen Helen Stadiumcross

hubbardmx50
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 8:44am
Why are these getting such low turnouts? I've raced two of them so far and thought they were a blast. The track isn't extremely challenging but still very safe and fun. Rolled out there today before checking Instagram only to find out tonight's round had been canceled. They let us practice as long as we wanted and the track was still groomed and watered so it was still fun. Really wish some sponsors would get involved and promote it. Just a thought!
|
6/30/2018 6:56pm
For as much as California is the "mecca of moto" in the US... the actual scene seems much different than here on the east coast. Milestone might be slam packed on practice days, yet the Nationals weren't even getting full gates like the east coast rounds are. Daniel Blair even commented on this recently... about how at most local races there's only a couple dudes lining up in A class..
mxr1der34
6/30/2018 7:05pm
Didn't even know they had these. I'll have to sign up for the next one, looks fun.
hubbardmx50
6/30/2018 7:08pm
mxr1der34 wrote:
Didn't even know they had these. I'll have to sign up for the next one, looks fun.

hubbardmx50
6/30/2018 7:12pm
For as much as California is the "mecca of moto" in the US... the actual scene seems much different than here on the east coast. Milestone...
For as much as California is the "mecca of moto" in the US... the actual scene seems much different than here on the east coast. Milestone might be slam packed on practice days, yet the Nationals weren't even getting full gates like the east coast rounds are. Daniel Blair even commented on this recently... about how at most local races there's only a couple dudes lining up in A class..
My Dad and I were talking about that on the way to the track today. Racing is essentially dead out here for some reason. Back in 2012, every series (Transworld, Gold Cup etc) and every class had full gates; now I check the results online to see three people signed up for 450 Novice.

The Shop

DL
6/30/2018 7:27pm
I was at Milestone today to watch my friend’s daughter race her PW50 in a race series Tony Alessi is putting on. 50/65/85 only. It was well attended with lots of kids racing. The problem in So Cal for amateur racing is there are to many promoters competing with each other. Barely any of the racing is AMA sanctioned here nor is there any dominant sanctioning body.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
6/30/2018 7:51pm
DL wrote:
I was at Milestone today to watch my friend’s daughter race her PW50 in a race series Tony Alessi is putting on. 50/65/85 only. It was...
I was at Milestone today to watch my friend’s daughter race her PW50 in a race series Tony Alessi is putting on. 50/65/85 only. It was well attended with lots of kids racing. The problem in So Cal for amateur racing is there are to many promoters competing with each other. Barely any of the racing is AMA sanctioned here nor is there any dominant sanctioning body.
This.

Although the Transworld race series swallowed most of the other large promoted series (CMC, Gold Cup, etc.) and are now the biggest local series in So Cal.
dirtmike86
6/30/2018 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2018 9:30pm
I never even knew about this. Ill be at the next one.
DL
6/30/2018 10:03pm
DL wrote:
I was at Milestone today to watch my friend’s daughter race her PW50 in a race series Tony Alessi is putting on. 50/65/85 only. It was...
This. Although the Transworld race series swallowed most of the other large promoted series (CMC, Gold Cup, etc.) and are now the biggest local series in...
This.

Although the Transworld race series swallowed most of the other large promoted series (CMC, Gold Cup, etc.) and are now the biggest local series in So Cal.
Kirk, for the record you guys ran a great program. The prep, track designs and ROCKS are ruining Pala. Miss you!
6/30/2018 10:10pm
DL wrote:
This. Although the Transworld race series swallowed most of the other large promoted series (CMC, Gold Cup, etc.) and are now the biggest local series in...
This.

DL wrote:
Kirk, for the record you guys ran a great program. The prep, track designs and ROCKS are ruining Pala. Miss you!
AME minicross has been great although I checked out Glen Helens sign up link to see what classes they had and the stafiumcross link went to sign up for the UTV Race. So if the links don’t work no wonder pre entries were down.

enketchum
7/1/2018 3:12am
Who the hell wants to race at Glen Helen from 2-4pm in June???

That's a hell no from me
mxr1der34
7/1/2018 5:43am
enketchum wrote:

That's a hell no from me
Racing starts at 6 according to the flyer.
hubbardmx50
7/1/2018 9:51am
enketchum wrote:

That's a hell no from me
Gates open at 2, practice starts at 4. By the time the racing starts it's cooling down.
Jeff alessi
7/1/2018 11:21am
DL wrote:
Good seeing you there yesterday don!! For the 50/65/85 we are doing everything we can to develope the racers while keeping things safe and fun for the riders and parents. What needs to happen is racers need a place they can trust for great racing and that everything is consistent and ran the correct way. Little things are so important to racers and racers know that best. Hope you and Blake had a good time at our races last night!!
MX Culture
7/1/2018 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 7:05pm
I raced the Glen Helen stadium races in the early 90’s. Who remembers those? So much fun! But here one year and gone the next. Never did understand that.
7/1/2018 8:31pm
The Transworld series hasnt let me down so far. My classes usually have at least 5-8 and they let us (the squids) all race on the vet track.
dirtmike86
7/1/2018 9:24pm
I put out the word. Hopefully i can get atleast 4 guys signed up for the 14th race.
mxr1der34
7/2/2018 12:52am
Tried signing up for the next one but like 109 mentioned, it sends you to the UTV signups
hubbardmx50
7/2/2018 7:38am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2018 7:40am
mxr1der34 wrote:
Tried signing up for the next one but like 109 mentioned, it sends you to the UTV signups
They don’t post the pre register link until the week of the race.
hubbardmx50
7/2/2018 7:39am
I can’t make the 14th but hopefully I’ll see you guys the following round August 11th.
Stuntman949
7/2/2018 8:03am
I feel I owe it to the Bud, Lori and Mr Info to give it a go. Who can complain about night racing in summer?
7/2/2018 8:19am
Why the low turnout? I'll add my 2 cents. I think people are getting sick of paying more to race a small local series race vs an open practice day.

Price vs ride time. Most places are 10$ gate fee per person (my gf usually comes with me so 20$) + 35$ for first class and 15$ for each additional class, vs an open practice day is just 30$ per rider. On race days you literally sit at the track all day just to get one 10min practice session and two 6 lap motos. Thats basically like 30 minutes of total riding time on a race day, vs open practice days you get as much ride time as you want.as you want (for me usually 2-2.5 hr).

Yes, the racing atmosphere is quite different than an open practice day, and you get a different experience. But if it weren't for me recruiting a bunch of buddies and spreading the word, the Pala Summer series last weekend would have had a handful less riders.

I understand that running these races takes a lot of time, dedication, resources, etc and i do appreciate it. However, something has to change. Force pre-entry so that you can plan classes ahead and then space the motos for a class out closer (maybe an hour between moto 1 and moto 2), so that people dont wait around all day. Run vet guys in the morning and minis in the afternoon.
ob
7/2/2018 8:46am
^^^^^^^^^tru dat
enketchum
7/2/2018 11:45am
Why the low turnout? I'll add my 2 cents. I think people are getting sick of paying more to race a small local series race vs...
Why the low turnout? I'll add my 2 cents. I think people are getting sick of paying more to race a small local series race vs an open practice day.

Price vs ride time. Most places are 10$ gate fee per person (my gf usually comes with me so 20$) + 35$ for first class and 15$ for each additional class, vs an open practice day is just 30$ per rider. On race days you literally sit at the track all day just to get one 10min practice session and two 6 lap motos. Thats basically like 30 minutes of total riding time on a race day, vs open practice days you get as much ride time as you want.as you want (for me usually 2-2.5 hr).

Yes, the racing atmosphere is quite different than an open practice day, and you get a different experience. But if it weren't for me recruiting a bunch of buddies and spreading the word, the Pala Summer series last weekend would have had a handful less riders.

I understand that running these races takes a lot of time, dedication, resources, etc and i do appreciate it. However, something has to change. Force pre-entry so that you can plan classes ahead and then space the motos for a class out closer (maybe an hour between moto 1 and moto 2), so that people dont wait around all day. Run vet guys in the morning and minis in the afternoon.
your problems are now solved

http://sragp.com/about-sra/
Stuntman949
7/3/2018 7:53am
Why the low turnout? I'll add my 2 cents. I think people are getting sick of paying more to race a small local series race vs...

enketchum wrote:
your problems are now solved

http://sragp.com/about-sra/
Do yourself a favor and go to next years SRA banquet. I'll buy the beers
enketchum
7/3/2018 8:44am
Do yourself a favor and go to next years SRA banquet. I'll buy the beers
I haven't raced SRA since I lost my health insurance in college. We were friends with Don for a long, long time.

I won a crap load of stuff from the raffles at those end of year banquets.

Post a reply to: Glen Helen Stadiumcross

The Latest