Glen Helen MXoN

Mr. Info
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2018 5:40pm
Some might not like this but I must say this and its only my opinion. First off I wish nothing but the best for Red Bud and hope the weather and crowd is everything they hope for because its a tough task to make a go of these races. With the help of MX Sports they should have a good crew.
But here's the facts I look at. Southern California is logistically a better location for the race. The attractions that are around Southern California offer more for the overseas traveler and those from around the other states plus Las Vegas is not that far away.
The factories are all based here in Southern California and the cost of team travel their trucks and staff is cheaper and direct flights to LA is cheaper than a stop in the middle of the US.
Now I am sorry I sound biased but I also know the politics of the event as well so the odds were not in our favor but that's not my area.
Again I hope its the best one in the US in years and maybe before I die they just might have one at Glen Helen when its least expected. Again just my opinion so no need to get upset. Any and all who go have a great time and I wish I could be there but I will be holding the fort down. Enjoy.
|
10/4/2018 6:21pm
And you don’t need to gamble on October weather in Canada, I mean Michigan
tempura
10/4/2018 6:36pm
Didn’t Glen Helen get the opportunity a couple of years ago, but with the poor attendance at the USGP it was cancelled?

The Shop

jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
10/4/2018 6:37pm
109 wrote:
Hey, I see what you did there!
Ewan49
10/4/2018 6:37pm
Mr Info, yes I'm an Aussie. Yes I have been to America...lots! All over America! Yes I love Southern California for a few reasons. But Mr Info you need to be reminded of one thing...Southern California and Glen Helen isn't the be all and end all of American MX!!!
I know Glen Helen is your middle name but this is just my opinion so no need to get upset!
Enjoy holding the fort down whilst the rest of the WORLD celebrates and enjoys the biggest race in the world in RED BUUUUUUUUUUDDD!!!
Mr. Info
10/4/2018 6:39pm
I have never been. Wanted to go very badly but could not. See I look at it through the money side of things because I have a close idea what things cost. Not saying I know all the cost cause I don't but the majority of the track cost I do. Like I said its not about what Red Bud does not have its about what SoCal does. From the money side of things. You don't have to like my opinion and if you don't I am sorry. That's it and nothing more on this from me. You all enjoy and I will be watching the races and hope our guys do well.
10/4/2018 6:43pm
tempura wrote:
Didn’t Glen Helen get the opportunity a couple of years ago, but with the poor attendance at the USGP it was cancelled?
Yes and Yes. Last year's MXoN, in fact.
JWACK
10/4/2018 6:45pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Some might not like this but I must say this and its only my opinion. First off I wish nothing but the best for Red Bud...
Some might not like this but I must say this and its only my opinion. First off I wish nothing but the best for Red Bud and hope the weather and crowd is everything they hope for because its a tough task to make a go of these races. With the help of MX Sports they should have a good crew.
But here's the facts I look at. Southern California is logistically a better location for the race. The attractions that are around Southern California offer more for the overseas traveler and those from around the other states plus Las Vegas is not that far away.
The factories are all based here in Southern California and the cost of team travel their trucks and staff is cheaper and direct flights to LA is cheaper than a stop in the middle of the US.
Now I am sorry I sound biased but I also know the politics of the event as well so the odds were not in our favor but that's not my area.
Again I hope its the best one in the US in years and maybe before I die they just might have one at Glen Helen when its least expected. Again just my opinion so no need to get upset. Any and all who go have a great time and I wish I could be there but I will be holding the fort down. Enjoy.
And by that logic you probably think each and every round of the motocross nationals should be at Glen Helen as well.
10/4/2018 6:45pm
109 wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
Hey, I see what you did there!
It’s like having MXoN in England in October. Anyways, I fly into Chicago tomorrow and I’m bringing a poncho!
yak651
Fantasy
214th
10/4/2018 6:46pm
What does being close to Las vegas have to do with anything? Glen Helen has been mentioned multiple times for MXoN and always seem to fall thru. Is that due to the greedy Italian guy or Bud or something else who knows (maybe Mr Info does), but think it's a positive it's going to be in the US this year at an epic track.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/4/2018 6:49pm
"The attractions that are around Southern California offer more for the overseas traveler..."

People go to the MXdN to experience the biggest race of the year, the camping, the interaction with people of different culture's from all over the world, etc. Most couldn't care less of what's being offered in the surrounding areas.
ctbale
10/4/2018 6:52pm
I am curious why it was not held at GH? Not that I care one way or another. (unless its a mudder, that would really suck)
gnarwhip
10/4/2018 7:02pm
Most east coast people are all scurred of the tattooed bros, so no MXDN.
DonM
10/4/2018 7:05pm
Yeah but the SoCal fans are fickle and definitely no where near as hard core as the fans from the east and midwest...Sorry that GH lost so much on their attempts at GP's and losing out on the MXDN because of it...trust me Red Bud will be ok...it will be the largest attended MX race ever in the USA...rain or shine...Can't wait to fly in tomorrow and dig into my prime rib at the MXDN experience dinner and sit in my VIP tent out of the rain to watch this epic event...my last MXDN was 87 at Unadliia!!
brlatm
10/4/2018 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 7:11pm
Not all motocross fans care to see flat bills, black socks and 909er's to enjoy a race. You should get off Jody's jock strap and go enjoy a race somewhere other than GH. BTW my wife is a 909er born and raised in Norco. She even thinks SoCal is shit to watch a race and loves the other ones we've been to.
DonM
10/4/2018 7:16pm
ctbale wrote:
I am curious why it was not held at GH? Not that I care one way or another. (unless its a mudder, that would really suck)
Because of poor attendance at the GP's they held
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
10/4/2018 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 7:21pm
Yes Glen Helen should host a MXdN one day, you're absolutely right, its an iconic track on the US moto calendar. In my mind second to only Red Bud.

Problem is, Red Bud is going to have something in the order of 80 thousand fans or something? is that right. Many camping out in tents and motorhomes. It's going to be a festival like atmosphere for the entire weekend. It's a once in a lifetime moto pilgrimage for everyone and im jealous i cant make it. How many people can Glen Helen itself accomodate to do the same?

Its going to be immense, I personally don't think Glen Helen itself can compare to what Red Bud are capable of putting on, no matter how close to Vegas it is.

early
Fantasy
2212th
10/4/2018 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 7:21pm
Funny thing happened, I typed "butthurt" into Google and this thread was the top result Wink
500guy
10/4/2018 7:44pm
I love the Glen Helen track it's an awesome test and a Great Race.

Red Bud Track is equal or better and kicks Glen Helens ass every other way.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
10/4/2018 7:58pm
I live less than a hundred miles from Glen Helen so it would benefit me greatly to have it so close. However, San Bernardino and it’s surrounding areas are shitholes and are not a great representation of what America is about. Not sure if Pala could handle a race of that magnitude, but at least it’s in a more desirable area for the tourist. And after all, what could possibly go wrong holding a MXDN at a Indian Reservation ?

I not able to attend but I’m glad it’s at Red Bud. If it’s a little drizzly and nasty, I’ll still enjoy it.
mauidex
10/4/2018 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 8:00pm
WOW!!! what a frikin bullshit post..........somebodys butt hurt baaaaadddddd!!!!!!! AngryAngry
tempura
10/4/2018 8:05pm
early wrote:
Funny thing happened, I typed "butthurt" into Google and this thread was the top result Wink
LOL
Trevor91
10/4/2018 8:40pm
Doesn't Mr.Info run Glen Helen? Seems like he's a bit jealous of red bed getting it over his shitty socal track... get over it dude
jeffro503
10/4/2018 8:40pm
I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen Helen pretty much....so yeah , job security.
500guy
10/4/2018 8:45pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen...
I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen Helen pretty much....so yeah , job security.
I thought he was just the announcer there ?

What ever Gh could have had the race but I can say one thing people seem way more excited it's at Red Bud then any other track I've heard of.
captmoto
10/4/2018 10:33pm
haydos25 wrote:
Yes Glen Helen should host a MXdN one day, you're absolutely right, its an iconic track on the US moto calendar. In my mind second to...
Yes Glen Helen should host a MXdN one day, you're absolutely right, its an iconic track on the US moto calendar. In my mind second to only Red Bud.

Problem is, Red Bud is going to have something in the order of 80 thousand fans or something? is that right. Many camping out in tents and motorhomes. It's going to be a festival like atmosphere for the entire weekend. It's a once in a lifetime moto pilgrimage for everyone and im jealous i cant make it. How many people can Glen Helen itself accomodate to do the same?

Its going to be immense, I personally don't think Glen Helen itself can compare to what Red Bud are capable of putting on, no matter how close to Vegas it is.

Logistically, Glen Helen has the space to handle it. They could level the truck track and park a ton of cars in, There is also a county park that could handle a bunch too and they could run shuttles from there. It's doable from that stand point. That said, I think sometimes that SoCal mxers seem to be too cool for themselves. The last GP was an attendance bomb. There are no rolling green hills anywhere nearby and access to the park is nearly a one way in/one way out affair. Would love to see it anyway because it is nearly in my back yard. I don't think all 80,000 in attendance are going to have the best seats in the house. It sounds like it might be a little hard to see everything or get a choice spot unless you are a very early riser.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/4/2018 10:49pm
I grew up at Glen Helen for the most part and have spun tons of laps there over the years. Still one of my favorites. Having said that, and as much as I would love to attend MXdN at Glen Helen, RedBud is a far better venu and track compared to Glen Helen. Sure, So Cal has way more to offer outside of the track compared to RedBud, but everyone is there for the races on one of the most iconic tracks in the US. I hope I get to attend a dN at GH one day because of what the track means to me, but I’ll be honest, I would much rather be at RedBud this weekend.
jeffro503
10/4/2018 10:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen...
500guy wrote:
I thought he was just the announcer there ? What ever Gh could have had the race but I can say one thing people seem way...
I thought he was just the announcer there ?

What ever Gh could have had the race but I can say one thing people seem way more excited it's at Red Bud then any other track I've heard of.
You could be right Jay. I just know he works there. I gotta say , I loved GH when I rode there and it doesn't really matter to me where the race is held. I do think the turn out at RedBud would probably be double though. The GP was pretty vacant.
motomike137
10/5/2018 4:54am
Even with the impending wet weather the REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!! atmosphere and crowd looks to be unbelievable. And since when did the moto crowd turn into such a bunch of snowflakes? Unadilla 1987 is my favorite race that I ever attended and it was a quagmire.Geographically Buchanan it is much better than Glen Helen for bringing in fans from all around the country and Europe in part due to it's proximity to Chicago and being right in the heart of "flyover" country. Just look at the pictures that are out there already of the campers. I don't think there is ANY other track in the U.S. that could or ever will match what we are about to witness.

Post a reply to: Glen Helen MXoN

The Latest