Glen Helen MXoN

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2018 6:15 PM

Some might not like this but I must say this and its only my opinion. First off I wish nothing but the best for Red Bud and hope the weather and crowd is everything they hope for because its a tough task to make a go of these races. With the help of MX Sports they should have a good crew.
But here's the facts I look at. Southern California is logistically a better location for the race. The attractions that are around Southern California offer more for the overseas traveler and those from around the other states plus Las Vegas is not that far away.
The factories are all based here in Southern California and the cost of team travel their trucks and staff is cheaper and direct flights to LA is cheaper than a stop in the middle of the US.
Now I am sorry I sound biased but I also know the politics of the event as well so the odds were not in our favor but that's not my area.
Again I hope its the best one in the US in years and maybe before I die they just might have one at Glen Helen when its least expected. Again just my opinion so no need to get upset. Any and all who go have a great time and I wish I could be there but I will be holding the fort down. Enjoy.

|

10/4/2018 6:20 PM

Just curious, have you been to Redbud for a national?

|

10/4/2018 6:21 PM

And you don’t need to gamble on October weather in Canada, I mean Michigan

|

10/4/2018 6:33 PM

Ever been to red bud mate?

|

10/4/2018 6:36 PM

Didn’t Glen Helen get the opportunity a couple of years ago, but with the poor attendance at the USGP it was cancelled?

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

10/4/2018 6:37 PM

109 wrote:

Hey, I see what you did there!

|

10/4/2018 6:37 PM

Mr Info, yes I'm an Aussie. Yes I have been to America...lots! All over America! Yes I love Southern California for a few reasons. But Mr Info you need to be reminded of one thing...Southern California and Glen Helen isn't the be all and end all of American MX!!!
I know Glen Helen is your middle name but this is just my opinion so no need to get upset!
Enjoy holding the fort down whilst the rest of the WORLD celebrates and enjoys the biggest race in the world in RED BUUUUUUUUUUDDD!!!

|

10/4/2018 6:39 PM

I have never been. Wanted to go very badly but could not. See I look at it through the money side of things because I have a close idea what things cost. Not saying I know all the cost cause I don't but the majority of the track cost I do. Like I said its not about what Red Bud does not have its about what SoCal does. From the money side of things. You don't have to like my opinion and if you don't I am sorry. That's it and nothing more on this from me. You all enjoy and I will be watching the races and hope our guys do well.

|

10/4/2018 6:43 PM

tempura wrote:

Didn’t Glen Helen get the opportunity a couple of years ago, but with the poor attendance at the USGP it was cancelled?

Yes and Yes. Last year's MXoN, in fact.

|

10/4/2018 6:45 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

Some might not like this but I must say this and its only my opinion. First off I wish nothing but the best for Red Bud and ...more

And by that logic you probably think each and every round of the motocross nationals should be at Glen Helen as well.

|

10/4/2018 6:45 PM

109 wrote:

jjavaman wrote:

Hey, I see what you did there!

It’s like having MXoN in England in October. Anyways, I fly into Chicago tomorrow and I’m bringing a poncho!

|

10/4/2018 6:46 PM

What does being close to Las vegas have to do with anything? Glen Helen has been mentioned multiple times for MXoN and always seem to fall thru. Is that due to the greedy Italian guy or Bud or something else who knows (maybe Mr Info does), but think it's a positive it's going to be in the US this year at an epic track.

|

10/4/2018 6:49 PM

"The attractions that are around Southern California offer more for the overseas traveler..."

People go to the MXdN to experience the biggest race of the year, the camping, the interaction with people of different culture's from all over the world, etc. Most couldn't care less of what's being offered in the surrounding areas.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/4/2018 6:52 PM

I am curious why it was not held at GH? Not that I care one way or another. (unless its a mudder, that would really suck)

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

10/4/2018 7:02 PM

Most east coast people are all scurred of the tattooed bros, so no MXDN.

|

10/4/2018 7:05 PM

Yeah but the SoCal fans are fickle and definitely no where near as hard core as the fans from the east and midwest...Sorry that GH lost so much on their attempts at GP's and losing out on the MXDN because of it...trust me Red Bud will be ok...it will be the largest attended MX race ever in the USA...rain or shine...Can't wait to fly in tomorrow and dig into my prime rib at the MXDN experience dinner and sit in my VIP tent out of the rain to watch this epic event...my last MXDN was 87 at Unadliia!!

|

10/4/2018 7:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 7:11 PM

Not all motocross fans care to see flat bills, black socks and 909er's to enjoy a race. You should get off Jody's jock strap and go enjoy a race somewhere other than GH. BTW my wife is a 909er born and raised in Norco. She even thinks SoCal is shit to watch a race and loves the other ones we've been to.

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

10/4/2018 7:16 PM

ctbale wrote:

I am curious why it was not held at GH? Not that I care one way or another. (unless its a mudder, that would really suck)

Because of poor attendance at the GP's they held

|

10/4/2018 7:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 7:21 PM

Yes Glen Helen should host a MXdN one day, you're absolutely right, its an iconic track on the US moto calendar. In my mind second to only Red Bud.

Problem is, Red Bud is going to have something in the order of 80 thousand fans or something? is that right. Many camping out in tents and motorhomes. It's going to be a festival like atmosphere for the entire weekend. It's a once in a lifetime moto pilgrimage for everyone and im jealous i cant make it. How many people can Glen Helen itself accomodate to do the same?

Its going to be immense, I personally don't think Glen Helen itself can compare to what Red Bud are capable of putting on, no matter how close to Vegas it is.

|

10/4/2018 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 7:21 PM

Funny thing happened, I typed "butthurt" into Google and this thread was the top result wink

|

10/4/2018 7:44 PM

I love the Glen Helen track it's an awesome test and a Great Race.

Red Bud Track is equal or better and kicks Glen Helens ass every other way.

|

10/4/2018 7:58 PM

I live less than a hundred miles from Glen Helen so it would benefit me greatly to have it so close. However, San Bernardino and it’s surrounding areas are shitholes and are not a great representation of what America is about. Not sure if Pala could handle a race of that magnitude, but at least it’s in a more desirable area for the tourist. And after all, what could possibly go wrong holding a MXDN at a Indian Reservation ?

I not able to attend but I’m glad it’s at Red Bud. If it’s a little drizzly and nasty, I’ll still enjoy it.

|

10/4/2018 7:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 8:00 PM

WOW!!! what a frikin bullshit post..........somebodys butt hurt baaaaadddddd!!!!!!! angry angry

|

10/4/2018 8:05 PM

early wrote:

Funny thing happened, I typed "butthurt" into Google and this thread was the top result wink

LOL

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

10/4/2018 8:40 PM

I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen Helen pretty much....so yeah , job security.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/4/2018 8:40 PM

Doesn't Mr.Info run Glen Helen? Seems like he's a bit jealous of red bed getting it over his shitty socal track... get over it dude

|

10/4/2018 8:45 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen Helen pretty ...more

I thought he was just the announcer there ?

What ever Gh could have had the race but I can say one thing people seem way more excited it's at Red Bud then any other track I've heard of.

|

10/4/2018 10:33 PM

haydos25 wrote:

Yes Glen Helen should host a MXdN one day, you're absolutely right, its an iconic track on the US moto calendar. In my mind ...more

Logistically, Glen Helen has the space to handle it. They could level the truck track and park a ton of cars in, There is also a county park that could handle a bunch too and they could run shuttles from there. It's doable from that stand point. That said, I think sometimes that SoCal mxers seem to be too cool for themselves. The last GP was an attendance bomb. There are no rolling green hills anywhere nearby and access to the park is nearly a one way in/one way out affair. Would love to see it anyway because it is nearly in my back yard. I don't think all 80,000 in attendance are going to have the best seats in the house. It sounds like it might be a little hard to see everything or get a choice spot unless you are a very early riser.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/4/2018 10:49 PM

I grew up at Glen Helen for the most part and have spun tons of laps there over the years. Still one of my favorites. Having said that, and as much as I would love to attend MXdN at Glen Helen, RedBud is a far better venu and track compared to Glen Helen. Sure, So Cal has way more to offer outside of the track compared to RedBud, but everyone is there for the races on one of the most iconic tracks in the US. I hope I get to attend a dN at GH one day because of what the track means to me, but I’ll be honest, I would much rather be at RedBud this weekend.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/4/2018 10:49 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I can see where Mr info is coming from , but yes he has to be a little biased here. He run's the track at Glen Helen pretty ...more

500guy wrote:

I thought he was just the announcer there ?

What ever Gh could have had the race but I can say one thing people seem way more ...more

You could be right Jay. I just know he works there. I gotta say , I loved GH when I rode there and it doesn't really matter to me where the race is held. I do think the turn out at RedBud would probably be double though. The GP was pretty vacant.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja