Glen Helen Fatal Accident?

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/14/2018 11:33pm
I didn’t know Cody, but do have a few friends that did. RIP Cody. Prayers for his family and the poor kid that was involved.
tcallahan707
8/15/2018 12:11am
Lynch wrote:
Things like this makes me question why the hell I ride motocross, rest in peace Cody.
Because living fully, doing the things that light up your heart, and making lifelong friends is worth it. We are all going to die at some point, possibly today. Might as well make the best of this time we have.
TJMX947
8/15/2018 5:54am
Lynch wrote:
Things like this makes me question why the hell I ride motocross, rest in peace Cody.
This.

I struggle with this every time we hear of someone dying, but I cant bring myself to get rid of the bike and give it up.

RIP Cody!

The Shop

wnorton729
Fantasy
1885th
8/15/2018 6:43am
RIP Cody. Such a tragedy. My thoughts are with family and friends.
jankymike
8/15/2018 6:52am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 6:53am
Great kid and Great family, didn't know them well but would bump into them at the races when Cody was racing minis

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/15/2018 6:58am
What a tragedy. That's horrible news. Praying for the family.
ob
8/15/2018 7:13am
Really sad news. RIP Cody
TSCHAM101
8/15/2018 7:54am
colius99 wrote:
His name is Cody Kurtz out of Ridgecrest, he was 17 years old. Cody crashed on a jump and the kid behind him who was a...
His name is Cody Kurtz out of Ridgecrest, he was 17 years old. Cody crashed on a jump and the kid behind him who was a life long friend of his landed on his neck killing him almost instantly, his Father Kyle was first on scene and Cody died in his arms. We are all still in shock up here in Ridgecrest Kyle is a close friend of mine. There is a go fund me account on FB to raise funds for funeral costs.
Oh Man, this is horrible.. completely gutted for all these people. i cant imagine what it must have been like to watch your son pass in your arms. And for the friend who was involved man, that kid is going to need a lot of support. i cant imagine what he is going through. Hopefully they are each surrounded by friends and family as tragic events like this change the way most people view life.

God Speed Cody.. depending on beliefs he may be having the ride of his life as we speak, with the big man upstairs..
idahokid235
8/15/2018 9:11am
Sacko wrote:
JT mentioned on the pulp mx show that a fly supported rider crashed at Glen Helen a few days back and didn't make it through it...
JT mentioned on the pulp mx show that a fly supported rider crashed at Glen Helen a few days back and didn't make it through it. Anyone know who this was or have any details? So sad to hear of these things happening.
It was at REM that it happened. It'll be interesting to see if Jody Wiesel does anything to honor him like he's been doing with Tom White for the past year. Lol.
TJMX947
8/15/2018 9:18am
It was at REM that it happened. It'll be interesting to see if Jody Wiesel does anything to honor him like he's been doing with Tom...
It was at REM that it happened. It'll be interesting to see if Jody Wiesel does anything to honor him like he's been doing with Tom White for the past year. Lol.
Wow - REM doesn't ever really look to have jump big enough to get landed on. I was under the impression it was some type of WORCS type race.
idahokid235
8/15/2018 9:21am
It was at REM that it happened. It'll be interesting to see if Jody Wiesel does anything to honor him like he's been doing with Tom...
TJMX947 wrote:
Wow - REM doesn't ever really look to have jump big enough to get landed on. I was under the impression it was some type of...
Wow - REM doesn't ever really look to have jump big enough to get landed on. I was under the impression it was some type of WORCS type race.
No disrespect, it always sucks to see someone young go in this sport. But, its crazy all this stuff happens on Jody's watch.
jankymike
8/15/2018 9:25am
TJMX947 wrote:
Wow - REM doesn't ever really look to have jump big enough to get landed on. I was under the impression it was some type of...
No disrespect, it always sucks to see someone young go in this sport. But, its crazy all this stuff happens on Jody's watch.
It was not at REM, it was on the GH main track at the D-37 motocross series race. REM was running their own race on their own track not the same race.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/15/2018 9:48am
moscrop940 wrote:
As someone who has ridden his entire life at glen Helen, one has to wonder what it is about that place that the body count rises...
As someone who has ridden his entire life at glen Helen, one has to wonder what it is about that place that the body count rises every few years.

I’ve personally lost two good friends there over the past 15 years, and it pains me every time I read about another.

God Speed Cody.
I think part of it is that Glen Helen just has a lot of people ride there. The more people ride there, the more total serious injuries (even if the rate of injury is similar to other tracks).
magoo1982
8/15/2018 1:21pm
colius99 wrote:
His name is Cody Kurtz out of Ridgecrest, he was 17 years old. Cody crashed on a jump and the kid behind him who was a...
His name is Cody Kurtz out of Ridgecrest, he was 17 years old. Cody crashed on a jump and the kid behind him who was a life long friend of his landed on his neck killing him almost instantly, his Father Kyle was first on scene and Cody died in his arms. We are all still in shock up here in Ridgecrest Kyle is a close friend of mine. There is a go fund me account on FB to raise funds for funeral costs.
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Oh Man, this is horrible.. completely gutted for all these people. i cant imagine what it must have been like to watch your son pass in...
Oh Man, this is horrible.. completely gutted for all these people. i cant imagine what it must have been like to watch your son pass in your arms. And for the friend who was involved man, that kid is going to need a lot of support. i cant imagine what he is going through. Hopefully they are each surrounded by friends and family as tragic events like this change the way most people view life.

God Speed Cody.. depending on beliefs he may be having the ride of his life as we speak, with the big man upstairs..
Well said , how can something we enjoy end up bad on so many levels . Feel for all involved ...
Donovan759
8/15/2018 1:28pm
I hate hearing this. Rest in peace Cody. Praying peace and comfort for your family.
OldPro277
8/15/2018 2:06pm
TJMX947 wrote:
WTF is wrong with you ?? Stay out of this thread with that shit

Condolences to both families involved.... can't even imagine the heartache
8/15/2018 3:24pm
Lynch wrote:
TJMX947 wrote:
This. I struggle with this every time we hear of someone dying, but I cant bring myself to get rid of the bike and give it...
This.

I struggle with this every time we hear of someone dying, but I cant bring myself to get rid of the bike and give it up.

RIP Cody!
Hundreds of people die everyday driving their car. Do you question getting in your car to go to work everyday? This is a horrible thing that happened, but Don't let it take away your love of being on a bike.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
8/15/2018 4:11pm
RIP Cody. My son watched his friend die on a track they were practicing on, and it really affected him, I pray Cody’s friend is OK. And I never want to know what Cody’s dad felt. Just brutal. But he loved what he was doing, so Dad, you got to share that with him, which is something to hold on to.
Kyle_McNab
8/15/2018 4:35pm
Completely heart breaking ? godspeed buddy . Hope his family and friends hold up okay
NorCal 50+
8/15/2018 4:45pm
TJMX947 wrote:
OldPro277 wrote:
WTF is wrong with you ?? Stay out of this thread with that shit

Condolences to both families involved.... can't even imagine the heartache
X2- Online dipshits "connecting dots" and placing blame with no sense of reality.
Idahokid gets the award for biggest asshat posting so far.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/16/2018 3:05am
So sad. Tragic way to go for everyone involved. Ride In Peace Cody. Condolences to the friends and family.
Original 44
8/16/2018 3:14am
Came close to losing my brother in May this year. Can’t imagine what the family is feeling right now. I Pray their hearts won’t remain heavy...
Came close to losing my brother in May this year. Can’t imagine what the family is feeling right now. I Pray their hearts won’t remain heavy for too long.

Man I hate this sport.
Sad I’m hope you guys are doing better.

Thought and prayers are with the family. RIP young man.
Lynch
8/16/2018 3:26am
Lynch wrote:
TJMX947 wrote:
This. I struggle with this every time we hear of someone dying, but I cant bring myself to get rid of the bike and give it...
This.

RIP Cody!
Hundreds of people die everyday driving their car. Do you question getting in your car to go to work everyday? This is a horrible thing that...
Hundreds of people die everyday driving their car. Do you question getting in your car to go to work everyday? This is a horrible thing that happened, but Don't let it take away your love of being on a bike.
"I can't bring myself to get rid of the bike and give it up"

read next time
tombugg
8/16/2018 4:28am
Absolutely heartbreaking,.. my biggest fear having two boys that ride. Which is why we no longer ride nationally.. I love and hate this sport so much.. Godspeed young man. Your friends & family are in my thoughts and prayers

Post a reply to: Glen Helen Fatal Accident?

The Latest