Glen Helen 2020?

gnarwhip
Edited Date/Time 10/18/2019 5:21pm
Come on guys, make this happen please.
|
SoCalMX70
10/16/2019 9:01pm
Schedule was already announced. Pretty sure contract is 3(?) years for Pala. So maybe 2022...
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
10/16/2019 9:13pm
Pala again? Could be worse......Elsinore.
gnarwhip
10/16/2019 9:17pm
So they’re actually doing the Florida national again? Lol ok.
gnarwhip
10/16/2019 9:56pm
Here’s a wild idea; have Pala AND Glen Helen. There are tens of millions of people within driving distance.

The Shop

mikec265
10/16/2019 10:04pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Here’s a wild idea; have Pala AND Glen Helen. There are tens of millions of people within driving distance.
CA can't handle all of the pollution from an additional event. Just bring Steel City back somehow.
Johnny Ringo
10/16/2019 11:20pm
California doesn’t need 1/4 of the races. There’s a big bright world out there
RG1
10/17/2019 3:07am
gnarwhip wrote:
How many of those people are realistically going to go to 3 SX races and 2 nationals though? I know the hardcore fans would but I bet a lot wouldn’t
Casting
10/17/2019 5:49am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2019 5:50am
Pala is a joke of an American motocross track. When Americans make fun of MXGP tracks in Indonesia... that is what Pala looks like to me... a joke of a track not fit for the prestige of a professional race on any circuit.

WW in Florida seemed fine to me - the element of heat is an interesting factor for riders to navigate.

Like someone else said above... BRING BACK STEEL CITY!!! Though from everything I've seen locally that track has faded away and would take some serious reconstruction to return to race shape... /tear no, no I'm not crying, just got splashed in the face with water..
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
10/17/2019 5:55am
Pala is fine,it isnt GH but its ok, and light years ahead of those dumb MXGP pop up tracks. (GP does have some badass tracks though.)
AH387
10/17/2019 6:05am
The attendance at Pala was like half of what it was at GH, the year prior.
10/17/2019 6:24am
AH387 wrote:
Maybe because GH decided hold a ride day in spite of them not getting the national. I don’t know the politics behind why GH isn’t on the schedule anymore. I love watching the pro series don’t get me wrong. But if I had to choose between riding my bike or watching someone else ride theirs....I’m choosing to ride mine.
BAMX
10/17/2019 6:30am
AH387 wrote:
Maybe because GH decided hold a ride day in spite of them not getting the national. I don’t know the politics behind why GH isn’t on...
Maybe because GH decided hold a ride day in spite of them not getting the national. I don’t know the politics behind why GH isn’t on the schedule anymore. I love watching the pro series don’t get me wrong. But if I had to choose between riding my bike or watching someone else ride theirs....I’m choosing to ride mine.
If a ride day killed half the attendance, then something else is broken. My guess is that it was a combo of what I consider a pretty average track for a national and a lot of people remembering the horrific traffic jam of years past.
10/17/2019 6:39am
BAMX wrote:
If a ride day killed half the attendance, then something else is broken. My guess is that it was a combo of what I consider a...
If a ride day killed half the attendance, then something else is broken. My guess is that it was a combo of what I consider a pretty average track for a national and a lot of people remembering the horrific traffic jam of years past.
I’m not from Cal so I have no clue about the traffic issue. From the way it seemed on tv I thought Pala was okay. The one single they were airing out to flat was pretty huge. I also think like mentioned above that besides the die hard fans who is gonna pay to go to 3 supercross and 2 motocross events.
AH387
10/17/2019 7:02am
There is always politics behind that type of stuff. Ride day or not, Pala has never been great as far as attendance, merch etc. It's just fact. GH is decent but it's up to the promoters to make it work/fair. I'd like to see it back on the schedule but we all know there seems to always be friction with that relationship.
Mr. Info
10/17/2019 7:20am
It’s just a smaller version of Washington and the budget
offroad949
10/17/2019 7:21am
AH387 wrote:
Maybe because GH decided hold a ride day in spite of them not getting the national. I don’t know the politics behind why GH isn’t on...
Thats not the case at all. Nobody wants to go to Pala. Even when they had it prior it was terrible for watching. Honestly, Pala is one of the best tracks to RIDE in southern ca, its a great track to hold amateur races, but it is not a place for Pro Motocross. 40 Dudes on that track is like watching RC cars race. Track is tight, its pretty one lined, it gets pretty hard packed and the guys probably use 5th a lot. GH is a technical track, it gets really rough, square edges, its big, a combination of dirt, jumps ehh... they could do better on not making Supercross lips for some of them but that can be easily fixed. But its a show, you can literally watch the racing from all parts of the track and feel like you can see it all. It may not be the cleanest spot but its a true national track. I wish they'd separate their differences and race at GH again.
FuzzyLogic
10/17/2019 8:23am
I thought Pala was pretty cool this year. If I'm remembering right it produced 1 (maybe 2) of the closest finishes of the nationals this year.
500guy
10/17/2019 8:24am
offroad949 wrote:
Thats not the case at all. Nobody wants to go to Pala. Even when they had it prior it was terrible for watching. Honestly, Pala is...
Thats not the case at all. Nobody wants to go to Pala. Even when they had it prior it was terrible for watching. Honestly, Pala is one of the best tracks to RIDE in southern ca, its a great track to hold amateur races, but it is not a place for Pro Motocross. 40 Dudes on that track is like watching RC cars race. Track is tight, its pretty one lined, it gets pretty hard packed and the guys probably use 5th a lot. GH is a technical track, it gets really rough, square edges, its big, a combination of dirt, jumps ehh... they could do better on not making Supercross lips for some of them but that can be easily fixed. But its a show, you can literally watch the racing from all parts of the track and feel like you can see it all. It may not be the cleanest spot but its a true national track. I wish they'd separate their differences and race at GH again.
it doesn't matter, GH doesn't seem to get along with MXsports.

It's a business and the 2 parties can't seem to come to terms, The relationship is over for the time being.

I love how people are already complaining about some race that is 7 months from now.
aeffertz
10/17/2019 8:56am
gnarwhip wrote:
The Florida track was great, what do you mean?
gnarwhip
10/17/2019 8:02pm
gnarwhip wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
The Florida track was great, what do you mean?
I was talking about the terrible humidity that comes with running a race in FL during the summer. It knocked out Sexton for several weeks (who was a title contender) due to heat exhaustion, and other guys who I can’t remember. Seems unsafe for riders, should replace that round with GH in my opinion, but that’s just me.
BUTWHY?
10/18/2019 12:04am
I hope GH doesn’t try to host a free ride day again. I get this a very political sport but that was just plain greasy.
JustMX
10/18/2019 6:57am
Never been to either gh or Pala, but from watching on tv, can't really say one was much better than the other.

The last national gh had was dusty and slick looking, and they seem to have gotten a little carried,away with huge jumps instead of relying on the one thing that seems to really set them apart, elevation.

Meanwhile you folks out there whine about this and whine about that.

I would suggest you support what you have and hope they improve or you will end up with something like lake Elsinore again.
Mr. Info
10/18/2019 8:02am
You really think a ride day takes people away from attending a National? If someone doesn’t want to go they won’t go. Should we close Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm or Magic Mountain. I bet some riders went there and the movies as well.
All it was, was an option and money went to Charity. Get over it.
I think the track is already booking events for next year so who knows.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
10/18/2019 8:27am
I think somewhere in Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Tenn. needs a national. Middle america needs to have something.
500guy
10/18/2019 8:34am
Mr. Info wrote:
You really think a ride day takes people away from attending a National? If someone doesn’t want to go they won’t go. Should we close Disneyland...
You really think a ride day takes people away from attending a National? If someone doesn’t want to go they won’t go. Should we close Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm or Magic Mountain. I bet some riders went there and the movies as well.
How much went to charity?
10/18/2019 8:40am
gnarwhip wrote:
RG1 wrote:
How many of those people are realistically going to go to 3 SX races and 2 nationals though? I know the hardcore fans would but I...
How many of those people are realistically going to go to 3 SX races and 2 nationals though? I know the hardcore fans would but I bet a lot wouldn’t
Judging by TV, 70% crowd at SX#1, 40% crowd at SX#2 and 25% at SX#3. Yeah. More Cali races seem like a great business plan.
BobbyM
10/18/2019 8:40am
Mr. Info wrote:
You really think a ride day takes people away from attending a National? If someone doesn’t want to go they won’t go. Should we close Disneyland...
500guy wrote:
Should have spent it on meeting the criteria for holding a nat.
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/18/2019 8:41am
There are some grown ass babies posting in this thread.

Too humid for pro riders. LOL.
There should be more California rounds. LOL.

I liked the racing action from Pala this year, and I have liked the racing action at Glen Helen in the past. Glen Helen is more recognizable on TV, but that doesnt give anyone an excuse to be a primadonna.
Johnson183
10/18/2019 10:04am
Mr. Info wrote:
500guy wrote:
Every penny. I think it ended up at $10,000, with a little help from Glen Helen as well.

Post a reply to: Glen Helen 2020?

The Latest