Fundraiser for Tanya Muzinda to compete in Mini-O’s

Stefy211
Edited Date/Time 12/5/2018 7:25pm
Hi Everyone,

I just would like to bring to your attention a fundraiser that I am managing to help Tanya Muzinda come to the Mini O's.

Tanya is a very talented your racer from Zimbabwe. I discovered her 3 years ago went I was invited to go to Zimbabwe and mentor this little girl.
She is the poster child of motocross in my opinion, since she has been inspiring kids from unprivileged background to follow their dreams and keep fighting in life. Tanya comes from rural Africa and when I met her I saw something special in her. The fact that she is using motocross as the tool to spread her message world wide is just simply amazing.

6 months ago we decided to play with the idea of having Tanya come to the US and race the Mini O's. First thing was to secure her a visa for traveling. We received information that an appointment was granted for October 4th. Thanks to MXSport and Wyn from Unlimited Sport the documents we were able to provide to the US Embassy in Zimbabwe were accepted, so a few days ago Tanya received the visa.

Now everything is in motion. Alpinestars and Airoh provided product support, I'm working in securing her a 85cc big wheels, and Colleen at MTF is providing 2 weeks of training before the race.

We need help to gather the fund to cover the hard costs, such has, flights from Africa to Florida, Hotel room for the week at the Mini O's and money to buy food for Tanya and her mom and dad.

I've been personally sending money to the family in Africa, but because the corruption there, more often than not funds do not reach Tanya's family. We decided then to manage the expense account for the Mini O's directly from here.

If you want to participate in helping a child achieve an unthinkable dream, please contribute on the fundraiser and share:

https://www.facebook.com/donate/751684825183723/

If you want to learn more about Tanya, visit www.TanyaMuzinda.com

Thanks Moto Family!!!

Stefy Bau

|
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/23/2018 2:52pm
I hope Tanya is able to experience motocross in America, and that it fuels her desire to help those less privileged.

To the OP, you may have a bit more luck if you change your title up a bit. Right now, and no offense, the thread title looks like the spam we get on here from time-to-time. Possibly a simple change like “Fundraiser for Tanya Muzinda to compete in Mini-O’s” would get more clicks. Hope that helps!
agn5009
10/23/2018 3:00pm
Certainly we can all help a little to make her dream come true. Very cool story. I hope it works out.

The Shop

Stefy211
10/23/2018 9:11pm
USA wrote:
I hope Tanya is able to experience motocross in America, and that it fuels her desire to help those less privileged. To the OP, you may...
I hope Tanya is able to experience motocross in America, and that it fuels her desire to help those less privileged.

To the OP, you may have a bit more luck if you change your title up a bit. Right now, and no offense, the thread title looks like the spam we get on here from time-to-time. Possibly a simple change like “Fundraiser for Tanya Muzinda to compete in Mini-O’s” would get more clicks. Hope that helps!
Thank you for the suggestion!!
Stefy211
10/24/2018 2:08pm
If you guys want to know more about Tanya and what she has accomplished so far, please visit her website at www.TanyaMuzinda.com

Thanks,

Stefy
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
10/24/2018 2:30pm
My first call would be Seven/James Stewart
Stefy211
10/24/2018 9:41pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I reached out to Big James 2 weeks ago and ask to bring this story to James and Malcom attention, but nothing so far.
James is a bit hard to get the hold off... If you know a way please PM me!

I have also tried with Travis Pastrana's entourage (he has 2 little girls) and MC. But I didn't get the chance to speak with either of them directly so maybe the message got lost and never reached them.
10/24/2018 10:49pm
This made me happy, to the extent I got a little lump in my throat ? I wish you, and Tanya, the best of luck, and please keep us posted on her journey ✊
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
10/25/2018 5:14am
GrapeApe wrote:
Stefy211 wrote:
I reached out to Big James 2 weeks ago and ask to bring this story to James and Malcom attention, but nothing so far. James is...
I reached out to Big James 2 weeks ago and ask to bring this story to James and Malcom attention, but nothing so far.
James is a bit hard to get the hold off... If you know a way please PM me!

I have also tried with Travis Pastrana's entourage (he has 2 little girls) and MC. But I didn't get the chance to speak with either of them directly so maybe the message got lost and never reached them.
You could try going through Roger Larsen at Seven? If you've been in contact with big James that's probably about as good as your going do, though.
jenssog
10/25/2018 5:39am
I missed this thread when it was first posted. Been following Tanya for a couple of years and she deserves the opportunity. A donation has been made.

Best of luck to her.
Bramlett321
10/25/2018 5:40am
Stefy211 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I just would like to bring to your attention a fundraiser that I am managing to help Tanya Muzinda come to the Mini O's...
Hi Everyone,

I just would like to bring to your attention a fundraiser that I am managing to help Tanya Muzinda come to the Mini O's.

Tanya is a very talented your racer from Zimbabwe. I discovered her 3 years ago went I was invited to go to Zimbabwe and mentor this little girl.
She is the poster child of motocross in my opinion, since she has been inspiring kids from unprivileged background to follow their dreams and keep fighting in life. Tanya comes from rural Africa and when I met her I saw something special in her. The fact that she is using motocross as the tool to spread her message world wide is just simply amazing.

6 months ago we decided to play with the idea of having Tanya come to the US and race the Mini O's. First thing was to secure her a visa for traveling. We received information that an appointment was granted for October 4th. Thanks to MXSport and Wyn from Unlimited Sport the documents we were able to provide to the US Embassy in Zimbabwe were accepted, so a few days ago Tanya received the visa.

Now everything is in motion. Alpinestars and Airoh provided product support, I'm working in securing her a 85cc big wheels, and Colleen at MTF is providing 2 weeks of training before the race.

We need help to gather the fund to cover the hard costs, such has, flights from Africa to Florida, Hotel room for the week at the Mini O's and money to buy food for Tanya and her mom and dad.

I've been personally sending money to the family in Africa, but because the corruption there, more often than not funds do not reach Tanya's family. We decided then to manage the expense account for the Mini O's directly from here.

If you want to participate in helping a child achieve an unthinkable dream, please contribute on the fundraiser and share:

Thanks Moto Family!!!

Stefy Bau

Stefy is there another way to contribute other than the facebook link? I guess I could just open a facebook account but is there a paypal or any other means? Thank you.....
Stefy211
10/25/2018 3:32pm
Stefy211 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I just would like to bring to your attention a fundraiser that I am managing to help Tanya Muzinda come to the Mini O's...
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Moto Family!!!

Stefy Bau

Stefy is there another way to contribute other than the facebook link? I guess I could just open a facebook account but is there a paypal...
Stefy is there another way to contribute other than the facebook link? I guess I could just open a facebook account but is there a paypal or any other means? Thank you.....
I believe I also activated a PayPal account. Email is Tanya.Muzinda@gmail.com
Thanks!

Stefy
Kurtis158
10/26/2018 5:57am
Gave what I could, hope you're able to get her here!
Stefy211
10/26/2018 11:19am
Thank you everyone for the help. Please keep share within your network!

I will keep everyone posted once she arrives here :-)
Stefy211
10/29/2018 7:01pm
Hello everyone,

Just wanting to let you know that we are up to $2200 on the fundraiser. With this I was able to off set some of the costs for the ticket flight.
We now need more funding to cover the costs of lodging and food for the month that she is here in the US.

Please continue to share this post!

Any help is appreciated! Tanya is super excited about the opportunity and thanks everyone of you for the help!

#Motofamily
jenssog
10/30/2018 6:33am
Stefy211 wrote:
Hello everyone, Just wanting to let you know that we are up to $2200 on the fundraiser. With this I was able to off set some...
Hello everyone,

Just wanting to let you know that we are up to $2200 on the fundraiser. With this I was able to off set some of the costs for the ticket flight.
We now need more funding to cover the costs of lodging and food for the month that she is here in the US.

Please continue to share this post!

Any help is appreciated! Tanya is super excited about the opportunity and thanks everyone of you for the help!

#Motofamily
It's awesome that you are helping out Tanya. I hope more people will donate.
stillwelding
10/30/2018 7:10am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2018 6:18pm
I donated. Because Mary McGee did.
mx317
10/30/2018 8:45am
If anyone can recognize talent in a female racer, the OP sure can! Good luck with this!
mx617
12/5/2018 12:54pm
Hi stefy, but late for the mini os, but if there's future travel what about setting up a way for people to donate their airline points/miles? I know it can be done here in Canada but maybe this is an option for you guys as well?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/5/2018 7:25pm
mx617 wrote:
Hi stefy, but late for the mini os, but if there's future travel what about setting up a way for people to donate their airline points/miles...
Hi stefy, but late for the mini os, but if there's future travel what about setting up a way for people to donate their airline points/miles? I know it can be done here in Canada but maybe this is an option for you guys as well?
I'm not sure about that but they do plan on going back to the Mini O's in 2019.

Here's an article about her/family and this year's event.

https://www.herald.co.zw/tanya-finds-the-going-tough-at-thor-winter-oly…

Post a reply to: Fundraiser for Tanya Muzinda to compete in Mini-O’s

The Latest