Give me your Answer!!

TXDirt
Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 8:23pm
Seems like Answer gear company has an identity crisis every year or so. Check out all the different logos. It just got me thinking because I hate their new logo. And for a period of time they renamed it to just ANSR which I didn't like either.

Who's ever running brand management at Answer needs to lay off the drugs.

Who's with me!! Give me your Answer!!

|
Doddy
7/24/2018 1:39pm
"ANSR" .....just no.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
7/24/2018 1:46pm
TXDirt wrote:
Seems like Answer gear company has an identity crisis every year or so. Check out all the different logos. It just got me thinking because I...
Seems like Answer gear company has an identity crisis every year or so. Check out all the different logos. It just got me thinking because I hate their new logo. And for a period of time they renamed it to just ANSR which I didn't like either.

Who's ever running brand management at Answer needs to lay off the drugs.

Who's with me!! Give me your Answer!!

Suck it, cleaning up the mess that was before it.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/24/2018 1:47pm
Oh the gear js7 wore for the height of his career? what else do they got? old man RV?

who cares.. they are just waiting to fold. We have enough big brands. Market is saturated.

The Shop

dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
7/24/2018 2:08pm
this one..

RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
7/24/2018 2:33pm
Funny. They must change logos every year. Here are some others:

2 different logos in the same package:

gabrielito
7/24/2018 3:14pm
Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for logos.
TXDirt
7/24/2018 3:55pm
The new logo is atrocious. Just too much going on with it.
mauidex
7/24/2018 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 4:37pm
gabrielito wrote:
Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for...
Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for logos.
Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or Renthal?? just need to come up with an icon for the brand and all the rest will fall in place
psg119
7/24/2018 5:01pm
5th down... takes me back to the mini days
Taylor415
7/24/2018 5:18pm
Still digging, but there’s some even older answer stuff in the vault...
Gandorlf
7/24/2018 5:25pm
gabrielito wrote:
Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for...
mauidex wrote:
Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or...
Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or Renthal?? just need to come up with an icon for the brand and all the rest will fall in place
Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the logo which is very recognisable these days even in non-moto because they don't change it every 15 minutes. Same as Oakley. Renthal is a mix of the founders name, REN(shaw) and (rosen)THAL.

I don't think it's as simple as just having an icon. It needs to have substance and meaning.
mauidex
7/24/2018 5:56pm
gabrielito wrote:
mauidex wrote:
Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or...
Gandorlf wrote:
Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the...
Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the logo which is very recognisable these days even in non-moto because they don't change it every 15 minutes. Same as Oakley. Renthal is a mix of the founders name, REN(shaw) and (rosen)THAL.

I don't think it's as simple as just having an icon. It needs to have substance and meaning.
Dude you are totally contradicting yourself. You just said alpine stars only uses the logo. What I’m saying they need a logo (icon) and build around it. Trying to make the word the logo isn’t working
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
7/24/2018 6:32pm
Their stuff is getting better but I think they need to ditch the ANSR all together. I like the anarchy A from the late 90's.
Mossy
7/24/2018 6:40pm
mauidex wrote:
Gandorlf wrote:
Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the...

mauidex wrote:
Dude you are totally contradicting yourself. You just said alpine stars only uses the logo. What I’m saying they need a logo (icon) and build around...
Dude you are totally contradicting yourself. You just said alpine stars only uses the logo. What I’m saying they need a logo (icon) and build around it. Trying to make the word the logo isn’t working
The truth is, names don’t matter. What’s Nike? What’s Adidas? What’s Alias and Fly? What’s Target and Monster? None of these “names” matter. What matters is the marketing and the public’s reception of those names. Fox could be called Tiger if Tiger was Pet Fox’s last name. Then we would all be wearing Tiger gear with a tiger logo. Not because the name, but because of the marketing and the brand that was built upon that name.

You can literally call a brand anything you want, and depending on the marketing you do and the way it is built, it can succeed. I laugh when people talk about starting a business and can’t come up with a name, the whole time they’re focusing on the wrong thing. To be honest, I like Answers current logo and my favorite is the fourth one from the bottom. I suppose it gives me the most nastalgia.

And to the guy saying “it’s hsrd to make a logo out of “answer” I get what you’re saying, but people aren’t buying the gear for the way the logo looks. Notice the people ignoring the gear that has a well designed logo, and proceeding to buy gear from FLY and Fasthouse that have no logo and simply just say “Fly Racing or Fasthouse.” It’s all in the marketing dude.
7/24/2018 6:47pm
RichieW13 wrote:
Funny. They must change logos every year. Here are some others: [img]http://www.motorsportretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/answer-retro.jpg[/img] 2 different logos in the same package: [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/o2EAAOSwLnBX7CC~/s-l1600.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/KvoAAOSwcj5ZXtCi/s-l225.jpg[/img]
Funny. They must change logos every year. Here are some others:

2 different logos in the same package:

The vintage look is always a winner!
slipdog
7/24/2018 7:07pm
I always like Answer threads because I get to stroll down memory lane.

Camp332
7/24/2018 7:11pm
That's sick Slipdog!

I ran Answer back in 06
make1go
7/24/2018 8:57pm
just claiming trade marks to block other companies.
dirtnapper
7/24/2018 10:47pm
I bought this set of Answer gear in 2001. I still like this logo the best. It's a nice clean design.

( oh and the gear still fits me in 2018 - that's gotta be a win right? Laughing )

Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
7/24/2018 10:59pm
Man I agree. I had some green Answer gear with the anarchy looking logo and my first set of gear was some 90’s looking scribble stuff. It was okay at the time but I haven’t liked their stuff for a while. They need a clean simple looking logo imo.

Shift used to have the double-bar equality looking thing, and the logo they have now is pretty clean and recognizable. They made a nice comeback
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
7/24/2018 11:20pm
Whatever happened to 661 gear?
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
7/24/2018 11:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 11:46pm

New answer logo is a take on the Dymond era, which is pretty damn cool in my book. Went back and wanted something in that triangle shape. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've been a fan of the brand since 95, and yes some logo decisions down the road i don't completely agree with, but the evolution of this new logo gives us our "WE" back. You can thank Bubba for the "ANSR"
7/25/2018 5:55am
The '04-'05 era was my favorite as far as looks and the logo are concerned, and The Fonz made it look great too. I had this colorway along with a few others and their vented stuff that year. Lasted a long long time. If Alias doesn't resurface I may go back with Answer, I like some of the new stuff they have now.

rallendude
7/25/2018 6:09am
Loved the '80s stuff and the Ernie stuff just above. I'm okay with all their logos except the ANSR and the newest one. I wore their gear 2005-2008 or so due to their contingency program in our local series. It was good stuff and held up well.

rallendude
7/25/2018 6:13am
danzig138 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/24/276841/s1200_logo.jpg[/img] New answer logo is a take on the Dymond era, which is pretty damn cool in my book. Went back and wanted something in that...

New answer logo is a take on the Dymond era, which is pretty damn cool in my book. Went back and wanted something in that triangle shape. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've been a fan of the brand since 95, and yes some logo decisions down the road i don't completely agree with, but the evolution of this new logo gives us our "WE" back. You can thank Bubba for the "ANSR"
I didn't pick up on the triangle relationship to the Dymond era. While the ad you posted takes you through the progression, it's kind of like the logos themselves. It doesn't flow. Start top left, then down, then back up as you work yourself across. It just seems broken. I guess it's hard to be different in that market.
TXDirt
7/25/2018 6:32pm
danzig138 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/24/276841/s1200_logo.jpg[/img] New answer logo is a take on the Dymond era, which is pretty damn cool in my book. Went back and wanted something in that...

I hadn't seen that before. Thanks. Pretty sweet.

Answer was my only gear sponsor during my career from 60's until I got my AMA pro license. Always loved them.

Post a reply to: Give me your Answer!!

The Latest