Give me your Answer!!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2018 1:15 PM

Seems like Answer gear company has an identity crisis every year or so. Check out all the different logos. It just got me thinking because I hate their new logo. And for a period of time they renamed it to just ANSR which I didn't like either.

Who's ever running brand management at Answer needs to lay off the drugs.

Who's with me!! Give me your Answer!!


Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/24/2018 1:39 PM

"ANSR" .....just no.

|

7/24/2018 1:44 PM

2nd up from bottom.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/24/2018 1:46 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Seems like Answer gear company has an identity crisis every year or so. Check out all the different logos. It just got me thinking because I hate their new logo. And for a period of time they renamed it to just ANSR which I didn't like either.

Who's ever running brand management at Answer needs to lay off the drugs.

Who's with me!! Give me your Answer!!


Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Suck it, cleaning up the mess that was before it.

|

7/24/2018 1:47 PM

Oh the gear js7 wore for the height of his career? what else do they got? old man RV?

who cares.. they are just waiting to fold. We have enough big brands. Market is saturated.

|

7/24/2018 2:08 PM

this one..
Photo

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/24/2018 2:33 PM

Funny. They must change logos every year. Here are some others:

[LINK TO IMAGE]


2 different logos in the same package:

Photo

Photo

|

7/24/2018 3:14 PM

Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for logos.

|

7/24/2018 3:55 PM

The new logo is atrocious. Just too much going on with it.

|

7/24/2018 4:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2018 4:37 PM

gabrielito wrote:

Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for logos.

Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or Renthal?? just need to come up with an icon for the brand and all the rest will fall in place

|

7/24/2018 5:01 PM

5th down... takes me back to the mini days

|

7/24/2018 5:18 PM

Still digging, but there’s some even older answer stuff in the vault... Photo

|

7/24/2018 5:25 PM

gabrielito wrote:

Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for logos.

mauidex wrote:

Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or Renthal?? just need to come up with an icon for the brand and all the rest will fall in place

Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the logo which is very recognisable these days even in non-moto because they don't change it every 15 minutes. Same as Oakley. Renthal is a mix of the founders name, REN(shaw) and (rosen)THAL.


I don't think it's as simple as just having an icon. It needs to have substance and meaning.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/24/2018 5:35 PM

The anarchy A

|

7/24/2018 5:56 PM

gabrielito wrote:

Answer is just a weird name. Probably hard to make a logo out of it that seems cool. FOX and THOR are much better suited for logos.

mauidex wrote:

Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or Renthal?? just need to come up with an icon for the brand and all the rest will fall in place

Gandorlf wrote:

Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the logo which is very recognisable these days even in non-moto because they don't change it every 15 minutes. Same as Oakley. Renthal is a mix of the founders name, REN(shaw) and (rosen)THAL.


I don't think it's as simple as just having an icon. It needs to have substance and meaning.

Dude you are totally contradicting yourself. You just said alpine stars only uses the logo. What I’m saying they need a logo (icon) and build around it. Trying to make the word the logo isn’t working

|

7/24/2018 6:32 PM

Their stuff is getting better but I think they need to ditch the ANSR all together. I like the anarchy A from the late 90's.

|

7/24/2018 6:40 PM

mauidex wrote:

Thats a great excuse if you are on the payroll and can't design worth a crap. Like Alpine Stars was a great name?? or Oakley?? or Renthal?? just need to come up with an icon for the brand and all the rest will fall in place

Gandorlf wrote:

Alpinestars, Oakley and Renthal are all great names though. Where do you see Alpinestars gear with the entire word on it these days? They use the logo which is very recognisable these days even in non-moto because they don't change it every 15 minutes. Same as Oakley. Renthal is a mix of the founders name, REN(shaw) and (rosen)THAL.


I don't think it's as simple as just having an icon. It needs to have substance and meaning.

mauidex wrote:

Dude you are totally contradicting yourself. You just said alpine stars only uses the logo. What I’m saying they need a logo (icon) and build around it. Trying to make the word the logo isn’t working

The truth is, names don’t matter. What’s Nike? What’s Adidas? What’s Alias and Fly? What’s Target and Monster? None of these “names” matter. What matters is the marketing and the public’s reception of those names. Fox could be called Tiger if Tiger was Pet Fox’s last name. Then we would all be wearing Tiger gear with a tiger logo. Not because the name, but because of the marketing and the brand that was built upon that name.

You can literally call a brand anything you want, and depending on the marketing you do and the way it is built, it can succeed. I laugh when people talk about starting a business and can’t come up with a name, the whole time they’re focusing on the wrong thing. To be honest, I like Answers current logo and my favorite is the fourth one from the bottom. I suppose it gives me the most nastalgia.

And to the guy saying “it’s hsrd to make a logo out of “answer” I get what you’re saying, but people aren’t buying the gear for the way the logo looks. Notice the people ignoring the gear that has a well designed logo, and proceeding to buy gear from FLY and Fasthouse that have no logo and simply just say “Fly Racing or Fasthouse.” It’s all in the marketing dude.

|

7/24/2018 6:47 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

Funny. They must change logos every year. Here are some others:

[LINK TO IMAGE]


2 different logos in the same package:

Photo

Photo

The vintage look is always a winner!

|



7/24/2018 7:07 PM

I always like Answer threads because I get to stroll down memory lane.



Photo

|

7/24/2018 7:11 PM

That's sick Slipdog!

I ran Answer back in 06
Photo

|

United States of America

7/24/2018 8:29 PM

Photo
|

7/24/2018 8:57 PM

just claiming trade marks to block other companies.

|

7/24/2018 9:55 PM

I’ve always loved Answer gear and my son likes it too.
Photo

|

7/24/2018 10:47 PM

I bought this set of Answer gear in 2001. I still like this logo the best. It's a nice clean design.

Photo

( oh and the gear still fits me in 2018 - that's gotta be a win right? laughing )

|

7/24/2018 10:59 PM

Man I agree. I had some green Answer gear with the anarchy looking logo and my first set of gear was some 90’s looking scribble stuff. It was okay at the time but I haven’t liked their stuff for a while. They need a clean simple looking logo imo.

Shift used to have the double-bar equality looking thing, and the logo they have now is pretty clean and recognizable. They made a nice comeback

|

7/24/2018 11:20 PM

Whatever happened to 661 gear?

|

7/24/2018 11:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2018 11:46 PM

Photo

New answer logo is a take on the Dymond era, which is pretty damn cool in my book. Went back and wanted something in that triangle shape. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've been a fan of the brand since 95, and yes some logo decisions down the road i don't completely agree with, but the evolution of this new logo gives us our "WE" back. You can thank Bubba for the "ANSR"
|

7/25/2018 5:55 AM

The '04-'05 era was my favorite as far as looks and the logo are concerned, and The Fonz made it look great too. I had this colorway along with a few others and their vented stuff that year. Lasted a long long time. If Alias doesn't resurface I may go back with Answer, I like some of the new stuff they have now.

Photo

|

7/25/2018 6:09 AM

Loved the '80s stuff and the Ernie stuff just above. I'm okay with all their logos except the ANSR and the newest one. I wore their gear 2005-2008 or so due to their contingency program in our local series. It was good stuff and held up well.

|

7/25/2018 6:13 AM

danzig138 wrote: Photo

New answer logo is a take on the Dymond era, which is pretty damn cool in my book. Went back and wanted something in that triangle shape. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've been a fan of the brand since 95, and yes some logo decisions down the road i don't completely agree with, but the evolution of this new logo gives us our "WE" back. You can thank Bubba for the "ANSR"

I didn't pick up on the triangle relationship to the Dymond era. While the ad you posted takes you through the progression, it's kind of like the logos themselves. It doesn't flow. Start top left, then down, then back up as you work yourself across. It just seems broken. I guess it's hard to be different in that market.

|