Giuseppe Luongo on Red Bud and his view on why Tomac might never race MXGP!

KDXGarage
9/25/2018 10:07pm
Teillet
Rammette
Soubeyras
Ferandis
Musquin
Roczen
Reed
Locurcio
Rodriguez
Alves
Meurs
Macler
Marrone

etc. all thought enough of SX to give it a try this year

Question
9/25/2018 10:31pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Teillet
Rammette
Soubeyras
Ferandis
Musquin
Roczen
Reed
Locurcio
Rodriguez
Alves
Meurs
Macler
Marrone

etc. all thought enough of SX to give it a try this year

I will add:

Yannis Irsuti too, french sx champ in 17 (and at least twice runner up) in mx2 on a zook.

And Valentin Teillet raced only 1 nationals, not sx, but he did 2 top 10, in a mudder and if I remember well on a 350 !
make1go
9/25/2018 11:12pm
early wrote:
Do you travel for work? How much fun is that vs a vacation on your own time?
ask rockstars.....see being the 'stars' of the show kinda just makes it a HUGE difference than being sent to somewhere to slug it out with diff cultures, laws, food with little support...

KDXGarage
9/25/2018 11:14pm
Thanks for the addition and correction.

Merci!

The Shop

JFerry
9/25/2018 11:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 11:53pm
I am not sure who has to travel more. IN MXGP you have 5 races not in europe. But the rest, if you are based on The Low Countries, you can even have a ride to many GP´s.
By the way, expecting Herlings in the AMA. I think that was the idea. But let´s say you are on your first year in 450. You fly to America, get a new team, get a new championship, new track, get a new bike which doesn´t even look like yours. In the race you start the last and you are able to finish first. Now that you are in your second year, way faster than last year, if financially you are OK where you are, it doesn´t look very tempting idea.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/26/2018 3:34am
make1go wrote:
ask rockstars.....see being the 'stars' of the show kinda just makes it a HUGE difference than being sent to somewhere to slug it out with diff...
ask rockstars.....see being the 'stars' of the show kinda just makes it a HUGE difference than being sent to somewhere to slug it out with diff cultures, laws, food with little support...

This is probably the dumbest comparison you could ever make.
Rs444
9/27/2018 12:41am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 12:56am
Big American names will go to europe sooner or later, either loungo will provoke them enough to wanna go to europe to prove him wrong or he will buy the riders to make the gp's the kind of moto gp like championship that he wants to make it into. And frankly not to disrespect anyone but i can see tomac going over sooner or later if he wins some more titles. He seems to like racing the gp guys, he loves deep sand tracks, have said himself that he wants to travel the world and seems to like mx over sx to be honest so it would not surprise me. Wouldnt be too surprised if barcia goes over either when after he said that he likes it more in the uk than home and after he gets married to an English girl if he could find a factory ride like the one he has now.
DoubleA
9/27/2018 1:12am
Maybe this is why Tomac don't want to race the "prestigious WORLD MXGP series" [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/25/289423/s1200_Image_1.jpg[/img] What a fucking joke half of these tracks are. Race there...
Maybe this is why Tomac don't want to race the "prestigious WORLD MXGP series"

What a fucking joke half of these tracks are.

Race there or somewhere like below, such a hard choice.....

MXGP also has some of the best tracks in the world which vary week to week and are not all just a similar surface.
Nationals runs the same tracks year in year out, MXGP has tons too choose from, rounds change every year.

Bearuno
9/27/2018 1:34am
Hey DoubleA , you can't show pictures of tracks that don't suit the twonkers narrative that all the MXGP tracks are at Road Race circuits!

The picture of the Washougal whoops does back up the importance, well, no, the supremacy of SX in the States. That shit does not belong on an MX track. Leave the "dudder dudder dudder dudder dudder dudder dudder dudder and ever and anon, for the tiny little tracks in stadiums. They need that sort of thing to satisfy the blood lust of spectators sitting in the stands. One of the few good ideas of the FIM years ago, was banning the bloody things on MXGP tracks. Their take on doubles? - well, there's quads out there now that the MXGP and MX2 riders clear nowadays. The 'Jumpification' of MX is everywhere and , unending.
KDXGarage
9/27/2018 2:54am
Bearuno, glad you could find YET ANOTHER thread in which you use "blood" and "SX" in the same rehash of a reply. Congrats.
Prejump
9/27/2018 2:56am
Rs444 wrote:
Big American names will go to europe sooner or later, either loungo will provoke them enough to wanna go to europe to prove him wrong or...
Big American names will go to europe sooner or later, either loungo will provoke them enough to wanna go to europe to prove him wrong or he will buy the riders to make the gp's the kind of moto gp like championship that he wants to make it into. And frankly not to disrespect anyone but i can see tomac going over sooner or later if he wins some more titles. He seems to like racing the gp guys, he loves deep sand tracks, have said himself that he wants to travel the world and seems to like mx over sx to be honest so it would not surprise me. Wouldnt be too surprised if barcia goes over either when after he said that he likes it more in the uk than home and after he gets married to an English girl if he could find a factory ride like the one he has now.
Yep I agree with that.

I think the tide has clearly changed on which is the most competitive outdoor series.

Really all that needs to happen is a couple of individuals express a personal wish to go conquer a proper world series 7 bring the title home.

SX maybe great at generating money, but its not motocross & does not come close to the experience of completing a full world series.

Hopefully someone at the highest level will get inspired enough to make it happen.

Can you imagine the US MXGP round mid season with Eli or whoever fighting for red plate against the worlds best, cant see how any real mx fan wouldn't want that.
9/27/2018 3:57am
Prejump wrote:
Yep I agree with that. I think the tide has clearly changed on which is the most competitive outdoor series. Really all that needs to happen...
Yep I agree with that.

I think the tide has clearly changed on which is the most competitive outdoor series.

Really all that needs to happen is a couple of individuals express a personal wish to go conquer a proper world series 7 bring the title home.

SX maybe great at generating money, but its not motocross & does not come close to the experience of completing a full world series.

Hopefully someone at the highest level will get inspired enough to make it happen.

Can you imagine the US MXGP round mid season with Eli or whoever fighting for red plate against the worlds best, cant see how any real mx fan wouldn't want that.
Nope, not agree with that.

For me, the most competitive place is still the SX & MX in the United states because i see it as a whole. Stop spliting the series ! The same riders compete on both series so you have to bring your A-Game in SX and MX.

So i would rather imagine Herlings coming in America, that would be much more exciting !

And by the way, Gajser is likely to come such as Prado so that's two world champ expressing their wishes to come to race in the US ! Even if they don't come, you can see here which series is more attractive, does any of the best AMA riders express their wishes to race the GP ? Plain and simple, no.

I am not saying Tomac to the GP is not exciting but i prefer the other way around (and i'm quite sur the "majority" thinks like me).
Wouterb
9/27/2018 4:28am
Prejump wrote:
Yep I agree with that. I think the tide has clearly changed on which is the most competitive outdoor series. Really all that needs to happen...
Yep I agree with that.

Nope, not agree with that. For me, the most competitive place is still the SX & MX in the United states because i see it as...
Nope, not agree with that.

For me, the most competitive place is still the SX & MX in the United states because i see it as a whole. Stop spliting the series ! The same riders compete on both series so you have to bring your A-Game in SX and MX.

So i would rather imagine Herlings coming in America, that would be much more exciting !

And by the way, Gajser is likely to come such as Prado so that's two world champ expressing their wishes to come to race in the US ! Even if they don't come, you can see here which series is more attractive, does any of the best AMA riders express their wishes to race the GP ? Plain and simple, no.

I am not saying Tomac to the GP is not exciting but i prefer the other way around (and i'm quite sur the "majority" thinks like me).
SX and MX are two seperate Championships, so no overall series.

And I think you are wrong. I think world wide there's more interest in MXGP than in SX and there must surely be more interest world wide for the MXGP than for he US MX nationals. But that's just my thought :-)
Bearuno
9/27/2018 4:35am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 4:40am
KDXGarage wrote:
Bearuno, glad you could find YET ANOTHER thread in which you use "blood" and "SX" in the same rehash of a reply. Congrats.
Glad you liked it.

It's entirely appropriate - 'blood' and 'SX'.

It's what so many of the fans, most of which who are not Motocross fans, or riders, go to SX for. Next time you are at one, just have a look around you. Heck, It looks like I might be at a couple of US rounds next year, and I'm sure I'll see plenty of spectators of that ilk.Just as I have seen over a few decades, now. It's the nature of Stadium sports. Casual (largely) 'fans', out to see the carnage, in comfort. Whereas I, and I would hope, you, are there to see talented racers, Race .

My posts are never re-hashes. I'd suggest you 'Up' your reading comprehension, if you can.

ajv#26
9/27/2018 5:12am
Read this is funny, because america have some #worldchampionships" at home like baseball and some others... as for dirtbike they have some too like 'twostroke wc", etc... they are always "the beste" in everything!
I bet if tomac or other american rider win a motocross world tittle some of you will shit the pants and then the motocross world tittle has the big deal!!!Whistling
ATKpilot99
9/27/2018 5:24am
KDXGarage wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Glad you liked it. It's entirely appropriate - 'blood' and 'SX'. It's what so many of the fans, most of which who are not Motocross fans...
Glad you liked it.

It's what so many of the fans, most of which who are not Motocross fans, or riders, go to SX for. Next time you are at one, just have a look around you. Heck, It looks like I might be at a couple of US rounds next year, and I'm sure I'll see plenty of spectators of that ilk.Just as I have seen over a few decades, now. It's the nature of Stadium sports. Casual (largely) 'fans', out to see the carnage, in comfort. Whereas I, and I would hope, you, are there to see talented racers, Race .

My posts are never re-hashes. I'd suggest you 'Up' your reading comprehension, if you can.

If you have such disdain for SX why do you follow it ?
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/27/2018 5:44am
ajv#26 wrote:
Read this is funny, because america have some #worldchampionships" at home like baseball and some others... as for dirtbike they have some too like 'twostroke wc"...
Read this is funny, because america have some #worldchampionships" at home like baseball and some others... as for dirtbike they have some too like 'twostroke wc", etc... they are always "the beste" in everything!
I bet if tomac or other american rider win a motocross world tittle some of you will shit the pants and then the motocross world tittle has the big deal!!!Whistling
Baseball was invented in America and the moniker World Series Champion was established before other countries caught onto the game. It's still all the best players from all over the world. Other world championships (2t WC, Vet WC) are in name only and everyone knows that.

The number of Euros requesting the presence of American riders in the GPs far outweighs the call from Americans for the GP stars to come here. If they want to great, glad to have them. Of course it's difficult to go from what you are used to, to a different series in a different land no matter which side of the Atlantic that is on. As proof of that there hasn't been a European rider that has come to the US and dominated the SX or MX series immediately. Same with Americans going to the GPs (although the sample size is much smaller). Accept that alot of riders like the lifestyle of racing in America, and also accept the fact that this is a pretty good country regardless of what the news would have you believe.
JFerry
9/27/2018 6:20am
Mxgp is more like a Ktm cup. Bikes and costs are too expensive. They should adopt AMA approach and not allow prototypes. This way private teams will have a better chance to be more competitive. Somehow they have to reduce the costs.
make1go
9/27/2018 6:58am
early wrote:
This is probably the dumbest comparison you could ever make.
dear mr got no idea,
you ever heard of the song "to drunk to fck"? well.....if it were about you, it would be "to dumb to fck"...

early
Fantasy
2212th
9/27/2018 7:01am
make1go wrote:
dear mr got no idea, you ever heard of the song "to drunk to fck"? well.....if it were about you, it would be "to dumb to...
dear mr got no idea,
you ever heard of the song "to drunk to fck"? well.....if it were about you, it would be "to dumb to fck"...

Smart enough for your mom
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/27/2018 7:47am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 9:35am
Bearuno wrote:
Glad you liked it. It's entirely appropriate - 'blood' and 'SX'. It's what so many of the fans, most of which who are not Motocross fans...
Glad you liked it.

I would love to see where a select few of you get your SX fans are not Motocross fans. I have been going to SX and MX races my whole life. I know I'm a low bro idiot for going to Supercross and something like that is below Motocross which is for the intellectual elites of the world. I know I'm an idiot and so is 95% of Vital then including every moderator on here. But when I go to SX it's with the same group of us that go to the Nationals as well and how come every one I know that goes to the Nationals goes to Supercross too? But how? How can this be? You and a couple others on here say SX is for non "fans". Are the fans I see that clearly know about both SX and MX holograms? I'm so confused! If so, SX is a little more sophiscated if they are using that kind of technology. Now I'm scared what other technology does field have that we don't know about?

You SX hating wankers are like the Metallica fans that got pissed when they cut their hair but still go to every show and know every word to every song.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/27/2018 7:50am
What GL is describing is neutral and reflects that the title World Champion is diluted in motocross because of the talent split between two geographically distinct series. IMO that's a natural reflection of off road motorcycling's relatively small economy; it can't support a global series littered with gold and unicorns.

Frankly, the current structure creates more opportunities for riders to make money, and that will mean it makes better sense for guys to go where they can make at the best living for themselves.
DoubleA
9/27/2018 8:12am
Park Boys wrote:
I would love to see where a select few of you get your SX fans are not Motocross fans. I have been going to SX and...
I would love to see where a select few of you get your SX fans are not Motocross fans. I have been going to SX and MX races my whole life. I know I'm a low bro idiot for going to Supercross and something like that is below Motocross which is for the intellectual elites of the world. I know I'm an idiot and so is 95% of Vital then including every moderator on here. But when I go to SX it's with the same group of us that go to the Nationals as well and how come every one I know that goes to the Nationals goes to Supercross too? But how? How can this be? You and a couple others on here say SX is for non "fans". Are the fans I see that clearly know about both SX and MX holograms? I'm so confused! If so, SX is a little more sophiscated if they are using that kind of technology. Now I'm scared what other technology does field have that we don't know about?

You SX hating wankers are like the Metallica fans that got pissed when they cut their hair but still go to every show and know every word to every song.
I think what people like Bearuno are trying to get at is SX is cool not as much as MX. But people think that because more people go to SX makes it better than MX. How many of you guys have wives or husbands here who wont go stand in a muddy field and watch MX but will go sit in a stadium under shelter. That is probably one of the biggest attraction to people who aren't really interested in SX/MX. I wont go watch football out in the rain but i'll quite happily go in a stadium and watch same principle really.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
9/27/2018 8:17am
Anyway, i prefer live in the usa, training tracks are better, a lot of choice...that's not the case in EU. You can free ride without being afraid of the police or environmentalist so if u love MX, USA it's the place to be.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/27/2018 8:40am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 8:42am
Park Boys wrote:
I would love to see where a select few of you get your SX fans are not Motocross fans. I have been going to SX and...

DoubleA wrote:
I think what people like Bearuno are trying to get at is SX is cool not as much as MX. But people think that because more...
I think what people like Bearuno are trying to get at is SX is cool not as much as MX. But people think that because more people go to SX makes it better than MX. How many of you guys have wives or husbands here who wont go stand in a muddy field and watch MX but will go sit in a stadium under shelter. That is probably one of the biggest attraction to people who aren't really interested in SX/MX. I wont go watch football out in the rain but i'll quite happily go in a stadium and watch same principle really.
I like Motocross more, most of us on here do. But the way some of em try and belittle SX is stupid. It's like they are jealous of it. SX is great for marketing and for making the whole sport bigger. Some of the people on here think the SX business model of attracting new fans is idiotic. Stop and look at what you write. SX attracts new fans and that's bad for the sport? What kind of idiot thinks that? The more people the better, the higher the ratings the better. You want the sport to die off when us so called core guys go? I don't get it. Espically when you bash SX on a .com site filled with people that like Supercross. Maybe not as much as Motocross, but to me if you have a year like RC05, RD10 and RV11 that's it. Nothing beats that. That's the king of racing on this style of bikes. Some talk like American tracks lack diversity. Well watch Tomac and February and then watch him July and tell me how much more of a diverse set of skills Gasjer has compared to Tomac. And for those of you who think they are different sports, they are different genres of the same discipline. The manufactures, gear companies and personal sponsors in the states pay you to win at both SX/MX not just one. So it's highly relevant when people lump SX and MX together here in the states.
9/27/2018 9:06am
Park Boys wrote:
I like Motocross more, most of us on here do. But the way some of em try and belittle SX is stupid. It's like they are...
I like Motocross more, most of us on here do. But the way some of em try and belittle SX is stupid. It's like they are jealous of it. SX is great for marketing and for making the whole sport bigger. Some of the people on here think the SX business model of attracting new fans is idiotic. Stop and look at what you write. SX attracts new fans and that's bad for the sport? What kind of idiot thinks that? The more people the better, the higher the ratings the better. You want the sport to die off when us so called core guys go? I don't get it. Espically when you bash SX on a .com site filled with people that like Supercross. Maybe not as much as Motocross, but to me if you have a year like RC05, RD10 and RV11 that's it. Nothing beats that. That's the king of racing on this style of bikes. Some talk like American tracks lack diversity. Well watch Tomac and February and then watch him July and tell me how much more of a diverse set of skills Gasjer has compared to Tomac. And for those of you who think they are different sports, they are different genres of the same discipline. The manufactures, gear companies and personal sponsors in the states pay you to win at both SX/MX not just one. So it's highly relevant when people lump SX and MX together here in the states.
This X10000000. You summarized it all and i am not from USA but i’m soo agree with all of that.

Nothing beat an SX&Nationals title the same year.

And for the record, about your previous answer, here too in France the same group of people follows and goes to the SX race and MX race because it is the SAME sport !

Anyway, Park Boys for president !
Titan1
9/27/2018 11:28am
Park Boys wrote:

DoubleA wrote:
I think what people like Bearuno are trying to get at is SX is cool not as much as MX. But people think that because more...
Park Boys wrote:
I like Motocross more, most of us on here do. But the way some of em try and belittle SX is stupid. It's like they are...
AaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnD....End Thread!

That's a wrap boys...great job.

(Perfectly said).
DonM
9/28/2018 1:20pm
Park Boys wrote:
Well that pretty much sums it up...great post!
clem
9/28/2018 2:45pm
I'm picking up what Park Boys is putting down. I can certainly tell you that to belittle SX is nonsense. The amount of skill it takes to go around a SX track on a motorcycle is massive. I can bet you that most of us can go a decent speed around any motocross track and have fun doing it while even more of us would get hurt badly trying to run a decent pace on a SX track, especially one from the late 90's - early 2000's. It takes some serious skills to do what those guys do in the so called side show.
As far as spectating, I would rather attend an outdoor motocross event, either US nats or MXGP if I had to choose.
9/28/2018 3:01pm
you have missed a lot of excellent racing the women this year have been off the charts and then the axe killer classes (125, 250, 300)...
you have missed a lot of excellent racing

the women this year have been off the charts and then the axe killer classes (125, 250, 300) are just scrappers all the time, the 120 deal is for A LOT of great racing Smile
early wrote:
I don't have a ton of extra time to watch the races of the support classes. I have the MotoGP pass and I've watched maybe 2...
I don't have a ton of extra time to watch the races of the support classes. I have the MotoGP pass and I've watched maybe 2 Moto2 or Moto3 races this year. The AMA series and MotoGP have provided more than enough action to keep me entertained.
agreed, i have only had time to keep up with all two wheel stuff due to being stay at home dad this last 12 months. best job ever.

still though, in the off season if you get bored there is a lot to catch up on and worth while for a MX fan who likes racing regardless of series

Post a reply to: Giuseppe Luongo on Red Bud and his view on why Tomac might never race MXGP!

The Latest