Giuseppe Luongo/Villopoto/Stewart

Bineano
Edited Date/Time 1/11/2015 2:20am
This may be a bit of a stretch, but...
Is it possible Giuseppe had anything to do with the crazy long suspension of Stewart?
I apologize if this has been brought up before...

The more steam you take away from the AMA series, the more "clout" the GP's hold.
Kinda like when the NHL lockouts happen...all of a sudden those "lesser League" games rise up notch or two.
When the rumour first started with Villo (AMA star #1) going to the GP's, EVERYBODY said it won't happen.
It did...

Now Stewart (AMA star #2- rank them where ever, they both were HUGE draws) and the bullish*t suspension...
It seems the FIM involvement may be taking advantage of any mis-step. Even the AMA guys were WTF?
We'll see an early sign with fan attendance at SX events perhaps?

Somewhere, I bet Luongo and crew are smiling.

|
Skippie
1/10/2015 9:48pm
Why would the FIM want to hurt arguably the most popular racing series that they sanction?
Bineano
1/10/2015 10:09pm
Skippie wrote:
Why would the FIM want to hurt arguably the most popular racing series that they sanction?
Would you feel the AMA SX is closer to his heart (wallet) than the GP's?
Skippie
1/10/2015 10:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 10:31pm
Bineano wrote:
You're under the impression that Luongo run's the FIM? If he did this would be a valid point, but he doesn't and if we are talking money, SX brings in waaaaay more money then GPs.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/10/2015 10:45pm
Skippie wrote:
Moto GP destroys SX in popularity, attendance, and TV viewership,

in Answer to the OP,

no, Stewarts fate was sealed when WADA appealed the light ban given to Ant West, the aussie moto 2 rider,

The Shop

Bineano
1/10/2015 10:45pm
I realize he doesn't own the FIM, but I bet he is by far the biggest influence over there.
SX may bring in more cash, but not to his benefit...
Again, it just bolsters the GP's that much more.
I'm not really against that either (it IS a business too after all), but it seems Stewart has been short changed in this ordeal.
APLMAN99
1/10/2015 10:46pm
Skippie wrote:
Luongo runs Youthstream, not the FIM. Youthstream could potentially compete with Feld for sponsorship money. For example, if Monster were to cut their budget and have to drop either the GP series or the Supercross series.......

Not that I believe that Luongo had any direct involvement in the Stewart issue at all, though.
chrisbuehler
1/10/2015 10:47pm
scott_nz wrote:
Moto GP destroys SX in popularity, attendance, and TV viewership, in Answer to the OP, no, Stewarts fate was sealed when WADA appealed the light ban...

in Answer to the OP,

no, Stewarts fate was sealed when WADA appealed the light ban given to Ant West, the aussie moto 2 rider,
And it's nowhere as boss at SX and moto so let's call it a wash
Bruce372
1/10/2015 11:04pm
the only reason James Stewart isnt racing right now is James Stewart!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/10/2015 11:09pm
scott_nz wrote:
Moto GP destroys SX in popularity, attendance, and TV viewership, in Answer to the OP, no, Stewarts fate was sealed when WADA appealed the light ban...

in Answer to the OP,

go sit in a Spanish or Italian crowd at a moto GP race and tell me its not "boss"

Crush
1/11/2015 12:07am
There is not enough aluminum foil to make this hat...

What the fuck is wrong with people.

WADA's rules.
enketchum
1/11/2015 12:30am
WADA is in control of this. If anyone pressured the FIM to give a shorter term for the ban, WADA would step in and lengthen the term
kongols
1/11/2015 12:56am
Bineano wrote:
Skippie wrote:
You're under the impression that Luongo run's the FIM? If he did this would be a valid point, but he doesn't and if we are talking...
You're under the impression that Luongo run's the FIM? If he did this would be a valid point, but he doesn't and if we are talking money, SX brings in waaaaay more money then GPs.
All the heads of FIM are in his pocket and has shares in Youthstream.
Juss
1/11/2015 1:02am
scott_nz wrote:

in Answer to the OP,

scott_nz wrote:
go sit in a Spanish or Italian crowd at a moto GP race and tell me its not "boss"

Put the fucking crack pipe down
shuggs
1/11/2015 2:02am
And the new WADA rules that getting caught mean 4 year ban were brought in by GL as well??? As conspiracy theories go it's way out there
DP#201
1/11/2015 2:20am
Bineano wrote:
This may be a bit of a stretch, but... Is it possible Giuseppe had anything to do with the crazy long suspension of Stewart? I apologize...
This may be a bit of a stretch, but...
Is it possible Giuseppe had anything to do with the crazy long suspension of Stewart?
I apologize if this has been brought up before...

The more steam you take away from the AMA series, the more "clout" the GP's hold.
Kinda like when the NHL lockouts happen...all of a sudden those "lesser League" games rise up notch or two.
When the rumour first started with Villo (AMA star #1) going to the GP's, EVERYBODY said it won't happen.
It did...

Now Stewart (AMA star #2- rank them where ever, they both were HUGE draws) and the bullish*t suspension...
It seems the FIM involvement may be taking advantage of any mis-step. Even the AMA guys were WTF?
We'll see an early sign with fan attendance at SX events perhaps?

Somewhere, I bet Luongo and crew are smiling.

Maybe... just Maybe.. It also was the FIM, who stood by the assassination of JFK in 1963..

Post a reply to: Giuseppe Luongo/Villopoto/Stewart

The Latest