Girls/Women in Supercross

level
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2012 5:31pm
Are they allowed to try and qualify for the night show? I'm assuming they are but never really thought about it.
|
500guy
2/23/2012 2:27pm
level wrote:
Are they allowed to try and qualify for the night show? I'm assuming they are but never really thought about it.
They can go to Pro-Am qualifiers and gain points towards.

The Rule Book say's nothing about Gender
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/23/2012 2:34pm
level wrote:
a few years ago, (prob 10) Tania Satchwell and another girl tried to qualify for the night show but did not get very close,
Rizzo
2/23/2012 4:19pm
level wrote:
There are a bunch of them, the 2 most dominant teams are Monster, they are on the podium every night and Rockstar a close second

The Shop

CRF107
2/23/2012 5:21pm
Vicki Golden was close to getting her SX license last year through Arenacross with the hopes of trying to qualify for SX. She tried again this year riding for Babbitt's Kawi, but a preseason injury has held her back all season.

To answer your question, they are allowed if they qualify for a SX license, just like any other guy. There have been several exceptions in the past, but none of them really were licensed.

In 2009 Feld had a few girls come out to San Diego and ride after press day. They wanted to see if they could ride the track, and considered an exibition at Anaheim in conjuntion with the Breast Cancer Race. Vicki, Sherri, JP, and Sara Price rode with a privateer they sent on the track with them. With the exception of Price, all of the girls were able to do the jumps like the guy they had out there, and Vicki even did one combo before the guy did. Unfortunately Sherri hit the triple in the the wrong gear and went over the bars. Feld decided against letting them do an exibition race.
Old Mate
2/23/2012 5:31pm
Meg has ridden Superx in AUS since she was 13yrs on a 250f, there was 1 triple in canberra track 2010 that she didnt jump but has jumped every obsticle on every other track for the last 4 seasons. Would she qualify for a main in the usa,no. Gavin Faith has only just qualified some rounds and he came 2nd in our series but Meg does qualify for finals in Aus.

Post a reply to: Girls/Women in Supercross

The Latest