Getting ironed on patches off jersey?

Rickyisms
Bought a set of gear after being told the patches would come off by the guy selling it on here, he shipped it and later in the day AFTER shipping it messaged me saying he couldn't get the patches off, pretty PO'ed.

Anyone know how to get patches off thin jersey material?
|
Socia
Fantasy
2264th
8/1/2018 5:22pm
Heat gun or blow drier then goo gone inside and out.. if all else fails hit up a local screen printing/vinyl shop and see if they have anything that can get it off. A shop I worked at had a gun that shot solvent through the inside of jerseys, it ate the adhesive and the pressure blew enough of the patch/numbers/whatever off to where you could peel.
plowboy
8/1/2018 5:29pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Bought a set of gear after being told the patches would come off by the guy selling it on here, he shipped it and later in...
Bought a set of gear after being told the patches would come off by the guy selling it on here, he shipped it and later in the day AFTER shipping it messaged me saying he couldn't get the patches off, pretty PO'ed.

Anyone know how to get patches off thin jersey material?
A pair of scissors..snip snip...gone. Bonus...vented jersey. I kid...unless this is some kind of vintage gear you want to restore what does it matter?
Rickyisms
8/1/2018 6:41pm
Socia wrote:
Heat gun or blow drier then goo gone inside and out.. if all else fails hit up a local screen printing/vinyl shop and see if they...
Heat gun or blow drier then goo gone inside and out.. if all else fails hit up a local screen printing/vinyl shop and see if they have anything that can get it off. A shop I worked at had a gun that shot solvent through the inside of jerseys, it ate the adhesive and the pressure blew enough of the patch/numbers/whatever off to where you could peel.
Thanks, I'll go pick up some goo gone tomorrow and give it a whirl.
PJ205
8/1/2018 6:46pm
Good luck. I've tried to peel that stuff off before, but just gave up and wore a chest protector. That stuff is annoying to remove! Let us know if Goo Gone works.

The Shop

Rickyisms
8/2/2018 8:39am
PJ205 wrote:
Good luck. I've tried to peel that stuff off before, but just gave up and wore a chest protector. That stuff is annoying to remove! Let...
Good luck. I've tried to peel that stuff off before, but just gave up and wore a chest protector. That stuff is annoying to remove! Let us know if Goo Gone works.
I have been using rubbing alcohol by pouring a small amount covering the logo on this inside of the jersey and waiting about 30 seconds, then gently peal it off like a sticker. Working ok.
ZB93
8/2/2018 2:31pm
Anyone know where to the thin iron-on logos for jerseys made?
aedwards07
8/2/2018 2:49pm
I make the thin printed iron on jersey logos. Email me at austin@mgxunlimited.com. I also just started selling heat transfer removal fluid. It retails for $19.95. Surprisingly it works very well. Put some on the backside of the transfer, let it sit for a second and then stretch the jersey a little to break the bond and it comes off.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
8/2/2018 7:16pm
Who was the seller? I’m certain a few of us would like to avoid this same situation.
Rickyisms
8/3/2018 8:16am
T-Fish wrote:
Who was the seller? I’m certain a few of us would like to avoid this same situation.
Max Schwartz AKA dirtbike-depot.com, I didnt really wanna drop a name and start anything but it is kind of ridiculous when I confirm with him twice he can take the logos off no problem, tell him again after I place the order, go on a cruise out of the country with no phone service, and when i get stateside again I received a message while I was on my cruise that he had trouble getting them off but still shipped them anyway.

Rooster
8/3/2018 8:29am
methylene chloride

From the wiki: It is used in the garment printing industry for removal of heat-sealed garment transfers,
ledger
8/4/2018 1:28am
Been about a hundred years ago, but I removed a few patches using boiling water.
navalseabee
8/4/2018 4:25am
Let us know if you get it figured out, I'd like to have this trick in my pocket.
Rickyisms
8/4/2018 11:00am
Let us know if you get it figured out, I'd like to have this trick in my pocket.
It took a while but it worked.

I turned the jersey inside out and laid it on the bench, I poured enough rubbing alcohol on it too soak the logo, turned it off and doused it again on the other side. If you have good finger nails you could start it with them, or use a thin blade like a razor to start peeling an edge.

Once you have an edge up slowly peel the patch off, Always pull from the bottom. Most of them on mine came off like peeling a sticker off.

I thought the rubbing alcohol would've took the adhesive residue with it but I was wrong. I laid the jersey on the bench again and poured dawn dish soap on the adhesive, Let it soak on there for a minute or two.

Take a microfiber cloth and wet it with hot water, and smear the soap over all the glue, then buff.

On some areas I had to do this more than once but in the end it came out good.
nch209
8/4/2018 5:03pm
^ Good for you getting them off. I had to do this with proxgraphix screwed me on a jersey lettering deal and I couldnt get the damn things off so to the trash it went. Glad you had better luck. Mind sharing whether it was a bigger seller or a smaller seller? I ask because I almost pulled the trigger on an item recently UNTIL I requested another pic... which showed the opposite side VERY beat up. lol
Rickyisms
8/5/2018 4:11pm
nch209 wrote:
^ Good for you getting them off. I had to do this with proxgraphix screwed me on a jersey lettering deal and I couldnt get the...
^ Good for you getting them off. I had to do this with proxgraphix screwed me on a jersey lettering deal and I couldnt get the damn things off so to the trash it went. Glad you had better luck. Mind sharing whether it was a bigger seller or a smaller seller? I ask because I almost pulled the trigger on an item recently UNTIL I requested another pic... which showed the opposite side VERY beat up. lol
Read my post above Rooster's, I have had good luck with ryan at mxlockers.com though. Won't be ordering from Max.

Post a reply to: Getting ironed on patches off jersey?

The Latest