Get outside sponsors

TurdFerguson
Fantasy
2925th
3/23/2022 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 1:48am
How can we get more outside sponsors? Do the riders need to go out looking or do we wait for them to come to us? Did Chevy come to Ricky or did he approach them?
|
chump6784
3/24/2022 1:46am
More riders need to hit up only fans chicks. Seems to pay off pretty well for both parties
flarider
3/24/2022 3:54am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2022 3:56am
Riders and teams need to become more media savvy

Riders need to market themselves like a product. Learn to speak to a crowd and into a mic. Take advantage of social media. If a 10 yr old can make millions on Tik Tok, a rider or team should be able to dream up some content.

We, as riders and/or fans need an attitude change toward sponsors as well, they come and they go, doesn't make one evil when they leave, it's a budget thing. If I was a major conglomo and someone said "Boss, look at this, this is Vital MX, the #1 motocross board on line, and look at the skewering they are doing to Geico, who poured millions of dollars into their sport."

That was terrible to read

Bikes and riders do not have enough billboard space. If the camera zooms in on them, no where is the sponsor logo easily seen. I know people hate body panels...but

Slaterskins
3/24/2022 5:15am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2022 5:18am
flarider wrote:
Riders and teams need to become more media savvy Riders need to market themselves like a product. Learn to speak to a crowd and into a...

Riders need to market themselves like a product. Learn to speak to a crowd and into a mic. Take advantage of social media. If a 10 yr old can make millions on Tik Tok, a rider or team should be able to dream up some content.

We, as riders and/or fans need an attitude change toward sponsors as well, they come and they go, doesn't make one evil when they leave, it's a budget thing. If I was a major conglomo and someone said "Boss, look at this, this is Vital MX, the #1 motocross board on line, and look at the skewering they are doing to Geico, who poured millions of dollars into their sport."

Bikes and riders do not have enough billboard space. If the camera zooms in on them, no where is the sponsor logo easily seen. I know people hate body panels...but

I agree 👍

The Shop

flarider
3/24/2022 6:11am
flarider wrote:
Riders and teams need to become more media savvy Riders need to market themselves like a product. Learn to speak to a crowd and into a...

I agree 👍
I bet you do

You guys know I have always been on your team. They make too much sense.

Old days, you could complain about needing to plug change (2 stroke) or cooling with four strokes, but we know more now and with electric fans, virtually eliminate heat retention issues.

There is a system in big time racing, can't remember name, where your logo's screen time is measured to the second. They scan videos of events, provide total screen time and assess a value. That lack of logo space is always a problem. That's why the smart companies, knowing this from extreme sports, going after helmets and hats and undersides of hats.

More visibility, more money
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
3/24/2022 6:48am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/24/539840/s1200_B2CC6CD5_A51D_44D8_8A0F_33B9EE97A659.jpg[/img]

😬
Crash217
3/24/2022 6:57am
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this.... It sure would be nice if I could go onto the @Slaterskins website and order a set of those side panels...
Slaterskins
3/24/2022 7:05am
Crash217 wrote:
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this.... It sure would be nice if I could go onto the @Slaterskins website...
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this.... It sure would be nice if I could go onto the @Slaterskins website and order a set of those side panels...
Crash217 email me at slaterskins@gmail.com or call me 203 878 2379 we can get it done
I need someone to build me a site
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
3/24/2022 7:12am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2022 7:13am
We've got outside sponsors... Monster, red Bull, Rockstar- none of them are core Moto products.
We also had Blue Buffalo but the team was a disaster and no amount of signage could help
Slaterskins
3/24/2022 7:23am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2022 7:32am
We've got outside sponsors... Monster, red Bull, Rockstar- none of them are core Moto products.
GrapeApe wrote:
We also had Blue Buffalo but the team was a disaster and no amount of signage could help
You had a blue Buffalo team also no kidding
My team worked out great for me sorry to hear about yours, maybe next time you’ll do better

LungButter
3/24/2022 7:32am
You had a blue Buffalo team also no kidding My team worked out great for me sorry to hear about yours, maybe next time you’ll do...
My team worked out great for me sorry to hear about yours, maybe next time you’ll do better

Are you allowed at Glen Helen?
Slaterskins
3/24/2022 7:34am
You had a blue Buffalo team also no kidding My team worked out great for me sorry to hear about yours, maybe next time you’ll do...

LungButter wrote:
Are you allowed at Glen Helen?
Ya I don’t know yet I haven’t traveled to CA lol 😂
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
3/24/2022 7:42am
There's no precedent that shows their ROI would be worth it, if it exists at all. Microsoft did activation in the pits of SX for one or two rounds and never came back. Part of it is the demographic, we are mostly very stubborn and mostly right-leaning politically. It is a challenge to enter our sport.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
3/24/2022 8:32am
GrapeApe wrote:

lumpy790
3/24/2022 1:37pm
Crash217 wrote:
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this.... It sure would be nice if I could go onto the @Slaterskins website...
Crash217 email me at slaterskins@gmail.com or call me 203 878 2379 we can get it done
I need someone to build me a site
pacman00
3/24/2022 3:09pm
The promoters are the problem. Go listen to Carey hart's whiskey throttle episode.
RaceFace58
3/24/2022 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2022 5:10pm
pacman00 wrote:
The promoters are the problem. Go listen to Carey hart's whiskey throttle episode.
A lot of things are the problem. I was involved with hare scrambles back when Scott Summers was racing. He and Fred Bramblett did all kinds of media work trying to get his name out there. Before even Honda sponsored him he had media packets and press releases. He’d get HIMSELF booked on local radio shows and TV spots. Set up his own autograph signings etc etc. All on his own. Honda eventually saw the value in him and of course his other sponsors did. Pro MXers don’t need to go that far but certainly can do more than their 1 hour obligatory signing at Jim’s Honda the night before the race. But until there are big ratings there isn’t much value to outside sponsors. At least they don’t see the value. Lots take a peek then are gone.
MXMattii
3/24/2022 6:03pm
How can we get more outside sponsors? Do the riders need to go out looking or do we wait for them to come to us? Did...
How can we get more outside sponsors? Do the riders need to go out looking or do we wait for them to come to us? Did Chevy come to Ricky or did he approach them?
It is very uncommon that companies are contacting the rider. Sometimes the company tells a marketing business that they want more eyes on their product. The marketing people are going to look for the ideal age/sex/income/... to target and where he can find them. Sometimes after all that research motorsport or supercross/motocross is interesting and the contact teams.

Teams on there own know that getting deals like that is like playing lottery, so they create sponsorship files to convince brands (small and big) why this sport could be a great fit, maybe an unexpected fit but a great fit.
3/24/2022 6:25pm
I’ve been in this sport for 40yrs and have spent over $500,000 of my own money buying bikes and products. Never once did I make a buying decision based on brand recognition from advertising/sponsorship of a pro rider. Never tried a energy drink. Zero interest in “look at me” social media. All sx/mx sponsors are pissing their money away.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3911th
3/24/2022 9:15pm
GForce MMG wrote:
I’ve been in this sport for 40yrs and have spent over $500,000 of my own money buying bikes and products. Never once did I make a...
I’ve been in this sport for 40yrs and have spent over $500,000 of my own money buying bikes and products. Never once did I make a buying decision based on brand recognition from advertising/sponsorship of a pro rider. Never tried a energy drink. Zero interest in “look at me” social media. All sx/mx sponsors are pissing their money away.
I buy natures bakery bars cause they supported tld ktm. Never heard of them before that but they put a little money into the sport we all love so why not grab some? I also bought a thing of twisted teas after hearing Billy Grato on pulp. Same with grill your ass off seasonings. I’ve been in this sport my whole life and always try to help companies helping the sport.
3/24/2022 9:36pm
GForce MMG wrote:
I’ve been in this sport for 40yrs and have spent over $500,000 of my own money buying bikes and products. Never once did I make a...
Knowing your options as the consumer is still contributed to marketing.
Advertisements, although typically more informative, can easily be skipped, muted, fast forwarded or ignored. Sponsorship is less intrusively in your face the entire time you spectate a local or professional event.
LungButter
3/24/2022 9:45pm
GForce MMG wrote:
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
mx313
3/24/2022 11:04pm
GForce MMG wrote:
Thats bs. Even if u dont think you are, you subconsciously do.
Lets say you buy a kawi. And want some after maket parts. You buy a couple pro circuit parts. Even if u say the purchase isnt advertising related. You have bought these parts coz kawi and pro circuit go hand in hand. From there performance results, there branding and product association. Which all stems back to advertising and you don't even realise
3/25/2022 12:32am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 1:52am
Hey Guys, we're a sponsor of many MXGP racers, you'll see SCRUB on many of the top MXGP bikes, including Jeffrey Herlings, plus, the top DAKAR bikes too. We often read the comments here about sponsorship, everyone having different opinions.
We're all looking how to get outside sponsors in, like Airlines... Car companies, major junk food companies etc. that fit within our varied demographic.
I guess, it starts at the grass roots. Think, when you go to your local track, say for example, you see a sign on the side of the track 'Bobs Bobcat hire'. Do you make a conscious effort, next time you need a Bobcat at your place, to contact Bob? He's supporting our sport, we need to show him support in return, but also to make it very clear to Bob, where you saw his advert. He needs to know, his commitment is being seen, and is having an effect. If he gets no confirmation it's effective, he will stop. It's the same at all levels. We need to let the sponsors know, be it, when you order a product online, to leave a note... I know, it's hard to tell McDonald's at the drive through, but, we need to let them know we appreciate, and that their advert in our sport, brought you in.
The competition side of the sport is almost dead in the water without sponsors, we're all doing our very best. With a show of appreciation, and action from this support, sponsors stay, and increase investment. We have, and will continue to do so. You will soon see SCRUB on VITAL, looking forward!

CPR
3/25/2022 1:22am
The biggest disgrace with outside sponsors has been the cannibalism from promoters, e.g. Discount Tyres and the CBD oil’s debacle…..
Juck
Fantasy
320th
3/25/2022 1:48am
CPR wrote:
The biggest disgrace with outside sponsors has been the cannibalism from promoters, e.g. Discount Tyres and the CBD oil’s debacle…..
What happened with Discount Tire?

Post a reply to: Get outside sponsors

The Latest