Get fucked Dakar

Crush
|
Crush
1/7/2018 3:01am
OffRoadBro wrote:
Amazing thread title. Glad the rider is ok.
Does it need some punctuation?

The Shop

1/7/2018 3:44am
Holy shit! The most fascinating race for me, but that side of it is just ugly. Glad he's kinda ok!!
Helder
1/7/2018 3:47am
Crazy crazy shit! There is no bar pad there just a nav tower!!
Sully
1/7/2018 3:54am
Damn, that was brutal. Dakar is a fucked up race, for sure.

There was footage from the late 80’s/early 90’s of a guy doing pretty much the same thing, but the run-up was more level, so he was going even faster.
Bearuno
1/7/2018 6:25am
Sully wrote:
Damn, that was brutal. Dakar is a fucked up race, for sure. There was footage from the late 80’s/early 90’s of a guy doing pretty much...

There was footage from the late 80’s/early 90’s of a guy doing pretty much the same thing, but the run-up was more level, so he was going even faster.
I'm pretty sure it was one of the Cagiva riders - absolutely flat chat on a 950+cc V Twin, launching into space. I've been trying to find footage to post it up, but yet to track it down.

We watched it time and time again on video when I worked at Frasers (Ducati Australia) in the mid / late eighties.Most of the Tar Babies that came in had no idea of The Dakar. But a few of us there were Dirt Bike riders / Racers, so it was wall to wall Dirt videos being played on the spares area TV.
rohleder644
1/7/2018 6:33am
Sully wrote:
Damn, that was brutal. Dakar is a fucked up race, for sure. There was footage from the late 80’s/early 90’s of a guy doing pretty much...

Bearuno wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was one of the Cagiva riders - absolutely flat chat on a 950+cc V Twin, launching into space. I've been trying to...
I'm pretty sure it was one of the Cagiva riders - absolutely flat chat on a 950+cc V Twin, launching into space. I've been trying to find footage to post it up, but yet to track it down.

We watched it time and time again on video when I worked at Frasers (Ducati Australia) in the mid / late eighties.Most of the Tar Babies that came in had no idea of The Dakar. But a few of us there were Dirt Bike riders / Racers, so it was wall to wall Dirt videos being played on the spares area TV.
I'm guessing you were referring to uninformed street riders coming in to your shop. That phrase has an entirely different meaning in our neck of the woods.....
LungButter
1/7/2018 6:40am
I don't see how Dakar needs to get fucked?

If everyone in the field did what Rodrigues did...you might have a point....but maybe he shoulda been paying more attention?
Bearuno
1/7/2018 6:46am
Yes, ' Tar Babies ' refers to "Uninformed Street Bike Riders" - who, at the time, and still do today, generally refer to "Chook Chasers" when they talk about Dirt Bikes.

Not for a moment was it used as a racist bit of slang. That sort of vile shit is Not part of my ethos. .
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/7/2018 6:49am
I really thought I was going to see some different pics. wrong site, my bad.Whistling
rohleder644
1/7/2018 5:06pm
Bearuno wrote:
Yes, ' Tar Babies ' refers to "Uninformed Street Bike Riders" - who, at the time, and still do today, generally refer to "Chook Chasers" when...
Yes, ' Tar Babies ' refers to "Uninformed Street Bike Riders" - who, at the time, and still do today, generally refer to "Chook Chasers" when they talk about Dirt Bikes.

Not for a moment was it used as a racist bit of slang. That sort of vile shit is Not part of my ethos. .
Certainly wasn't implying it was. I could tell by the nonchalant way you threw it out there. Just caught me off guard reading it haha
1/7/2018 5:15pm
Bearuno wrote:
Yes, ' Tar Babies ' refers to "Uninformed Street Bike Riders" - who, at the time, and still do today, generally refer to "Chook Chasers" when...

Certainly wasn't implying it was. I could tell by the nonchalant way you threw it out there. Just caught me off guard reading it haha
Made me double take as well haha.
Nighttrain
1/7/2018 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 5:24pm
Bearuno wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was one of the Cagiva riders - absolutely flat chat on a 950+cc V Twin, launching into space. I've been trying to...

It’s funny how words and terms in the same language can have different meanings regionally. A British friend was shocked when I asked if his wife had a phone in her fanny pack as she jogged away for a run, lol. And an Aussie cycling friend laughed when he heard someone say they’d “root for Froome” in the TdF.

That was a brutal crash. Glad he’s okay.
Sully
1/7/2018 6:07pm
Sully wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

I can almost guarantee we're talking about the same crash. It's like the dune just disappeared from under the poor guy, and there was nothing he could do but go for the ride.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/7/2018 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 6:23pm
Is that the same J-Rod that raced for Redbull KTM back in like 04ish?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/7/2018 6:34pm
Sully wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

Sully wrote:
I can almost guarantee we're talking about the same crash. It's like the dune just disappeared from under the poor guy, and there was nothing he...
I can almost guarantee we're talking about the same crash. It's like the dune just disappeared from under the poor guy, and there was nothing he could do but go for the ride.
???
Sully
1/7/2018 7:11pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
???
That's the one. It's still scary as shit, but it sure seemed like he was going a lot faster when I was a kid.
Crush
1/7/2018 7:36pm
Yikes. Think i'd have gathered that one than Rodriguez's crash tho, there was a bit of a landing and a bit more speed to plane into... Joaquim just fell to ankle town.
1/7/2018 8:05pm
Bearuno wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:
It’s funny how words and terms in the same language can have different meanings regionally. A British friend was shocked when I asked if his wife...
It’s funny how words and terms in the same language can have different meanings regionally. A British friend was shocked when I asked if his wife had a phone in her fanny pack as she jogged away for a run, lol. And an Aussie cycling friend laughed when he heard someone say they’d “root for Froome” in the TdF.

That was a brutal crash. Glad he’s okay.
As an Aussie who spent 2 years in Europe and 6 months in USA I have learnt that a lot of Australian English can upset others overseas. Most think it's funny but a few do get genuinely upset.
NZ272
1/7/2018 8:53pm
Nasty!
Hold your nose and say "Oooorrr get farrrrked" = Aussies...
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/7/2018 8:54pm
NZ272 wrote:
Nasty!
Hold your nose and say "Oooorrr get farrrrked" = Aussies...
Laughing

Post a reply to: Get fucked Dakar

The Latest