Get fucked Dakar

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 2:47 AM

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/7/2018 2:48 AM

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/7/2018 2:49 AM

Wow, that was brutal!

|

1/7/2018 2:52 AM

Amazing thread title. Glad the rider is ok.

|

1/7/2018 3:01 AM

OffRoadBro wrote:

Does it need some punctuation?

|

Cheers, Crush

1/7/2018 3:44 AM

Holy shit! The most fascinating race for me, but that side of it is just ugly. Glad he's kinda ok!!

|

1/7/2018 3:47 AM

Crazy crazy shit! There is no bar pad there just a nav tower!!

|

1/7/2018 3:54 AM

Damn, that was brutal. Dakar is a fucked up race, for sure.

There was footage from the late 80’s/early 90’s of a guy doing pretty much the same thing, but the run-up was more level, so he was going even faster.

|

1/7/2018 6:25 AM

Sully wrote:

There was footage from the late 80’s/early 90’s of a guy doing pretty much the same thing, but the run-up was more level, so he was going even faster.

I'm pretty sure it was one of the Cagiva riders - absolutely flat chat on a 950+cc V Twin, launching into space. I've been trying to find footage to post it up, but yet to track it down.

We watched it time and time again on video when I worked at Frasers (Ducati Australia) in the mid / late eighties.Most of the Tar Babies that came in had no idea of The Dakar. But a few of us there were Dirt Bike riders / Racers, so it was wall to wall Dirt videos being played on the spares area TV.

|

1/7/2018 6:33 AM

Sully wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was one of the Cagiva riders - absolutely flat chat on a 950+cc V Twin, launching into space. I've been trying to find footage to post it up, but yet to track it down.

We watched it time and time again on video when I worked at Frasers (Ducati Australia) in the mid / late eighties.Most of the Tar Babies that came in had no idea of The Dakar. But a few of us there were Dirt Bike riders / Racers, so it was wall to wall Dirt videos being played on the spares area TV.

I'm guessing you were referring to uninformed street riders coming in to your shop. That phrase has an entirely different meaning in our neck of the woods.....

|

1/7/2018 6:40 AM

I don't see how Dakar needs to get fucked?

If everyone in the field did what Rodrigues did...you might have a point....but maybe he shoulda been paying more attention?

|

1/7/2018 6:46 AM

Yes, ' Tar Babies ' refers to "Uninformed Street Bike Riders" - who, at the time, and still do today, generally refer to "Chook Chasers" when they talk about Dirt Bikes.

Not for a moment was it used as a racist bit of slang. That sort of vile shit is Not part of my ethos. .

|

1/7/2018 6:48 AM

I bet that left a mark!

|

A big thanks goes out to Donnie at Morgantown Powersports and RJ at Beaver Creek Cycles

1/7/2018 6:49 AM

I really thought I was going to see some different pics. wrong site, my bad.whistling

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/7/2018 8:48 AM

Holy shit. That race is so nasty.

|

1/7/2018 5:06 PM

Bearuno wrote:

Yes, ' Tar Babies ' refers to "Uninformed Street Bike Riders" - who, at the time, and still do today, generally refer to "Chook Chasers" when they talk about Dirt Bikes.

Not for a moment was it used as a racist bit of slang. That sort of vile shit is Not part of my ethos. .

Certainly wasn't implying it was. I could tell by the nonchalant way you threw it out there. Just caught me off guard reading it haha

|

1/7/2018 5:15 PM

Bearuno wrote:

rohleder644 wrote:

Certainly wasn't implying it was. I could tell by the nonchalant way you threw it out there. Just caught me off guard reading it haha

Made me double take as well haha.

|

“Scrub as hard as you want. It’s a two-stroke, it’ll come back” - Robby Marshall

1/7/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 5:24 PM

Bearuno wrote:

It’s funny how words and terms in the same language can have different meanings regionally. A British friend was shocked when I asked if his wife had a phone in her fanny pack as she jogged away for a run, lol. And an Aussie cycling friend laughed when he heard someone say they’d “root for Froome” in the TdF.

That was a brutal crash. Glad he’s okay.

|

1/7/2018 6:07 PM

Sully wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

I can almost guarantee we're talking about the same crash. It's like the dune just disappeared from under the poor guy, and there was nothing he could do but go for the ride.

|

1/7/2018 6:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 6:23 PM

Is that the same J-Rod that raced for Redbull KTM back in like 04ish?

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

1/7/2018 6:34 PM

Sully wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

Sully wrote:

I can almost guarantee we're talking about the same crash. It's like the dune just disappeared from under the poor guy, and there was nothing he could do but go for the ride.

???

|

1/7/2018 6:58 PM

Ow

|

1/7/2018 7:11 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

???

That's the one. It's still scary as shit, but it sure seemed like he was going a lot faster when I was a kid.

|

1/7/2018 7:36 PM

Yikes. Think i'd have gathered that one than Rodriguez's crash tho, there was a bit of a landing and a bit more speed to plane into... Joaquim just fell to ankle town.

|

Cheers, Crush

1/7/2018 8:05 PM

Sully wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

It’s funny how words and terms in the same language can have different meanings regionally. A British friend was shocked when I asked if his wife had a phone in her fanny pack as she jogged away for a run, lol. And an Aussie cycling friend laughed when he heard someone say they’d “root for Froome” in the TdF.

That was a brutal crash. Glad he’s okay.

As an Aussie who spent 2 years in Europe and 6 months in USA I have learnt that a lot of Australian English can upset others overseas. Most think it's funny but a few do get genuinely upset.

|

1/7/2018 8:41 PM

OffRoadBro wrote:

Crush wrote:

Does it need some punctuation?

Needs Exclamation point!

|

1/7/2018 8:53 PM

Nasty!
Hold your nose and say "Oooorrr get farrrrked" = Aussies...

|

1/7/2018 8:54 PM

NZ272 wrote:

Nasty!
Hold your nose and say "Oooorrr get farrrrked" = Aussies...

laughing
|