Get a load of these Fox gloves

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2017 11:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2017 12:48 PM

Any idea of what these beasts might be worth?

Get a load of these Fox gloves. These had to made for some special non-motocross only competition.....perhaps full contact lumbersports, lion wrestling or maybe superbikers etc.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/17/2017 11:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2017 11:57 PM

They're road racing gloves! Fox used to have a line of road stuff in the '80s. Not sure what they'd be worth, though.

|

8/18/2017 12:20 AM

Good 'ol 80's Korean manufacturing

|

8/18/2017 12:39 AM

That's a prime set of jerking gloves.

|

8/18/2017 12:58 AM

...aaaand this year's award, for the longest thread title goes too....

|

8/18/2017 1:01 AM

I was sponsored by Fox while roadracing back in 1988, l had those gloves and a Fox full leather race suit.

|

Melbourne, Australia. Current rides: '11 RMZ450, '84 CR500, '06 DRZ400, '79 KX250 with 400 engine, '06 GSXR1000 full Yosh racebike.

8/18/2017 3:05 AM

Barry_Smith wrote:

Studded, for your pleasure!

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

8/18/2017 5:23 AM

Look like something Robbie Kneivel wore...just need some tassels...

|

8/18/2017 5:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2017 5:39 AM

I'm bedazzled

|

8/18/2017 7:06 AM

MR. X wrote:

...aaaand this year's award, for the longest thread title goes too....

Was thinking the same and yet less than ten words in the post

|

8/18/2017 7:11 AM

The studs were an attempt by glove manufactures to protect the scaphoid in your palm, something along the lines of what Knox Protection is doing now but with plastic. (Actually most higher end road racing gloves have some form of this palm/ scaphoid protection.)

You slide down pavement on just leather, it's gonna wear away to your hand...the metal studs were essentially a sliding surface.

Cool find...

|

8/18/2017 8:00 AM

Zaugg wrote:

The studs were an attempt by glove manufactures to protect the scaphoid in your palm, something along the lines of what Knox Protection is doing now but with plastic. (Actually most higher end road racing gloves have some form of this palm/ scaphoid protection.)

You slide down pavement on just leather, it's gonna wear away to your hand...the metal studs were essentially a sliding surface.

Cool find...

Thxs for the heads up, does the inside of the glove have a heat protection so when you're sliding the metal doesn't heat the hand?

|

8/18/2017 8:05 AM

How much are these worth ?
Photo

|

8/18/2017 8:27 AM

sumdood wrote:

Photo

Shocker gloves..... LOL

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/18/2017 9:24 AM

Old-Man wrote:

Thxs for the heads up, does the inside of the glove have a heat protection so when you're sliding the metal doesn't heat the hand?

Older gloves...probably not. Not sure with these Fox gloves. I think that's why most higher end gloves use some form of high durometer plastic slider instead of studs or rivets.

The tech in modern road racing gloves is pretty crazy. They even sew the ring and pinky finger together to prevent your pinky finger from getting ripped off when you splay your hand out upon impact with the pavement. Its the little things.

|

8/18/2017 9:29 AM

Well over several hundred dollars.

|

step derp, step step derp - my signature dance move

8/18/2017 9:34 AM

sumdood wrote:

Photo

laughing laughing laughing
|

8/18/2017 11:09 AM

Invaluable, to the right user. Or should I say, receiver. Hope that wrist strap does up EXTRA tight, to prevent loss in use.

|

8/18/2017 11:39 AM

Barry_Smith wrote:

about spit up my mexican food haha

|

8/18/2017 11:55 AM

Photo

|

8/18/2017 1:15 PM

peelout wrote: Photo

damn!! Now that's funny!!!

|

"Whatever makes your mother cry is worth doing"

8/18/2017 1:46 PM

Photo
"special non-motocross only competition.....perhaps full contact"
|

8/18/2017 2:21 PM

omalley wrote:

Look like something Robbie Kneivel wore...just need some tassels...

Came here to post this.

|

8/18/2017 2:43 PM

Bubba Shobert used to wear fox leathers when he was riding superbikes. As soon as I saw them, I thought of him.

|

8/18/2017 3:53 PM

Zaugg wrote:

Cool find...

Old-Man wrote:

Speaking from experience with this exact model glove..... Nope.

Had some funky little dots burned into my hand after a crash. Wasn't even on the pavement for that long.

Most of the newer model gloves use either padding or kevlar in that area now.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

8/18/2017 4:36 PM

I have these old gloves from the late 70'sPhoto

|

8/18/2017 5:00 PM

Matthes has done a couple podcasts with Pete Fox (which are all really worth listening to, btw).... Pete talks all about not being afraid to try all kinds of wacky stuff over the years... Some times the "crazy" idea ended up being a total home run, sometimes he wishes the idea was never spoke of ever again. I'd imagine what the OP found here classifies as the latter laughing

Tony Blazier's multi part history of Fox Racing over the decades is a killer time warp with your time too!! Part1: http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/look-back-old-moto-mags/gps-classic-steel/moto-gear-history-part-v-fox-racing-1974-1989

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/18/2017 5:47 PM

You-n-Gs-town born & bred wrote:

Any idea of what these beasts might be worth?

Get a load of these Fox gloves. These had to made for some special non-motocross only competition.....perhaps full contact lumbersports, lion wrestling or maybe superbikers etc.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Most likely around tree-fiddy.

|