Geoff Meyer gives his opinion on American Motocross and the Des Nations(Podcast)

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/11/2018 11:56pm
Ewan49 wrote:
your thoughts on the track???
Decent so far but I've only watched the first 250 heat. It's weird seeing them in daylight and at these more regional/country venues.
Ewan49
10/12/2018 12:04am
Ewan49 wrote:
your thoughts on the track???
EZZA 95B wrote:
Decent so far but I've only watched the first 250 heat. It's weird seeing them in daylight and at these more regional/country venues.
I'm interested to see what they come up with tomorrow. Surely they aren't going to put a small track in a big stadium?!?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/12/2018 1:05am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 1:05am
Ewan49 wrote:
I'm interested to see what they come up with tomorrow. Surely they aren't going to put a small track in a big stadium?!?
Everything looks peaky and the whoops are leget... Brayton is a good way to gauge them!

Edit: Talking about last weekends track.
jemcee
10/12/2018 1:22am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Everything looks peaky and the whoops are leget... Brayton is a good way to gauge them!

If I was Geico I'd be puttin Lawrence on a plane to get used to sx gate drops.. Actually he might be a little too 'new'
but if I had a young rider that was maybe on their 2nd year I can only see positives in getting them to do the series
Maybe I'm way off, I guess we'll see with how well the 107 that have come over do next year

The Shop

Ewan49
10/12/2018 1:32am
Ewan49 wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:

I was thinking a little peaky as well. I do the same as you...I look at how Brayton is riding everything and go from there. I wonder how much different his bike is to his US bike?
Ewan49
10/12/2018 1:43am
EZZA 95B wrote:

jemcee wrote:
If I was Geico I'd be puttin Lawrence on a plane to get used to sx gate drops.. Actually he might be a little too 'new'...
If I was Geico I'd be puttin Lawrence on a plane to get used to sx gate drops.. Actually he might be a little too 'new'
but if I had a young rider that was maybe on their 2nd year I can only see positives in getting them to do the series
Maybe I'm way off, I guess we'll see with how well the 107 that have come over do next year
I know Australia is slowly closing the gap to America in terms of building tracks and what not but in Lawrence's case I still feel he is better off testing and practicing on the test tracks over there with his team. He will get way more benefit from that than what he would doing a few gate drops over here. It's not 'racing' as such but I'm sure chasing his new team mates around will be much more beneficial to him. That's what I think anyways.
jemcee
10/12/2018 2:01am
Ewan49 wrote:
I know Australia is slowly closing the gap to America in terms of building tracks and what not but in Lawrence's case I still feel he...
I know Australia is slowly closing the gap to America in terms of building tracks and what not but in Lawrence's case I still feel he is better off testing and practicing on the test tracks over there with his team. He will get way more benefit from that than what he would doing a few gate drops over here. It's not 'racing' as such but I'm sure chasing his new team mates around will be much more beneficial to him. That's what I think anyways.
Yeah with ya 100% on that, kinda what I meant by 'too new'.. Crawl before he walks and all that
Ewan49
10/12/2018 2:06am
Ewan49 wrote:
I know Australia is slowly closing the gap to America in terms of building tracks and what not but in Lawrence's case I still feel he...
jemcee wrote:
Yeah with ya 100% on that, kinda what I meant by 'too new'.. Crawl before he walks and all that
I think that kid skipped crawling and walking and went straight to running! Hahaha
Huckster
10/12/2018 3:35am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Wow, the times are a-changing. Meyer is a European journalist who used to engage in some pretty epic debates with US fans about the US vs...
Wow, the times are a-changing. Meyer is a European journalist who used to engage in some pretty epic debates with US fans about the US vs. Euro riders. He is not exactly well-liked by many over here.
I'm not sure what the Keefer reference is here, but I was shaking my head listening to the latest Pulpcast when he was saying the US riders at the MXDN rode badly because they were saving themselves for Supercross. That theory doesn't make any sense when you consider the zeal with which they came into the event, unless that was all fake, which would suck even more.
If you think about what Keefer was saying without interjecting emotions you would understand it. No elite racer ever wants to get beat. You don't get to that level without a certain amount of moxey. With that said, you have to understand this is a business and these guys make their living racing. The majority of the revenue at the pro level is based off of SX and their results during that series. we have seen numerous times how a rider's career can end in a single moment. To go to the MXoN the riders are risking their livelihoods for a race that they make $0. I bet not one of them has a MXoN bonus in their contract like they do for a SX and MX win. This is not an excuse for their bad performance but if you don't think if has an affect on the rider then you are Nieve. I believe that is what Keefer was trying to say and it is a very valid point.

jamma10
10/12/2018 4:31am
Never been a fan of Geoffs shit stirring on here, or some of his more bombastic articles.

But to be fair he actually comes across as a pretty reasonable bloke on this podcast.
10/12/2018 4:36am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Wow, the times are a-changing. Meyer is a European journalist who used to engage in some pretty epic debates with US fans about the US vs...
Wow, the times are a-changing. Meyer is a European journalist who used to engage in some pretty epic debates with US fans about the US vs. Euro riders. He is not exactly well-liked by many over here.
I'm not sure what the Keefer reference is here, but I was shaking my head listening to the latest Pulpcast when he was saying the US riders at the MXDN rode badly because they were saving themselves for Supercross. That theory doesn't make any sense when you consider the zeal with which they came into the event, unless that was all fake, which would suck even more.
Huckster wrote:
If you think about what Keefer was saying without interjecting emotions you would understand it. No elite racer ever wants to get beat. You don't get...
If you think about what Keefer was saying without interjecting emotions you would understand it. No elite racer ever wants to get beat. You don't get to that level without a certain amount of moxey. With that said, you have to understand this is a business and these guys make their living racing. The majority of the revenue at the pro level is based off of SX and their results during that series. we have seen numerous times how a rider's career can end in a single moment. To go to the MXoN the riders are risking their livelihoods for a race that they make $0. I bet not one of them has a MXoN bonus in their contract like they do for a SX and MX win. This is not an excuse for their bad performance but if you don't think if has an affect on the rider then you are Nieve. I believe that is what Keefer was trying to say and it is a very valid point.

if you think you heard it all , there is this excuse ... Woohoo after 5 days still not hit rockbottom in excuses
next year Tomac does the USGP . how much does he get paid for doing a USGP ?? haha see , its ridicioulous
Bramlett321
10/12/2018 6:26am
Anyone hear keefer on pulp? I think he lost his mind.
Jrewing wrote:
Yeah Keefer needs to travel outside his bubble. Great guy and I agree with a lot but not all things. But damn I couldn’t listen to...
Yeah Keefer needs to travel outside his bubble. Great guy and I agree with a lot but not all things. But damn I couldn’t listen to that episode of Pulp. First time I’ve turned it off.
Yeah I'm a big fan of Keefer, but his thoughts on Pulp were so far out in left field that I think even Steve was like wtf are you saying. I think on bike set up and things revolving around how a bike behaves he is very very good. But on tackling what they were thinking about the race I don't believe he was even close....even if the riders weren't into it prior to the race, when they got there the vibe was too much to run from. Like JT even said, hell he wanted to go suit up and ride lol.
Huckster
10/12/2018 6:49am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Huckster wrote:
If you think about what Keefer was saying without interjecting emotions you would understand it. No elite racer ever wants to get beat. You don't get...

if you think you heard it all , there is this excuse ... :woohoo: after 5 days still not hit rockbottom in excuses next year Tomac...
if you think you heard it all , there is this excuse ... Woohoo after 5 days still not hit rockbottom in excuses
next year Tomac does the USGP . how much does he get paid for doing a USGP ?? haha see , its ridicioulous
I would guesstimate his Monster Energy contract to be around $200k+. I would also guess that there is verbiage in it that requires him to race certain events which I would speculate are The Monster cup and Monster Energy USGP. I am guessing of course but I bet I am pretty close. So he is financially invested in some of the events. MXoN probably not? Maybe you know better?
Moto96
10/12/2018 7:42am
Anyone hear keefer on pulp? I think he lost his mind.
Ramrod wrote:
What do you mean?
Dude got rid of a Dodge for a Ridgeline.

Makes me wonder about all his other info and choices.
NorCal 50+
10/12/2018 8:51am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Huckster wrote:

The reason I don't think this is legitimate is that it has been true forever, and was never mentioned except now, retroactively. All the heroes of mx stretching back decades were in the same situation. What is being described here is basically equivalent to throwing the race: showing up and putting on a fake show of enthusiasm, then riding in a mediocre way to save themselves for Supercross. It doesn't sound like a realistic scenario. If they really felt that way they should have stayed home and let someone who cares show up. That said- I do get the feeling Tomac went to this race because he knew he would get a pile of crap for not going, and it backfired on him (the guy demonstrates very little enthusiasm for racing to begin with). Maybe he's a bit burnt out, which I would not blame him for.
10/18/2018 1:55am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
No no no, I know most Americans think everything outside the USA is European, but no he is AUSTRALIAN.

Why most people hate Geoff Meyer is is because he's paid by Luongo to make the GP's look like it's the best thing ever invented. He isn't a journalist, he is just a propaganda machine for Youthsteam.
Besides that, he makes up shit all the time. I've spoken to riders about 'interviews' with Meyer with never took place. He asks 1 or 2 questions and makes a 4 page interview of it, filled with bullshit.

ga_pike
10/18/2018 5:01am
MX Geoff washes muddy boots... FOR FREE!!!

Post a reply to: Geoff Meyer gives his opinion on American Motocross and the Des Nations(Podcast)

The Latest