Geico parting way with Alias

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2018 8:39 AM

The Geico team are expected to run new gear for the outdoors, any rumours as to which company they will go to? I've read both Shift and Answer. I'd like to see them in Astars.

Apparently due to internal changes within the brand! Thoughts?

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

5/9/2018 8:40 AM

Shift

|

5/9/2018 8:42 AM

chasestevenson599 wrote:

Shift

Good gig for the Fox/Shift brand. Whole PC and Geico squad in their gear...

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

5/9/2018 9:00 AM

i think they will "shift" their gear sponsor hehehehe

|

5/9/2018 9:21 AM

I know We’ve all heard about this for a few weeks now, but has any one got any real info? A PR? Info from a credible source?

|

5/9/2018 10:02 AM

Rumour has it that it might be something "new":
Photo

?

|

5/9/2018 10:15 AM

Am I crazy or wasn’t there an ownership link there I thought?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


5/9/2018 10:18 AM

Crush wrote:

Am I crazy or wasn’t there an ownership link there I thought?

I thought there was too. I hope we aren't crazy

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/9/2018 10:25 AM

Canvas mx would be nice so they could make their own style and for example not use the hideous A-stars gear

|

5/9/2018 10:30 AM

jenssog wrote:

Rumour has it that it might be something "new":
Photo

?

Burn it

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

5/9/2018 10:31 AM

Lastander wrote:

Canvas mx would be nice so they could make their own style and for example not use the hideous A-stars gear

Other than needing to pay the team 400k or so (guessing on that). And that's just talking real dollars, not bonuses or product or man-hours to create any of it.

|

5/9/2018 10:32 AM

Crush wrote:

Am I crazy or wasn’t there an ownership link there I thought?

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I thought there was too. I hope we aren't crazy

You're both right... The team manager co-owns Alias or something like that

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

5/9/2018 10:35 AM

Lastander wrote:

Canvas mx would be nice so they could make their own style and for example not use the hideous A-stars gear

Jt$ wrote:

Other than needing to pay the team 400k or so (guessing on that). And that's just talking real dollars, not bonuses or product or man-hours to create any of it.

Stop using common sense and get them to use Fly

|

5/9/2018 10:39 AM

Lastander wrote:

Canvas mx would be nice so they could make their own style and for example not use the hideous A-stars gear

Jt$ wrote:

Other than needing to pay the team 400k or so (guessing on that). And that's just talking real dollars, not bonuses or product or man-hours to create any of it.

Lastander wrote:

Stop using common sense and get them to use Fly

I have always admired that team so yes, that would be awesome, but unfortunately not happening. With our series sponsorship of MX in 2018 and SX in 2019, though, we have a couple of irons in the fire. Hopefully Zacho can do us proud this summer with that big #1.

|

5/9/2018 10:42 AM

Jt$ wrote:

I have always admired that team so yes, that would be awesome, but unfortunately not happening. With our series sponsorship of MX in 2018 and SX in 2019, though, we have a couple of irons in the fire. Hopefully Zacho can do us proud this summer with that big #1.

You also have me reppin FLY gear as a mid-pack rider in the swedish nationals, and i even paid for the gear! No need to thank melaughing grin

|

5/9/2018 10:54 AM

Lastander wrote:

You also have me reppin FLY gear as a mid-pack rider in the swedish nationals, and i even paid for the gear! No need to thank melaughing grin

That's awesome!

|

5/9/2018 10:58 AM

Fox X Supreme? Nobody can rep cutting edge urban style like JMart!

|

5/9/2018 11:04 AM

Gandorlf wrote:

The Geico team are expected to run new gear for the outdoors, any rumours as to which company they will go to? I've read both Shift and Answer. I'd like to see them in Astars.

Apparently due to internal changes within the brand! Thoughts?

Serious question, not trolling. I'm curious why you or anybody would care what gear a team or rider for that matter wears? MX has been a major part of my life for many years but I don't think I could name the gear a single team/rider wears. I really could care less but it's evident others don't feel as I. Just wondering why?

Rick

|

5/9/2018 11:23 AM

rikhek wrote:

Serious question, not trolling. I'm curious why you or anybody would care what gear a team or rider for that matter wears? MX has been a major part of my life for many years but I don't think I could name the gear a single team/rider wears. I really could care less but it's evident others don't feel as I. Just wondering why?

Rick

You answered your own question when you said "others don't feel as I". If no one noticed, there would be no sponsors.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/9/2018 11:24 AM

jenssog wrote:

Rumour has it that it might be something "new":
Photo

?

Gandorlf wrote:

Burn it

Looks like its already on fire!! haha

|

5/9/2018 11:33 AM

Clicky

This was posted today.
|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

5/9/2018 11:37 AM

AJ565 wrote: Clicky

This was posted today.

Alias is not closing doors and will have something new... like what if not gear sets?

|

5/9/2018 11:53 AM

Crush wrote:

Am I crazy or wasn’t there an ownership link there I thought?

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I thought there was too. I hope we aren't crazy

Gandorlf wrote:

You're both right... The team manager co-owns Alias or something like that

The two main partners in the Geico Honda team are Ziggy from Factory Connection and Mr Grondahl (can't remember his first name).

Grondahl is a successful businessman who started Planet Fitness gyms - big time $ those franchises are everywhere. He is the person (owner) behind Alias MX which is the connection you guys are speaking of.

|

5/9/2018 11:53 AM

It's definitely Shift.

|

5/9/2018 12:21 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I thought there was too. I hope we aren't crazy

Gandorlf wrote:

You're both right... The team manager co-owns Alias or something like that

MelonFan123 wrote:

The two main partners in the Geico Honda team are Ziggy from Factory Connection and Mr Grondahl (can't remember his first name).

Grondahl is a successful businessman who started Planet Fitness gyms - big time $ those franchises are everywhere. He is the person (owner) behind Alias MX which is the connection you guys are speaking of.

Mike Grondahl

|

5/9/2018 12:27 PM

AJ565 wrote: Clicky

This was posted today.

tek14 wrote:

Alias is not closing doors and will have something new... like what if not gear sets?

That would be a bummer. I like their gear. Only got one set, but I really like it.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/9/2018 2:16 PM

Gandorlf wrote:

The Geico team are expected to run new gear for the outdoors, any rumours as to which company they will go to? I've read both Shift and Answer. I'd like to see them in Astars.

Apparently due to internal changes within the brand! Thoughts?

rikhek wrote:

Serious question, not trolling. I'm curious why you or anybody would care what gear a team or rider for that matter wears? MX has been a major part of my life for many years but I don't think I could name the gear a single team/rider wears. I really could care less but it's evident others don't feel as I. Just wondering why?

Rick

mx317 wrote:

You answered your own question when you said "others don't feel as I". If no one noticed, there would be no sponsors.

See above

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

5/9/2018 2:18 PM

jenssog wrote:

Rumour has it that it might be something "new":
Photo

?

Gandorlf wrote:

Burn it

mxrose3 wrote:

Looks like its already on fire!! haha

Damn why didn't I see that

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

5/9/2018 2:41 PM

Gandorlf wrote:

Burn it

mxrose3 wrote:

Looks like its already on fire!! haha

Gandorlf wrote:

Damn why didn't I see that

Because it hurts to look at it for too long

|

5/9/2018 3:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2018 3:15 PM

Big time companies go out of business
I always wondered why Geico was wearing Alias, a company that doesnt support the industry. Now it makes sense. I figured Alias wasnt goin to last long without dealers

|