Geico Switching to Shift?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2018 1:00 AM

I may have heard this wrong but on Matthes' Moto:60 show they mentioned that Geico would be switching to Shift for the outdoors. Anyone know if this is true or do I need to get my hearing checked?

|

4/20/2018 1:50 AM

Maybe. Hunter Lawrence is running Shift in the GPs and he is contracted to Geico Honda.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/20/2018 1:58 AM

Seems kind of odd. Isn't the team owner or part-owner of the team one of the guys that also owns Alias?

Hope they do make the switch. New looks are always cool.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/20/2018 1:59 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Maybe. Hunter Lawrence is running Shift in the GPs and he is contracted to Geico Honda.

Just what I was thinking but he isn't contracted to be in the US till after GP's so seems a bit weird for them to change now and not after nationals.

|

4/20/2018 2:02 AM

Motofinne wrote:

DoubleA wrote:

Just what I was thinking but he isn't contracted to be in the US till after GP's so seems a bit weird for them to change now ...more

Yeah he is going to US after this GP season. Unless they chose to bring him over to US nationals this summer because his MX2 title chances are over?

|

- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/20/2018 2:03 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah he is going to US after this GP season. Unless they chose to bring him over to US nationals this summer because his MX2 ...more

Maybe thats why Geico agreed for Craig to ride for HRC again in outdoors? Wild speculation I know.

|

4/20/2018 2:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 2:09 AM

He asked Cristian Craig a curious question on Pulp this week. The exchange went something like this.....

Steve: So you’re filling in at Factory Honda for the summer?

CC: Yes

Steve: So what gear are you going to wear? Are you going to run what the Geico team is?

CC: Yeah, I’ll be running the full Geico setup

My thoughts: I don’t recall Alias being said once, and why would Steve ask that question? It’s obvious that CC has worn the Geico Alias the last 2 years when he’s been on the HRC 450.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

4/20/2018 2:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 2:29 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Just what I was thinking but he isn't contracted to be in the US till after GP's so seems a bit weird for them to change now ...more

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah he is going to US after this GP season. Unless they chose to bring him over to US nationals this summer because his MX2 ...more

DoubleA wrote:

Maybe thats why Geico agreed for Craig to ride for HRC again in outdoors? Wild speculation I know.

Well he rode for them last year too. I don't think that Craig moving to 450 is because Lawrence is making a sudden change of series. It seems like Seely will be out for a long time.

|

- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/20/2018 2:58 AM

What about Alpinestars and 6D, if this is true I wonder if they’ll go with Fox for both boots and helmets as a regular 450 contract or they’ll do different deals like PC with Bell for exemple

|

4/20/2018 3:02 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

What about Alpinestars and 6D, if this is true I wonder if they’ll go with Fox for both boots and helmets as a regular 450 ...more

Shoei, Scott and Gaerne?whistling silly

|

4/20/2018 3:04 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

What about Alpinestars and 6D, if this is true I wonder if they’ll go with Fox for both boots and helmets as a regular 450 ...more

EZZA 95B wrote:

Photo
|

4/20/2018 3:04 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

That would be one of the weirdest combinations possible sideways

|

4/20/2018 3:06 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

Marcello10 wrote:

Bugger, timing of quote was off!

|

4/20/2018 3:14 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Marcello10 wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

Bugger, timing of quote was off!

I saw your picture but it’s still very old

|

4/20/2018 3:19 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

I saw your picture but it’s still very old

I wore Fox, Sidi, HJC and Smith.w00t Wild huh!?laughing

|

4/20/2018 3:58 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Unrelated but doesn’t mean the main info is inaccurate.

|

4/20/2018 4:01 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Jt$ wrote:

Unrelated but doesn’t mean the main info is inaccurate.

Yeah i figured that, funny coincidence.

|

- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/20/2018 6:22 AM

Weird, I got told it would be Answer for outdoors. Yeah, Steve asked that question based off the GEICO team switching based, maybe he thought Craig would slip? laughing

|

4/20/2018 6:45 AM

Wasn't there a thread on here a few days ago asking if Alias was shutting down?

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Yeti SB130LR.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

4/20/2018 6:48 AM

This would make sense with the whole "oops we ran out of gear" thread from a few days ago.

|

4/20/2018 7:24 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote: Photo

That shift gear back in 04/05 was sick.

|

4/20/2018 7:37 AM

seth505 wrote:

This would make sense with the whole "oops we ran out of gear" thread from a few days ago.

Also, I know JB Marada was working for the brand, idk what his title was but I think he was high up in Alias, and he isnt with the company anymore. Saw on buttery's instagram that he was wearing Thor now.

|

IG: @_porch32
2014 Kawasaki KX450

4/20/2018 7:45 AM

Why would Geico make the switch mid season???

|

4/20/2018 8:22 AM

spd721 wrote:

$$$

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/20/2018 8:34 AM

spd721 wrote:

The $$$ is not rolling in anymore?

|

- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/20/2018 10:10 AM

How could Alais not be doing well? Their direct to the customer selling program is the shit and ive been meaning to buy a set of their gear its actually priced reasonably unlike all the other brands.... the gear industry as a whole has gotten WAY cheaper material and construction wise and the prices have gone way up!

|

4/20/2018 10:17 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

How could Alais not be doing well? Their direct to the customer selling program is the shit and ive been meaning to buy a set ...more

"the gear industry as a whole has gotten WAY cheaper material and construction wise and the prices have gone way up!"

The gear I've been testing and wearing lately is hands down better and more expensive to produce then what existed five years ago.

And as you've said "I've been meaning to buy a set of their gear"

Meaning to and actually doing could be a problem many companies face, getting customers to convert interest into actual purchases.

|

4/20/2018 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 10:21 AM

Wouldn't be surprised. Earlier this week I saw another thread regarding Alias MX- talking about their website and how there's NO inventory/ no updates. Seems like they've been preparing to close shop for a few months now.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Alias-new-gear-release,1327198

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Alias-mx,1333465?mobile=false

|

4/20/2018 11:14 AM

Customer direct seems like a good business model because the dealer is cut out and there is more profit for the mfg. I have been watching Alias for a while and this model. I don't think it works. Here is why. Usually when a dealer buys gear they buy SEVERAL sets, like a size and color run or two. All the other companies that sell through dealers are selling thousands of $$ worth of gear to a dealer. The dealer is then stuck with the product and it is there problem to get rid of it. Most dealers have 2 or 3 brands of gear that they favor and stay loyal to that brand. When a customer rolls through the door needing gloves and a jersey the dealer will most likely push the oldest or the most popular product and thus increasing the bottom line for the brand they are loyal to in the end.

Word on the street is that Alias is going away soon.

|

4/20/2018 12:02 PM

ML512 wrote:

"the gear industry as a whole has gotten WAY cheaper material and construction wise and the prices have gone way up!"

The ...more

i was meaning to also......then pulled the trigger on one of their deal of the century sales and for under $250 I got 2 sets for me and 2 sets for my son

|

kcco