Geico Leaving The Sport?

davis224
Fantasy
182nd
9/3/2020 1:00pm
olds cool wrote:
What about Milwaukee power tools? They are the right color! Grinning
Brent wrote:
I love Milwaukee, Our company owns just about every M18 tool they make. Milwaukee does in fact sponsor Jeffery Herlings. Here is my whacked out conspiracy...
I love Milwaukee, Our company owns just about every M18 tool they make.

Milwaukee does in fact sponsor Jeffery Herlings.

Here is my whacked out conspiracy theory on Geico Honda, take it or leave it;

One of the owners of the team wants to bring politics into the team with graphics that are very similar to a well known political slogan.

Geico, being smart as they are, doesn't want to offend anyone in these stupid culture wars and lose clients, declines to re- up their deal with the team.

Furthermore, could this be why Ryan Dungey dropped out?

I turn to Motocross as an escape from everything that is going on in our country, I don't want politics even mentioned anywhere near this sport to remind me about the times we live in...
Ditto on all counts. I only discovered yesterday they made a mag drill... that's a game changer in my workplace. I just wish the cordless angle grinder could last more than 5-6 minutes under a heavy load. Burned through 5 batteries in less than half an hour!
Donkey Kong
9/3/2020 1:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I always thought it was cool how one of the snocross teams is sponsored by the US Air Force. They also sponsor one of the rounds...
I always thought it was cool how one of the snocross teams is sponsored by the US Air Force. They also sponsor one of the rounds.

Not only that but they always inaugurate a bunch of people at each round. I'd much rather see something like this during SX over some of the other filler material they have. It's been going on for a long time as the video is from 2013.

Sponsored by state violence. Whatever pays the bills I guess lol
Brent
9/3/2020 2:06pm
davis224 wrote:
Ditto on all counts. I only discovered yesterday they made a mag drill... that's a game changer in my workplace. I just wish the cordless angle...
Ditto on all counts. I only discovered yesterday they made a mag drill... that's a game changer in my workplace. I just wish the cordless angle grinder could last more than 5-6 minutes under a heavy load. Burned through 5 batteries in less than half an hour!
M18 10 amp lithium battery baby...

My employees grind and cut steel all day, that 10
Amp lasts 30 mins or more on the 4.5 angle grinder...
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
9/5/2020 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 2:12pm
I see Geico are also dropping NAscar sponsorships, must be a decision to cut back on all motorsports

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/5/2020 2:34pm
Brent wrote:
I love Milwaukee, Our company owns just about every M18 tool they make. Milwaukee does in fact sponsor Jeffery Herlings. Here is my whacked out conspiracy...

One of the owners of the team wants to bring politics into the team with graphics that are very similar to a well known political slogan.

Geico, being smart as they are, doesn't want to offend anyone in these stupid culture wars and lose clients, declines to re- up their deal with the team.

I turn to Motocross as an escape from everything that is going on in our country, I don't want politics even mentioned anywhere near this sport to remind me about the times we live in...
Pretty much summed it up according to many.
9/7/2020 12:16pm
orange_44 wrote:
You don’t think they’d switch to a company that sponsors the PGA after farmers left? You’re nuts
No. Geico decided to stop sponsoring a team. They still offer a great product and service and have offered years of support to our sport. I’d...
No. Geico decided to stop sponsoring a team. They still offer a great product and service and have offered years of support to our sport. I’d rather continue to support them then switch to an insurer who has done nothing for Moto just because I’m a little whiny “hardcore Moto” guy.
USA wrote:
If they don't have money to support our sport, I don't have money to co tinue supporting them. I think some of you guys are way...
If they don't have money to support our sport, I don't have money to co tinue supporting them. I think some of you guys are way up on your high horse, you're saying if a company sponsors us then we should love them forever and ever? Do you go buy cartons of camel cigarettes because they offered years of support to our sport?

One industry that I have NO empathy for during this pandemic is the insurance business. God forbid they have less profit in a business that should have ZERO profit.
And you gotta remember... Insurance companies are insured themselves... Its called reinsurance.
I wholly agree... For things mandated by law, ie auto insurance, they should be imposed a set profit rate.
Brent
9/7/2020 4:46pm
avidchimp wrote:
⬆️
I'm not sure it has collapsed, this is not a problem caused by loss of GDP.

The jobs are there, the demand is surely there - Motorcycle and RV sales are up a substantial amount

Geico's profits are sure up...

TeamChub
10/11/2020 1:49am
yzf162 wrote:
I can think of 12 guys that have just under or at 2k a month in insurance with Geico that will find out about this and...
I can think of 12 guys that have just under or at 2k a month in insurance with Geico that will find out about this and start looking to switch. I have full geico and geico owned company's for insurance and will be looking to switch house, 4 home vehicles, boat, jet ski, 5 commercial vehicles, 2 companys, and my bikes. Plus 1 condo rental and the renters have to have renter insurance which they always go with geico/Assurant at my suggestion. I know i could save about 20% splitting it up but im good supporting those that support the sport. Guess I'll have the office start shopping this week. My monthly insurance is over 1k a month. So that's that's roughly 20k a month lost or 240k a year I can't imagine their losing much money on this in terms of marketing and sponsorship. Is it a loss yes im sure it always is. But it should be sustainable.
Yep. I remember “making” my mom buy Surf detergent back in the late 80’s or early 90’s because Jeff Glass got them as a sponsor. She disliked their product, but did it for me. She was elated when she was finally able to go back to her regular detergent.

I currently have Geico insurance for my 2 streetbikes. Might be time to look elsewhere.
Also, I can’t stand the Alessi’s, so any sponsors of Mike and his family I do not support with my $$.
Free country so I get to choose. That’s how sponsorships work...

steezenation
10/11/2020 4:51am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2020 5:15am
Brent wrote:

wow, take a peek at Mike Grondahl’s twitter account. been trashing Geico all week, believes the CIA controls all sports??
10/11/2020 6:01am
Rumor that Jmart, is in talks with the largest Ice fishing equipment co. They sell everything from the ice shanty, tip ups, to butt warmers. Think about it, who doesn’t,t want to be on a 3 foot frozen lake this winter.
tuttle425
10/11/2020 6:22am
Brent wrote:

wow, take a peek at Mike Grondahl’s twitter account. been trashing Geico all week, believes the CIA controls all sports??
That guy is a god damned moron.
APLMAN99
10/11/2020 11:07am
Brent wrote:

tuttle425 wrote:
I don’t have tweeter, is it full on Q?
tuttle425
10/11/2020 11:34am
tuttle425 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I don’t have tweeter, is it full on Q?
Q, antivax, mind control. Garden variety right wing nut job.
Spat24
Fantasy
1140th
10/11/2020 8:12pm
Back to the Geico team. When the team closes or closed down - do all the rider contracts get cancelled? So even though Jett will most likely be at Honda HRC - can he go shop other contracts? If the contract was with Honda - wouldnt they have to adhere to them?
tuttle425
10/11/2020 8:40pm
Spat24 wrote:
Back to the Geico team. When the team closes or closed down - do all the rider contracts get cancelled? So even though Jett will most...
Back to the Geico team. When the team closes or closed down - do all the rider contracts get cancelled? So even though Jett will most likely be at Honda HRC - can he go shop other contracts? If the contract was with Honda - wouldnt they have to adhere to them?
I am sure there are numerous clauses in the contract. It was reported that there was definitely an out clause for the team if they had sponsor issues. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clause to that which gave Honda the option to pick up the contract in such case.

Post a reply to: Geico Leaving The Sport?

The Latest