Gear for a 3 year old?

hvaughn88
Do any of the gear companies make gear small enough for a 3 year old? He just turned 3 a couple months ago so still on the smaller side of 3. He's been wearing some of my older son's stuff from when he was 5 that's too big but I would like to get him his own that fits if possible. Thanks for the help, guys.
|
DPR250R
8/8/2016 3:28pm
I have nothing to add in regards to gear but what is your 3 year old riding? How is he doing?
hvaughn88
8/8/2016 4:20pm
DPR250R wrote:
I have nothing to add in regards to gear but what is your 3 year old riding? How is he doing?
It's for the BMX track. He's just doing the strider class right now but just started riding his bike without training wheels so hopefully moving to a micro mini soon

The Shop

hvaughn88
8/8/2016 4:21pm
metzler316 wrote:
We carry the 2017 Fox stuff! It is shipping next month! You can get 4T size http://www.motosport.com/fox-racing-2017-peewee-180-combo-nirv [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/08/146343/s1200_X001_D2.jpg[/img]
We carry the 2017 Fox stuff! It is shipping next month! You can get 4T size

http://www.motosport.com/fox-racing-2017-peewee-180-combo-nirv

That stuff looks badass! I bet he would love that
8/8/2016 4:55pm
DPR250R wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
It's for the BMX track. He's just doing the strider class right now but just started riding his bike without training wheels so hopefully moving to...
It's for the BMX track. He's just doing the strider class right now but just started riding his bike without training wheels so hopefully moving to a micro mini soon
We bought our son Thor gear for his strider racing. They are they only ones I know besides fox that makes small sizes.
8/8/2016 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2016 6:08pm

This is my son in the smallest fox gear they have he will be 3 in October
hvaughn88
8/8/2016 6:10pm
^that's an awesome picture! Thanks for posting that, it gives me a good idea of what to expect
AngryBear
8/8/2016 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2016 6:11pm
i've got a (current) 3 & 5yr old, both had a set fox when they turned 3. jersey only fit well then, pants when they were about 4...
8/8/2016 6:13pm
The pants are still a little big but shirt fits pretty nice he loves it
crusher773
8/8/2016 6:17pm
Axo also makes some really small stuff. Boots and gloves for sure. I think they have some really small gear too.
JeepnMike
8/9/2016 12:07pm
As a BMX dad, you may want to be certain you are noting that MX and BMX gear is different! Not so much the jerseys, but the pants are different. Some gear manufacturers claim their gear is for BMX, but it is the same stuff you get for your motorcycle. To my best research as of October last year, Fly and TLD are the only that make BMX specific racing pants. The main difference is that the BMX pants will be a bit lighter, and they will not have the heat shielding at the knees.

Fly Kinetic gear is somewhat affordable, sized for your little guy, and is BMX specific (double check for the heat shielding at the knees, they also sell the same appearing pants for MX). Fly does a very good job of making small sizes for BMX stuff, light helmets and all.

Have fun!! Kids progress out of the strider class fast, then it gets expensive Smile
hvaughn88
8/9/2016 12:10pm
JeepnMike wrote:
As a BMX dad, you may want to be certain you are noting that MX and BMX gear is different! Not so much the jerseys, but...
As a BMX dad, you may want to be certain you are noting that MX and BMX gear is different! Not so much the jerseys, but the pants are different. Some gear manufacturers claim their gear is for BMX, but it is the same stuff you get for your motorcycle. To my best research as of October last year, Fly and TLD are the only that make BMX specific racing pants. The main difference is that the BMX pants will be a bit lighter, and they will not have the heat shielding at the knees.

Fly Kinetic gear is somewhat affordable, sized for your little guy, and is BMX specific (double check for the heat shielding at the knees, they also sell the same appearing pants for MX). Fly does a very good job of making small sizes for BMX stuff, light helmets and all.

Have fun!! Kids progress out of the strider class fast, then it gets expensive Smile
hahaha, I hear ya. My older son races too and he is 8. We are all three racing right now. It is expensive, but coming from a moto, mountain bike and road bike background, it seems relatively cheap to me when compared to those sports. Speaking of which, I gotta order some new bars. Went down pretty hard last friday night and bent mine up pretty good, haha.
Question
8/9/2016 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 12:15pm
38 with Large shirt is what suits best !

Joke aside, some gears in this thread look great !
MOTO120
8/9/2016 12:51pm
govolsdeep wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/08/146356/s1200_20160709_082019.jpg[/img] This is my son in the smallest fox gear they have he will be 3 in October

Is this just a standard Fox Youth Small jersey then and a 22 pant?

Thanks!
JeepnMike
8/9/2016 1:05pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
hahaha, I hear ya. My older son races too and he is 8. We are all three racing right now. It is expensive, but coming from...
hahaha, I hear ya. My older son races too and he is 8. We are all three racing right now. It is expensive, but coming from a moto, mountain bike and road bike background, it seems relatively cheap to me when compared to those sports. Speaking of which, I gotta order some new bars. Went down pretty hard last friday night and bent mine up pretty good, haha.
You are a bigger man than me for racing! I go out and rip a bit with my kids on practice days or gate practice, but I leave the racing for the real mixed nuts in the 40+ year old class. Crashing hurts a lot worse at my age Grinning It kills me a little because for my age, you can't get in much better shape and I still somewhat "have it" on a bike. Risk vs. reward, I will take the safe route and be at work on Monday. Silly

At any rate, it is completely rad all 3 of you are on the track and having fun in arguably the best family sport on the planet.
hvaughn88
8/9/2016 1:11pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
hahaha, I hear ya. My older son races too and he is 8. We are all three racing right now. It is expensive, but coming from...
JeepnMike wrote:
You are a bigger man than me for racing! I go out and rip a bit with my kids on practice days or gate practice, but...
You are a bigger man than me for racing! I go out and rip a bit with my kids on practice days or gate practice, but I leave the racing for the real mixed nuts in the 40+ year old class. Crashing hurts a lot worse at my age Grinning It kills me a little because for my age, you can't get in much better shape and I still somewhat "have it" on a bike. Risk vs. reward, I will take the safe route and be at work on Monday. Silly

At any rate, it is completely rad all 3 of you are on the track and having fun in arguably the best family sport on the planet.
As I was getting up from my crash last friday night, one of the other dads that helps at the track yelled at me as I was slowly finishing my lap "remember, you have to go to work on Monday!" haha.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
8/9/2016 2:40pm
govolsdeep wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/08/146356/s1200_20160709_082019.jpg[/img] This is my son in the smallest fox gear they have he will be 3 in October

This is really helpful. My oldest little guy will be 3 in a few months and I'm starting to think when he'll be able to fit into some gear. Do you happen to know about how many inches tall he was in that photo?

Post a reply to: Gear for a 3 year old?

The Latest