Gear brands that give back to sport

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2018 8:25 AM

I’m looking at picking up some 2019 fresh gear because I got gasoline stains all over my current kit at an interesting refuel at a race. I want to support a company that really invests in local racing. Does anybody know who is really out there supporting racing and riding for local joes?

|

7/31/2018 8:28 AM

I see FLY (WPS) helping riders and promoters at every level in the sport.

|

7/31/2018 8:53 AM

Fox just bought pala raceway

|

7/31/2018 9:22 AM

Tld runs a race team? I consider that a pretty big contribution.

|

7/31/2018 9:42 AM

I used to ask gear companies to support local events and always got support from AXO, Scott, EVS, Pro Circuit, Racetech, Answer and a few others, can't remember. This runs from 2 stroke pipes, full gear sets, suspension, grips and motor mods etc. Fox and Oakley NEVER gave anything up to us for grassroots support. Fox bought advertising from Pala. I don't see them lowering prices or even throwing out a free ride day any time soon.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

7/31/2018 9:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2018 9:45 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "giving back to the sport." All gear companies are for-profit companies and operate on razor thin margins. Most major gear companies have amateur "sponsorship" programs which offer discounts to member riders (upwards of 20%-40% off).

To my knowledge, there isn't a truly "made in USA" gear company out there as most, if not all, of the gear we can choose from is ultimately made in China, Vietnam, India, etc...

|

7/31/2018 9:46 AM

In my bmx racing days from 02 to 10 just about every team had a fly sponsor. They sponsored everyone who wanted to be by them. At the time I didn’t like that so I really didn’t like fly. Looking back that’s what makes me buy fly now.

|

7/31/2018 9:55 AM

I would say that WPS and Fly put the most back into the sport as far as gear companies.

|

7/31/2018 10:13 AM

FLY/WPS pours a ton of money into the offroad community, especially the hare scramble series in Virginia.

|

7/31/2018 10:15 AM

What about FXR? I see a lot of privateers rocking their stuff. Don't know much about the company myself though to gauge what "they give back to the community"

|

7/31/2018 10:37 AM

Photo
whistling
|

KX125

7/31/2018 11:12 AM

HenryA wrote: Photo
whistling

Never considered the "swag" angle...

|

7/31/2018 11:25 AM

overtheedge wrote:

What about FXR? I see a lot of privateers rocking their stuff. Don't know much about the company myself though to gauge what "they give back to the community"

Most privateers will wear whatever is free.

|

7/31/2018 11:31 AM

whistling

I used to only buy Fox stuff but after this s*** I switched to Fly. Not going back. Fly is awesome.

|

7/31/2018 11:41 AM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "giving back to the sport." All gear companies are for-profit companies and operate on razor thin margins. Most major gear companies have amateur "sponsorship" programs which offer discounts to member riders (upwards of 20%-40% off).

To my knowledge, there isn't a truly "made in USA" gear company out there as most, if not all, of the gear we can choose from is ultimately made in China, Vietnam, India, etc...

AM gear is made in the USA

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

7/31/2018 1:15 PM

As others have said Fly is probably the one I see doing the most. They support so many local racers I don't know how they turn a profit. I dig FXRs vibe, kind of has the Fox look without the negative connotation.

Fox has evolved into so much of a lifestyle brand that I just can't associate myself to them. Years ago (I think 2013) their backdrop to the new line of gear and clothing depicted different models smoking in the pictures. I'm just not down with that.

|

7/31/2018 1:19 PM

overtheedge wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

FXR supports right down to the Joe nobody. They offer great deals and support for all levels and disciplines of off-road racing. I know a few people sponsored by them (both MX and off-road)

|

7/31/2018 6:27 PM

whistling

This bullshit right here is why Fox just lost a 20+ year customer. Stupid fuckers.......

|

8/1/2018 6:02 AM

True MX is an upstart brand on the east coast that does a lot locally. Also has a very good rider support program

https://www.truemx.com/pages/factorysupportprogram

|

8/1/2018 6:34 AM

overtheedge wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

FXR does not give out free gear in the respect that I believe you think, they have a a bogo program that is 100% better than any other gear company. If you are a licensed pro, they pay even for 40th place finish.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

8/1/2018 8:44 AM

overtheedge wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Preston412 wrote:

FXR does not give out free gear in the respect that I believe you think, they have a a bogo program that is 100% better than any other gear company. If you are a licensed pro, they pay even for 40th place finish.

I guess my point is , privateers will take the best deal out there.

|