Gautier Paulin is putting an end to his career

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2020 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2020 10:45 AM

View this post on Instagram

C’est avec une grande émotion que je mets un terme à ma carrière. J’ai dédié toute ma vie à mon sport, cela a fait de moi l’homme que je suis aujourd’hui. J’ai vécu une merveilleuse ascension en 2007 lorsque j’ai signé mon premier contrat pro et remporté mon premier titre. Je suis tellement reconnaissant d’avoir pu me battre avec les meilleures pilotes du monde, gagné la confiance des marques les plus prestigieuses, porté le maillot de ma nation durant onze années consécutives et remporté cette épreuve. J’aime le challenge, la performance, la rigueur, ma volonté de donner le meilleur. J’ai connu des moments de joie inégalables, j’ai mené les championnats du monde MX2 et MXGP, chanté la Marseillaise avec mon public, des émotions gravées, le sport unit tellement. Rempli d’humilité je vous remercie pour tout, je ne vous oublierai pas! #GP21 . It is with a great deal of emotion that I have decided to call «time» on my career. I have dedicated my whole life to my sport and it has made me the man I am today. I had a wonderful awakening in 2007 when I signed my first pro contract and won my first title. It set me on a path I had dreamt of. I'm so grateful that I got to fight with the best riders in the world, gain the trust of the most prestigious companies and brands, wear my nation's jersey for eleven consecutive years at the Motocross of Nations and win the event. I love challenges, performance, hard work, and having the desire to give my best. I’ve experienced indescribable feelings of joy, I’ve led the MX2 and MXGP world championships, sang the Marseillaise with the public, and lived through strong emotions that have marked me forever. I also have the most unbelievable fans and I humbly thank every single one of them as well as every single person that helped or believed in me for the last fifteen years and more. Sport unites us. Now it is time for the next chapter. #GP21

A post shared by Gautier Paulin (@gautierpaulin) on

|

10/29/2020 10:03 AM

Quite the career.......

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

10/29/2020 10:06 AM

Damn! Gonna miss watching him ride!! Such a great style!

|

10/29/2020 10:08 AM

Taking win at end of his long career was great ending.

|

10/29/2020 10:10 AM

Amazing career. Didn’t expect it but he won’t ride for free ofcourse. Always reminds me of this leap he did during timepractice in Lommel few years ago. Only did it once or twice. Very impressive rider

|

10/29/2020 10:10 AM

|

10/29/2020 10:22 AM

Didn’t really saw this one coming either, same like Desalle.. Untill i read his interview with RacerX after Lommel, it got me wondering...

What a career and what a ride it has been for Paulin. If he was in his zone on his day, he could beat everyone.

Still hoped he would take the 2nd spot at Kawasaki for 21. He and a KXF just belongs together IMO..

Thanks Gautier, enjoy you’re retirement and family life! Cheers.

|

10/29/2020 10:23 AM

Honestly I am both very happy he can exit healthy but as the same time quite sad.

He is a true french legend. He didn't win a world title but his multiple mxdn wins put him in the same league as the very best.

Top souvenirs:

- going all out to pass the leap and to stay in front of Cairoli for the team win at the muddy mxdn in red bud
- his first mxdn win in italy in 2009 while he was still a 250 rider, that was as much shocking !
- his US experience in 2010 that was posted on dv12.com, super cool to see more the inside (the old engine and carb yzf was not helping but he did great with what he had!).

|

10/29/2020 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2020 10:31 AM

What a great rider and a fantastic ambassador for French Motocross!

People tend to remember this race for the Herlings/RV battle, but often we forget who won.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

10/29/2020 10:31 AM

Glad I got to see him at Red Bud in 2018. Dude is one hell of a rider!

|

10/29/2020 11:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2020 12:26 PM

Fuck, now i'm feeling old.

|

Power is nothing without control

10/29/2020 11:30 AM

Great style, and such an impressive career. A shame a guy 6th in points who can still win cant get a good paid ride.

|

10/29/2020 11:33 AM

Didn’t see that coming, it’s sad when the old guard retires but that’s how all sports are. Will certainly miss GP out there on the track.

|

10/29/2020 11:42 AM

When you put in the rides he did at the MXdN, you're an all-time great, as far as I'm concerned.

|

10/29/2020 11:46 AM

Desalle and Paulin, 2 of my favorite GP riders retiring the same year. Bittersweet.

Congrats on a hell of a career.

|

10/29/2020 11:50 AM

motomike137 wrote:

One of the first/only guys doing the leap!

|

10/29/2020 2:27 PM

motomike137 wrote:

Markopolo400 wrote:

One of the first/only guys doing the leap!

Together with Coldenhoff lap after lap?

|

10/29/2020 2:54 PM

Awesome career and such a cool riding style - he's especially come through for France so many times at the MXDN. He will be missed and I wish him all the best with whatever he takes on next.

|

10/29/2020 4:06 PM

With him and DeSalle retiring it’s signaling the end of an era. Obviously AC is still going on but he’s a freak of nature. It’s a nice change seeing these guys retire with long careers and relatively healthy unlike in the US it seems.

|

10/29/2020 4:07 PM

How incredible is it that Strijbos has still been going?

|

10/29/2020 7:32 PM

Fantastic career . MXDN legend . Going out in style . 👍

|

10/29/2020 8:23 PM

I once was in Spain and thought I read a mx mag article that he started out with a decent bmx background. Guy had no filter and hell of a rider. His kawi years were some of his best in my opinion

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

10/29/2020 8:34 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

I once was in Spain and thought I read a mx mag article that he started out with a decent bmx background. Guy had no filter and hell of a rider. His kawi years were some of his best in my opinion

Yes BMX upbringing. SANDRA always had a thing for him. Yummy is what she'd say.

|

10/29/2020 8:37 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

He's a BMX World Champion.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/30/2020 12:39 AM

Bonne retraite Mister big jump.

|

10/30/2020 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2020 1:45 AM

An end of an era. No offence to the new guys coming up but they have a long way to match or become as big profiles as Paulin and Desalle has been the last decade.

|

10/30/2020 1:36 AM

Motofinne wrote:

An end of an era. No offence to the new guys coming up but they have a long way to match or become as big profiles as Paulin and Desalle has been the last decade.

True that. Both guys with style and personality. They're rather scarse nowadays.

|

10/30/2020 2:55 AM

He was never scared to go big.. While it's not as big as he's gone it was completely unnecessary which makes it cool in my book haha.. Paulin rules
Photo
Photo

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

10/30/2020 6:21 AM

He had some days where he was the absolute best in the world. Loved his style and watching him always come up big at the Nations.

|

10/30/2020 6:36 AM

I have a feeling one of the two desalle or paulin will be riding in mxgp next year.

|