Gate malfunction?

Edited Date/Time 6/7/2019 3:05pm
After the second 250 moto, everyone on the podium complained that the gate flinched prior to falling. If there was a gate malfunction, why was the race not red flagged and restarted? I'm too lazy to look this up in the AMA rule book. I figure someone here probably knows the answer.
|
DC
5/26/2019 9:21am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 9:29am
After the second 250 moto, everyone on the podium complained that the gate flinched prior to falling. If there was a gate malfunction, why was the...
After the second 250 moto, everyone on the podium complained that the gate flinched prior to falling. If there was a gate malfunction, why was the race not red flagged and restarted? I'm too lazy to look this up in the AMA rule book. I figure someone here probably knows the answer.
There was no gate malfunction, one of the riders hit it and it caused others to flinch. Check out the Fox Raceway race report on Racer X Online to see the video. I believe it was Chase Sexton, and that caused the two guys next to him (AC and Justin Cooper) to flinch. They were the ones who mentioned at the press conference, but if you watch the video I think yet is pretty obvious what happened. As soon as it happened we dropped the gate six times and even videoed it and nothing happened to indicate a problem.

DC
Racer X

The Shop

5/26/2019 9:35am
To me it doesn't look like Sexton caused the flinch of the gate. Everyone flinched at the same time. Sexton just happened to flinch and go too far forward into the gate. Look at AC's helmet cam and watch Cooper on the right of him flinch at the exact same time as Sexton.
SEEMEFIRST
5/26/2019 9:36am
Gate flinch?
These guys are supposed to be pros. They've seen every crappy gate drop their whole career.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/26/2019 10:13am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Gate flinch?
These guys are supposed to be pros. They've seen every crappy gate drop their whole career.
I agree somewhat. The gate did flinch though and when you're in that mode, it makes all the difference.
Hammer 663s
5/26/2019 10:18am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 10:20am
It flinched for sure next to the doghouse. Funny that it didn't at the far end, but there's a lot of slop in the mechanism that far away. I'd have hammered it, then been pissed off that there was no restart. Amateur hour yet again on the officiating.

Hammer 663s
DC
5/26/2019 10:18am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 10:19am
To me it doesn't look like Sexton caused the flinch of the gate. Everyone flinched at the same time. Sexton just happened to flinch and go...
To me it doesn't look like Sexton caused the flinch of the gate. Everyone flinched at the same time. Sexton just happened to flinch and go too far forward into the gate. Look at AC's helmet cam and watch Cooper on the right of him flinch at the exact same time as Sexton.
On the other side of the box, the fourth gate over, another rider jumped before Chase and hit the gate. That was likely what caused Sexton to go and AC and Justin too. But Chase went first and furthest on the left side of the box. I have a video of that too but I am on a plane and can't load it up just yet...

Not really sure what we could have done, as it wasn't a gate malfunction but a racing incident and a chain reaction. How is that amateur hour?

DC
Racer X
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/26/2019 10:24am
It flinched for sure next to the doghouse. Funny that it didn't at the far end, but there's a lot of slop in the mechanism that...
It flinched for sure next to the doghouse. Funny that it didn't at the far end, but there's a lot of slop in the mechanism that far away. I'd have hammered it, then been pissed off that there was no restart. Amateur hour yet again on the officiating.

Hammer 663s
You guys get video proof and you still want to argue a non issue, the only time the gate moves is when someone hit it.
DC
5/26/2019 10:26am
It flinched for sure next to the doghouse. Funny that it didn't at the far end, but there's a lot of slop in the mechanism that...

Hammer 663s
Again, guy on the other side hit it first, and maybe that's what sent Sexton into it, and AC and Cooper to flinch. The gate did its job all day long.

DC
Racer X
kkawboy14
5/26/2019 10:28am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 10:35am
If anything it should have been a do over because The guy beside AC was able to blow all the way thru the gate. The gate didn’t flinch
plowboy
5/26/2019 10:34am
To me it doesn't look like Sexton caused the flinch of the gate. Everyone flinched at the same time. Sexton just happened to flinch and go...
DC wrote:
On the other side of the box, the fourth gate over, another rider jumped before Chase and hit the gate. That was likely what caused Sexton...
On the other side of the box, the fourth gate over, another rider jumped before Chase and hit the gate. That was likely what caused Sexton to go and AC and Justin too. But Chase went first and furthest on the left side of the box. I have a video of that too but I am on a plane and can't load it up just yet...

Not really sure what we could have done, as it wasn't a gate malfunction but a racing incident and a chain reaction. How is that amateur hour?

DC
Racer X
If you could make everything perfect people would still bitch about how perfect things are. Great track, awesome racing, fantastic day...I'd say you did your part DC..give herself a high five buddy.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/26/2019 10:34am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 10:35am

Hammer 663s
DC wrote:
Again, guy on the other side hit it first, and maybe that's what sent Sexton into it, and AC and Cooper to flinch. The gate did...
Again, guy on the other side hit it first, and maybe that's what sent Sexton into it, and AC and Cooper to flinch. The gate did its job all day long.

DC
Racer X
Having seen other video, what Davey said is correct, the other rider hit the gate and actually made it look like it flinched.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/26/2019 10:36am
DC wrote:
On the other side of the box, the fourth gate over, another rider jumped before Chase and hit the gate. That was likely what caused Sexton...

DC
Racer X
plowboy wrote:
If you could make everything perfect people would still bitch about how perfect things are. Great track, awesome racing, fantastic day...I'd say you did your part...
If you could make everything perfect people would still bitch about how perfect things are. Great track, awesome racing, fantastic day...I'd say you did your part DC..give herself a high five buddy.
I agree, I think that was one of the best tracks and over all racing I have seen in a long time. Lakewood next weekend !!!
CoolCoolCool
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/26/2019 10:37am
avidchimp wrote:
Having seen other video, what Davey said is correct, the other rider hit the gate and actually made it look like it flinched.
Don't go using facts and video proof here, it just wont fly Wink
plowboy
5/26/2019 11:39am
Lol...we had a comment from a rider on the gate. I gave him the STFU noob and asked about the weekend but...poof... it was gone. Which rider crashed in the second turn of that moto?
fpandjic
5/26/2019 12:04pm
DC wrote:
There was no gate malfunction, one of the riders hit it and it caused others to flinch. Check out the Fox Raceway race report on Racer...
There was no gate malfunction, one of the riders hit it and it caused others to flinch. Check out the Fox Raceway race report on Racer X Online to see the video. I believe it was Chase Sexton, and that caused the two guys next to him (AC and Justin Cooper) to flinch. They were the ones who mentioned at the press conference, but if you watch the video I think yet is pretty obvious what happened. As soon as it happened we dropped the gate six times and even videoed it and nothing happened to indicate a problem.

DC
Racer X
Actually no, the gate did flinch. Check it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DnQy2KkhVM
SEEMEFIRST
5/26/2019 12:16pm
DC wrote:
There was no gate malfunction, one of the riders hit it and it caused others to flinch. Check out the Fox Raceway race report on Racer...

DC
Racer X
fpandjic wrote:
Actually no, the gate did flinch. Check it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DnQy2KkhVM
Because someone hit it. Geez Louise!
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
5/26/2019 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 12:21pm
I skimmed through the comments, but saw the Gopro video and it definitely flinched.

Hammer 663s
5/26/2019 12:22pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
fpandjic wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
The gate flinches TOWARDS the rider when someone hits it?? Splain to me how that works. From ACs view it looks like a pure flinch of the gate. Drop the playback speed to .25 and you can see the pin on the gate to his right move. When I'm on the gate, that's what I am keying on - the pin to my right, not the gate. That pin twitches.
crowe176
5/26/2019 12:24pm
Holy shit, did Masterpool's bike have NOS? That was a crazy boost half way down the start!
DC
5/26/2019 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 12:26pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
fpandjic wrote:
Again, and again, because whoever was the fourth guy to the RIGHT of the box hit it first, causing it to shake, and then Sexton hit it, and the guys around him (Cianciarulo and Cooper) reacted as well. That's not a reason to restart a race. That's someone making a mistake that throws others off. The gate did its job.

DC
Racer X
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/26/2019 12:27pm
plowboy wrote:
Lol...we had a comment from a rider on the gate. I gave him the STFU noob and asked about the weekend but...poof... it was gone. Which...
Lol...we had a comment from a rider on the gate. I gave him the STFU noob and asked about the weekend but...poof... it was gone. Which rider crashed in the second turn of that moto?
Shit, a pro posts here and boom it's gone. We'll never know
MxRewind
5/26/2019 12:29pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Gate flinch?
The instant that pin moves my instinct is to GO! So if the gate flinches whatever the cause may be I’d probably do exactly what Sexton, AC, and cooper did. It happens, not all that big of a deal.
plowboy
5/26/2019 12:39pm
Fellas, there ain't many people I trust in life but DC is one of 'em. I haven't ever seen him caught out in a lie. He's always come across as a hard working honest Joe. He says he checked the gate numerous times and could find nothing wrong. What more can he do? Call the results invalid and award points to your particular favorite rider?
oldblood
5/26/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 12:46pm
fpandjic wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
The gate flinches TOWARDS the rider when someone hits it?? Splain to me how that works. From ACs view it looks like a pure flinch of...
The gate flinches TOWARDS the rider when someone hits it?? Splain to me how that works. From ACs view it looks like a pure flinch of the gate. Drop the playback speed to .25 and you can see the pin on the gate to his right move. When I'm on the gate, that's what I am keying on - the pin to my right, not the gate. That pin twitches.
Splain: because when someone hits the gate it bounces forward then falls back against the pin with Force this is what causes the other gates to flinch to me this is part of motocross not cause for a restart
gt80rider
5/26/2019 12:53pm
If u look only at ac's gate, it moved.. Should have been a re start....
oldblood
5/26/2019 12:59pm
gt80rider wrote:
If u look only at ac's gate, it moved.. Should have been a re start....
I thought he won?

Post a reply to: Gate malfunction?

The Latest