GasGas and KTM team question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2020 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2020 3:59 PM

Can someone explain to me what the logic is with the way GasGas going with only 1 450 rider and RBKTM going with 1 250 rider? Seems like since the teams are paying money to develop the bikes, driving the rig coast to coast countless times it would make sense to have AT LEAST 2 riders on each bike? Probably more of an issue with the KTM 250 with Volland. Its like a couple years back when Alix was on a 250 with the RMATVMC KTM team, Forrest Butler fully admitted that they couldn't and didn't give Alix the time and support he deserved, and he thus struggled. It seems like Volland is getting set up for the same fate. They should put another rider (should have been Hartranft) on the opposite coast to help both the team and the young Volland with testing, set up etc. Barcia is in the same boat over on the GasGas team, but obviously has a better handle on the testing side. The team is still setting themselves up for failure if Justin hurts himself though.

Just thinking out loud.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

11/18/2020 4:05 PM

Money and pecking order. KTM is Flagship = Most money, White bike = Tier 2, Red bike = Tier 3.

|

11/18/2020 4:19 PM

clydesdalecameron wrote:

Money and pecking order. KTM is Flagship = Most money, White bike = Tier 2, Red bike = Tier 3.

Bwaaahaaahahahahahaa

Husky has 3 450s & 3 250s.

So, you were saying?

laughing

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/18/2020 4:27 PM

clydesdalecameron wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Bwaaahaaahahahahahaa

So, you were saying?

laughing

I had to laugh when Weege pointed out that Redbull has 6 riders under the Austrian tent and Rockstar had to have the same.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

11/18/2020 4:34 PM

clydesdalecameron wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Bwaaahaaahahahahahaa

So, you were saying?

laughing

Dimblewambie wrote:

I had to laugh when Weege pointed out that Redbull has 6 riders under the Austrian tent and Rockstar had to have the same.

If the you do the math, Red Bull is still fielding the same amount of “Moto”...but, on 2 different brands; which, is VERY COOL & ...I feel... speaks very highly of a guy named Troy Lee.

Technically you could say there’s “one less” 250 rider over-all...but, when the money gets divided between two brands...I’m calling it “even”.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/19/2020 3:35 AM

It's the same amount of riders as last year, just distributed differently.

|

11/19/2020 5:02 AM

Will all 3 KTM riders be out of the same semi or will there be a 450 and 250 semi?

|

11/19/2020 7:00 AM

I was told these were all very different brands

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It