GasGas 450 Factory Edition

Digger29
2/26/2021 10:57am
MN_MX595 wrote:
For what it's worth, I've compiled pics of all the exhausts I could find so far for the GasGas. I won't lie, that HGS is a...
For what it's worth, I've compiled pics of all the exhausts I could find so far for the GasGas. I won't lie, that HGS is a sweet lookin' piece, can't decide if that's what I'm going to buy yet thought. I'm trying to wait until I ride mine at least once. I did the airbox mod already, so trying not to mess with it too much LOL.

Heh, thanks Digger_29 Wink

I've owned or tested them all except the HGS and my first choice would be the FMF because it works and it works the best for the widest group of riders talent-wise. My next choice would be the PC system. I had the full Akro system 2yrs ago and yes it's definitely a work of art but it was just too sleepy for me so I sold it. The Yosh is just OK but is getting a little long in the tooth looks wise me so that's a huge no go for me. The HGS is hugely popular in Europe and I'd love to test one and run it on the dyno to see how it compares to my FMF. Just my 2 cents so please don't shoot the messenger :-)
MDana87
2/26/2021 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2021 12:37pm

RedLabel graphics & seat cover
Excel rims w/OE KTM hubs
Cerakoted OE clamps
Dirt Tricks sprockets w/DID ERVT chain
ProTaper bars
Vented air box cover (only air box "mod" I know about)
8hrs in, still working on moto suspension settings

Engine mounts, Vortex, slip-on/full exhaust, clutch cover on the list...
Digger29
2/26/2021 1:04pm
MDana87 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/26/480477/s1200_IMG_E8972.jpg[/img] RedLabel graphics & seat cover Excel rims w/OE KTM hubs Cerakoted OE clamps Dirt Tricks sprockets w/DID ERVT chain ProTaper bars Vented air box cover...

RedLabel graphics & seat cover
Excel rims w/OE KTM hubs
Cerakoted OE clamps
Dirt Tricks sprockets w/DID ERVT chain
ProTaper bars
Vented air box cover (only air box "mod" I know about)
8hrs in, still working on moto suspension settings

Engine mounts, Vortex, slip-on/full exhaust, clutch cover on the list...
Super clean and very cool looking. Skip the engine mounts because they're going to stiffen up the chassis and that's exactly what you don't want to do. Wait until you take the clutch cover off and see just how heavy it is. You're gong to swear it's made from steel. Looking good so far brother :-)
DLP600
2/26/2021 2:51pm
Digger29 wrote:
Thanks brother :-) It's definitely a work in progress. The skid plate final came in. I have white hoses from Moto Hose for it. I'm building...
Thanks brother :-) It's definitely a work in progress. The skid plate final came in. I have white hoses from Moto Hose for it. I'm building a custom pr of cone valves right now for it. I weighed a few wks ago at our pet supply store on our expensive pet scale and with all the Ti bolts, pipe, pegs and Guts phantom seat foam it weighed 216.6. I know will probably weigh 220ish with the skid plate and spring cone valves but I was super serious about what it weighed the way you see it the pics, it's pretty damn light. I forgot I swapped the stock clutch and cover to a Rekluse torque drive and damn the stock clutch felt like it was made of steel and it weighed a ton in comparison to the Rekluse cover.
prida28 wrote:
Man that bike looks awesome! I have an FMF Exhaust, P3 skid plate and set of black wheels with Red hubs on back order as well...
Man that bike looks awesome!

I have an FMF Exhaust, P3 skid plate and set of black wheels with Red hubs on back order as well. So hard to find parts sometime. I am also doing a set of Specbolt Nickel Wurks (just for the look).

Where are you getting your CV’s from? I thinking about selling my KYB and trying a set.

Also, please post picture of white hoses. I am really curious to see how they look.

Thanks for sharing!
Digger29 wrote:
This is far as I've gotten with the white hoses, skid plate and holeshot device. I heard my CVs are done so that might give me...
This is far as I've gotten with the white hoses, skid plate and holeshot device. I heard my CVs are done so that might give me some much needed motivation to finish the bike. I did put these white radiator louvers on the other day though 😁😁

Who makes the skid plate?

The Shop

MDana87
2/26/2021 7:22pm
Digger29 wrote:
Super clean and very cool looking. Skip the engine mounts because they're going to stiffen up the chassis and that's exactly what you don't want to...
Super clean and very cool looking. Skip the engine mounts because they're going to stiffen up the chassis and that's exactly what you don't want to do. Wait until you take the clutch cover off and see just how heavy it is. You're gong to swear it's made from steel. Looking good so far brother :-)
Yeah, I liked the stock look but wanted to amp it up just a bit. I haven’t pulled the clutch cover off yet. I’ve heard stories about it being able to double as a boat anchor .
Smile
Digger29
2/27/2021 6:31am
prida28 wrote:
Man that bike looks awesome! I have an FMF Exhaust, P3 skid plate and set of black wheels with Red hubs on back order as well...
Man that bike looks awesome!

I have an FMF Exhaust, P3 skid plate and set of black wheels with Red hubs on back order as well. So hard to find parts sometime. I am also doing a set of Specbolt Nickel Wurks (just for the look).

Where are you getting your CV’s from? I thinking about selling my KYB and trying a set.

Also, please post picture of white hoses. I am really curious to see how they look.

Thanks for sharing!
Digger29 wrote:
This is far as I've gotten with the white hoses, skid plate and holeshot device. I heard my CVs are done so that might give me...
This is far as I've gotten with the white hoses, skid plate and holeshot device. I heard my CVs are done so that might give me some much needed motivation to finish the bike. I did put these white radiator louvers on the other day though 😁😁

DLP600 wrote:
Who makes the skid plate?
It's the carbon composite KTM plate that bolts right on because the frame already has the mounting tabs there.
BigDaddyG
2/27/2021 11:23am
Barcia's bike is one of the baddest looking rides on the starting line! So bitchen'
DB505
2/27/2021 4:57pm
Motoman35 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/25/474939/s1200_Husky.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/25/474940/s1200_Husky.jpg[/img] Here is what Sean at DeCal works is working on for me a little retro to get my red fix Sean Murdock 815-784-4000 x...

Here is what Sean at DeCal works is working on for me a little retro to get my red fix

Sean Murdock
815-784-4000 x 254
DeCal Works
Nice Sean does my stuff too
MDana87
3/3/2021 12:30pm
Suspension settings are subjective, but what are you guys finding with the stock stuff?

I've found it's definitely soft & the forks seem to be smooth throughout the stroke, without the mid-stroke harshness I felt on the stock '19 KTM stuff. I've found the air pressure requirements are way higher than what I ran on the '19 as well. I've also found Keefer's published recommendations (here) to be soft as well.

For context; I'm 5'8", 185, Vet B running MX on med-high speed soft dirt layout. Here's where I am now with more to test:

FORK
2nd line (5mm from clamp)
163psi (11.2bar)
6 out Compression
12 out Rebound
Stock oil & height

SHOCK
103 sag (33 static, stock spring)
1.5T out on High-Speed Compression
7 out on Low-Speed Compression
10 out on Rebound (stock rebound (15) is SOOOO fast!)
Motoman35
3/3/2021 3:37pm
MDana87 wrote:
Suspension settings are subjective, but what are you guys finding with the stock stuff? I've found it's definitely soft & the forks seem to be smooth...
Suspension settings are subjective, but what are you guys finding with the stock stuff?

I've found it's definitely soft & the forks seem to be smooth throughout the stroke, without the mid-stroke harshness I felt on the stock '19 KTM stuff. I've found the air pressure requirements are way higher than what I ran on the '19 as well. I've also found Keefer's published recommendations (here) to be soft as well.

For context; I'm 5'8", 185, Vet B running MX on med-high speed soft dirt layout. Here's where I am now with more to test:

FORK
163psi (11.2bar)
6 out Compression
12 out Rebound
Stock oil & height

SHOCK
Nice report thank you
MN_MX595
3/4/2021 9:16am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 9:17am
MDana87 wrote:
Suspension settings are subjective, but what are you guys finding with the stock stuff? I've found it's definitely soft & the forks seem to be smooth...

FORK
163psi (11.2bar)
6 out Compression
12 out Rebound
Stock oil & height

SHOCK
Awesome write up.

I have yet to ride mine besides up and down the street. However, I must say the rear spring feels soft as some mentioned during their "1st ride" videos.

Has anyone swapped the spring out yet? I'm going to ride mine first, but I am only like 180lbs soaking wet. My experience on bikes is telling me it feels soft, but I'm trying to wait until I ride it lol.

Been working on some parts for the bike on my 3D printer. Already got an hour meter bracket done for my Tusk meter [everything else was backordered].
Next will be fork lug guards, and possibly a skid plate if I feel like take some measurements and whipping something together in Fusion360. Master cylinder guards are on my list as well for some bling parts.

Gonna be printing out of Carbon infused Nylon, will be VERY strong and should look pretty cool also.
MDana87
3/4/2021 12:38pm
MN_MX595 wrote:
Awesome write up. I have yet to ride mine besides up and down the street. However, I must say the rear spring feels soft as some...
Awesome write up.

I have yet to ride mine besides up and down the street. However, I must say the rear spring feels soft as some mentioned during their "1st ride" videos.

Has anyone swapped the spring out yet? I'm going to ride mine first, but I am only like 180lbs soaking wet. My experience on bikes is telling me it feels soft, but I'm trying to wait until I ride it lol.

Been working on some parts for the bike on my 3D printer. Already got an hour meter bracket done for my Tusk meter [everything else was backordered].
Next will be fork lug guards, and possibly a skid plate if I feel like take some measurements and whipping something together in Fusion360. Master cylinder guards are on my list as well for some bling parts.

Gonna be printing out of Carbon infused Nylon, will be VERY strong and should look pretty cool also.
RE: Shock spring: I'm just a bit heavier than you and I'm within sag ranges, so I suspect you'll find the spring supports your weight. I think you're feeling the soft valving more than the spring.

I will say this, I've just under 10hrs on the bike now. My shock spring broke-in slowly up until and then dramatically between 6 & 6.5hrs. Someone will say I'm drunk, but I was moto'ing during this half hour period, same track, same lines, etc. and the bike went from good (neutral handling) to pushing (loosing all feel for the front tire) on corner exit. I was at a loss and I thought it was me. I checked sag when I got home. I started the session (@6hrs) at 103mm sag. At home (@6.5hrs) I was at 115. It's been stable ever since resetting it. So, keep an eye out for that. Also, for me and on my surfaces, I can not feel a difference in sag between 103 & 105mm. @110mm I loose front tire feel as soon as I'm on throttle in corners and @100mm the bike lost stability in higher speed (3rd/4th gear) rough sections.
Mr. Info
3/4/2021 2:18pm
I hear there is someone building a GasGas Factory Edition for a magazine story.
Motoman35
3/4/2021 5:15pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Could save time and just feature Digger's
hunterp27
3/5/2021 7:36pm
Finally got around to ordering numbers and some graphics for a few areas on the bike. Here she sits as of tonight
MN_MX595
3/5/2021 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2021 8:18pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/05/481676/s1200_CFDA1E7D_6C13_406B_9FC5_D275E6907A9D.jpg[/img]

I sent in my request for my kit from Brandon as well. He does great work.

Bike looks awesome!
Superdave19
3/5/2021 8:35pm
MN_MX595 wrote:
I sent in my request for my kit from Brandon as well. He does great work.

Bike looks awesome!
Thx! I finally broke down and did the KYB conversion.. really hope it’s as good as the hype.
Freakin’ awesome bike✊🏻
Digger29
3/6/2021 6:49am
Mr. Info wrote:
Motoman35 wrote:
Could save time and just feature Digger's
Thanks a bunch I appreciate that :-) My bike will definitely be finished next wk. I've finally have the red matched for the graphics and I'm tweaking the graphics on my laptop right now. My cone valves are shipped. I'll hopefully finish it by the middle of the wk and hopefully ride next weekend. It's going to be really warm up here next week and we've got 2 dozers, skid steer and a John Deere tractor at the track that I'm a member of and the guys will be doing their best to get the track ridable for us guys.
Digger29
3/11/2021 4:46pm
This is turning out to be THE longest bike build ever 🤔 Cone valves and updated graphics are on. I'm in the homestretch though 😁
3/11/2021 5:26pm
Finished it for you Digger...sprayed some SC1 on it and installed a couple decals. Badass bike you have there. I bet Andrew Short would like to take it for a spin...

kylemenz1
Fantasy
933rd
3/12/2021 8:16am
I got mine a couple weeks ago! 1 ride on it and love it. The only thing I’ve done is add the map switch and change the rear spring for my fat butt.

Motoman35
3/12/2021 10:03am
kylemenz1 wrote:
I got mine a couple weeks ago! 1 ride on it and love it. The only thing I’ve done is add the map switch and change...
I got mine a couple weeks ago! 1 ride on it and love it. The only thing I’ve done is add the map switch and change the rear spring for my fat butt.

Looks like you added a baby alsoSmile
Motoman35
3/12/2021 10:04am
Digger29 wrote:
This is turning out to be THE longest bike build ever 🤔 Cone valves and updated graphics are on. I'm in the homestretch though 😁 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/11/482583/s1200_PXL_20210312_001409822_2.jpg[/img]
This is turning out to be THE longest bike build ever 🤔 Cone valves and updated graphics are on. I'm in the homestretch though 😁
That's what I 'm talking about NICE
shortshift5
3/12/2021 11:26am
Digger29 wrote:
This is turning out to be THE longest bike build ever 🤔 Cone valves and updated graphics are on. I'm in the homestretch though 😁 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/11/482583/s1200_PXL_20210312_001409822_2.jpg[/img]
Is that a 250f muffler? It looks shorter.
Digger29
3/12/2021 11:56am
Digger29 wrote:
Is that a 250f muffler? It looks shorter.
No, it's the stock can from my Rockstar Husky shortened 2.5". Great pick up though :-)
prida28
3/17/2021 11:51am
Latest and greatest.

Recent updates
- Pro Circuit exhaust
- Nickle bolt kit
- Ride Clamps and Cone Valve from AEO
- P3 skid plate

Still waiting on

- Another set of wheels with black DID rims and Red Haan hubs (on order). The set that is on there is from Faster USA and is the dark burnt color.
- Full set of red plastic (EX -> MC) and matching graphics (waiting on graphics)
- MC fuel tank (on order)
- Red frame guards

Motoman35
3/17/2021 4:20pm
prida28 wrote:
Latest and greatest. Recent updates - Pro Circuit exhaust - Nickle bolt kit - Ride Clamps and Cone Valve from AEO - P3 skid plate Still...
Latest and greatest.

Recent updates
- Pro Circuit exhaust
- Nickle bolt kit
- Ride Clamps and Cone Valve from AEO
- P3 skid plate

Still waiting on

- Another set of wheels with black DID rims and Red Haan hubs (on order). The set that is on there is from Faster USA and is the dark burnt color.
- Full set of red plastic (EX -> MC) and matching graphics (waiting on graphics)
- MC fuel tank (on order)
- Red frame guards

Red hubs will look great please post

Post a reply to: GasGas 450 Factory Edition

The Latest