Gas Gas or Husky 300

Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 5:31pm
Buying my first new bike tomorrow! Coming off a 2017 Husky TX300. Will be buying either a Tx300i or an EX300. Same dealer so neither will be “a better deal” but obviously the gas gas is cheaper. Give me some pros and cons either way!
|
Bearuno
12/28/2020 8:53pm
It comes down to : Do you like White, or Red?

It's as simple as that.
TeamGreen
12/28/2020 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 8:59pm
Buying my first new bike tomorrow! Coming off a 2017 Husky TX300. Will be buying either a Tx300i or an EX300. Same dealer so neither will...
Buying my first new bike tomorrow! Coming off a 2017 Husky TX300. Will be buying either a Tx300i or an EX300. Same dealer so neither will be “a better deal” but obviously the gas gas is cheaper. Give me some pros and cons either way!
DOH! I was looking at the Enduros! (EC and TE)

On them, all I've noticed is...

No hand guards or skid-late on the GasGas. The Husky has the machined triple clamps...but, the clamps on the GasGas are axactly like the KTM EXCs. The Husky has the composite sub-frame. The headlights are different...not sure about the tail lights. Braketec Hydraulics on the GasGas/Magura on the Husky.

Other than that the GasGas seems a little skinnier than the Husky and...it's VERY red...which I think looks pretty good!
yz133rider
12/28/2020 9:03pm
I vote gasgas and the cash you save will likely come in handy to set it up for you anyway!!
TeamGreen
12/28/2020 9:04pm
On the EX versus TX looks like it's' just sub-frame, tires, hand gaurds and triple clamps?

The Shop

Talisker
12/28/2020 10:41pm
Go Gas Gas. That red looks good.
BikePilot
12/29/2020 4:37am
I think the Husky also has better wheels. Personally I'd go Husky because I like white and blue and the better brakes, wheels and triple clamps. I doubt the gasgas gives up much though and it's probably a better value.
Jeff_Brines
12/29/2020 4:54am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 4:55am
Was in this exact predicament a few weeks ago. I went red. Had a TX300i last year.

Here are the differences
*Husky has Magura brake and clutch; GasGas EX has Brembo (exact same as KTM)
*Plastics on GasGas are more like the KTM with a different fender
*Subframes are different
*Triple clamps though worth nothing the GasGas triple clamps allow for the rider to adjust his/her position more than the Husky (though obviously forged)
*Map switch, comes stock on Husky
*Hour meter, comes stock on Husky
*Clutch Cover
*Rims (but they are made in the same factory)
*Handlebar
*Handguards

Here is what we don't know
*Bearings (wheel, linkage etc). Though to be honest, I smoked my wheel bearings so fast last year I can't imagine they are worse
*Fork & Shock valving. Assumption is its the same on all the off road bikes, but we don't know.
*Map. Again, assumption is all the TPI bikes get the same mapping, but unsure

There ya go!
agn5009
12/29/2020 5:26am
I thought I read somewhere they were using the old KTM frames on the gas gas?
mxengineer1
12/29/2020 5:32am
Was in this exact predicament a few weeks ago. I went red. Had a TX300i last year. Here are the differences *Husky has Magura brake and...
Was in this exact predicament a few weeks ago. I went red. Had a TX300i last year.

Here are the differences
*Subframes are different
*Triple clamps though worth nothing the GasGas triple clamps allow for the rider to adjust his/her position more than the Husky (though obviously forged)
*Clutch Cover
*Handlebar
*Handguards

*Bearings (wheel, linkage etc). Though to be honest, I smoked my wheel bearings so fast last year I can't imagine they are worse
*Fork & Shock valving. Assumption is its the same on all the off road bikes, but we don't know.

There ya go!
Excellent detailed list. The unfinished aluminum clutch and mag covers on the Gas Gas models might be stronger than the painted magnesium covers on the Husky? The Pro Taper bars on the Husky offer more flex than the Neken bars on the Gas Gas? The Magura levers on the Husky have the fold forward feature. The shiny seat cover on the Gas Gas feels pretty thin but perhaps just as tough as the Husky seat cover?

'21 Gas Gas EX300 $9599 while '21 TX300i is $10,299....$700 lower MSRP for the Gas Gas....the bright red frame and plastic looks very nice...saw an EX300 yesterday at Five Star Powersports in Ducansville, Pa

Jeff_Brines
12/29/2020 5:34am
agn5009 wrote:
Incorrect.
Jeff_Brines
12/29/2020 5:35am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 5:36am
Excellent detailed list. The unfinished aluminum clutch and mag covers on the Gas Gas models might be stronger than the painted magnesium covers on the Husky...
Excellent detailed list. The unfinished aluminum clutch and mag covers on the Gas Gas models might be stronger than the painted magnesium covers on the Husky? The Pro Taper bars on the Husky offer more flex than the Neken bars on the Gas Gas? The Magura levers on the Husky have the fold forward feature. The shiny seat cover on the Gas Gas feels pretty thin but perhaps just as tough as the Husky seat cover?

'21 Gas Gas EX300 $9599 while '21 TX300i is $10,299....$700 lower MSRP for the Gas Gas....the bright red frame and plastic looks very nice...saw an EX300 yesterday at Five Star Powersports in Ducansville, Pa

Doh! Forgot the seat. Though the 2021 Husky seat cover is different than the 2020. I like the 2020 the best. On an unrelated note, the Brembo stuff feels easier to pull than the Magura stuff. Its a very small difference but there fwiw. (both bikes in my garage right now)
agn5009
12/29/2020 5:39am
agn5009 wrote:
Incorrect.
Ok good. I’m considering the gas gas as well but can get a really good deal on a new TX. So I’m not sure which route to go.
Jeff_Brines
12/29/2020 5:44am
agn5009 wrote:
Ok good. I’m considering the gas gas as well but can get a really good deal on a new TX. So I’m not sure which route...
Ok good. I’m considering the gas gas as well but can get a really good deal on a new TX. So I’m not sure which route to go.
For me it was easy. Save the money on stuff I don't really need (hand guards) or want (machined triple clamps). Get something a tiny bit different looking. Put the extra money into stuff I DO need (protection, tires, spare set of wheels etc.)

The two downsides I see to GasGas is finding replacement plastics (no aftermarket company is making them yet) or graphics (this won't take long, SKDA has some).

You might find a tiny bit of a dip on the resale side of things, but I sort of doubt it. Most people who ride off road change so much anyway I'm not so sure it'll really matter if you are red or white/blue as the bikes will probably sit "identical" when you go to sell.

...oh, and its a bit funny there isn't a factory hour meter on the GasGas. Get ready for lots of ads that read "GasGas EX300, like new, barely ridden, 20 hours of use at most!"
agn5009
12/29/2020 5:52am
agn5009 wrote:
Ok good. I’m considering the gas gas as well but can get a really good deal on a new TX. So I’m not sure which route...
For me it was easy. Save the money on stuff I don't really need (hand guards) or want (machined triple clamps). Get something a tiny bit...
For me it was easy. Save the money on stuff I don't really need (hand guards) or want (machined triple clamps). Get something a tiny bit different looking. Put the extra money into stuff I DO need (protection, tires, spare set of wheels etc.)

The two downsides I see to GasGas is finding replacement plastics (no aftermarket company is making them yet) or graphics (this won't take long, SKDA has some).

You might find a tiny bit of a dip on the resale side of things, but I sort of doubt it. Most people who ride off road change so much anyway I'm not so sure it'll really matter if you are red or white/blue as the bikes will probably sit "identical" when you go to sell.

...oh, and its a bit funny there isn't a factory hour meter on the GasGas. Get ready for lots of ads that read "GasGas EX300, like new, barely ridden, 20 hours of use at most!"
I can get the TX 300 for $9400 OTD. With the limited amount of GasGas dealers around me I’m not so sure I’ll get any sort of deal on one. I really do like how the Gas Gas looks though Smile
cesar_rc4
12/29/2020 7:23am
I recently bought a new ec300 and i choose it because it has alumiun subframe.
Ec came with braktec brakes and cluth but it run a good and with the save money you can buy plastics protetions for ignition and cluth cover or swingarm.
liver
12/29/2020 8:48am
For me, magura has the control like a sram guide brake system, while brembo has the feel of a shamano XT system. For that reason alone, I can’t see myself on a husky anytime soon.
Schlava
12/29/2020 9:22am
I have a 19 tx and 21 ex. For arguments sake the 19 tx is the same as the 21 from a fit stand point. The only difference in components that I've noticed is that the brembo clutch has more of an on off feel where I could feather the Magura easier. But that's small. After that is the seating set up. The husky sits you a little further "in" the bike than then Gas Gas does. The gas gas you sit a little more on top of.
LungButter
12/29/2020 9:29am
liver wrote:
For me, magura has the control like a sram guide brake system, while brembo has the feel of a shamano XT system. For that reason alone...
For me, magura has the control like a sram guide brake system, while brembo has the feel of a shamano XT system. For that reason alone, I can’t see myself on a husky anytime soon.
Cool story bro
hypermoto
12/29/2020 9:40am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 9:41am
agn5009 wrote:
For me it was easy. Save the money on stuff I don't really need (hand guards) or want (machined triple clamps). Get something a tiny bit...

agn5009 wrote:
I can get the TX 300 for $9400 OTD. With the limited amount of GasGas dealers around me I’m not so sure I’ll get any sort...
I can get the TX 300 for $9400 OTD. With the limited amount of GasGas dealers around me I’m not so sure I’ll get any sort of deal on one. I really do like how the Gas Gas looks though Smile
Can’t go wrong on a TX for that. If you have any interest in a TM still I asked Ralf and you can still order one.

Check this site out tmracingworld.com

Best of luck with whatever steeed you choose!!
12/29/2020 10:06am
You really ought consider the sexiest red of them all [img]https://enduro21.com/images/2020/november-2020/pro-bike-steve-holcombes-beta-racing-rr-350/a_steveholcombe_2020_0232.jpg[/img]
You really ought consider the sexiest red of them all

I would love to ride a new one! My brother has a 2017 300RR and I absolutely hate it. But with the new counterbalanced motor, it might be better. The riding cockpit just feels too small to me.
Tuna
12/29/2020 10:11am
Was in this exact predicament a few weeks ago. I went red. Had a TX300i last year. Here are the differences *Husky has Magura brake and...

Here are the differences
*Subframes are different
*Clutch Cover
*Handlebar
*Handguards

There ya go!
I’ve heard mapping is the same and suspension settings the same. If you go air fork, the 21 settings are not super friendly for offroad, especially if you ride rocks and roots. They work good for MX and GP style stuff. I went with the TX, GG had still not been released when I wanted a bike.
Tuna
12/29/2020 10:13am
liver wrote:
For me, magura has the control like a sram guide brake system, while brembo has the feel of a shamano XT system. For that reason alone...
Strange, I’m actually preferring the Magura clutch and brake over the Brembo. Most guys I know that have gone from Brembo to Magura are digging the clutch feel.
Tuna
12/29/2020 10:16am
You really ought consider the sexiest red of them all [img]https://enduro21.com/images/2020/november-2020/pro-bike-steve-holcombes-beta-racing-rr-350/a_steveholcombe_2020_0232.jpg[/img]
You really ought consider the sexiest red of them all

I would love to ride a new one! My brother has a 2017 300RR and I absolutely hate it. But with the new counterbalanced motor, it...
I would love to ride a new one! My brother has a 2017 300RR and I absolutely hate it. But with the new counterbalanced motor, it might be better. The riding cockpit just feels too small to me.
The new Beta CB motor still feels like a CR500 compared to the KTM.
12/29/2020 10:19am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 10:20am
Tuna wrote:
Well, it is true we have giant, pendulous nutsacks.
Tuna
12/29/2020 10:32am
Tuna wrote:
Well, it is true we have giant, pendulous nutsacks.
😂ok, it’s not that bad but they do vibrate more than the KTM. Betas handle nice and have a great motor.
Schlava
12/29/2020 10:54am
Tuna wrote:
I’ve heard mapping is the same and suspension settings the same. If you go air fork, the 21 settings are not super friendly for offroad, especially...
I’ve heard mapping is the same and suspension settings the same. If you go air fork, the 21 settings are not super friendly for offroad, especially if you ride rocks and roots. They work good for MX and GP style stuff. I went with the TX, GG had still not been released when I wanted a bike.
These forks are so much more plush than my 19 that is even revalved. I haven't had them in the rocks yet but riding offroad they are really so much more than I expected. They are to soft for whoops but awesome everywhere else in the sand. I'm at full stiff in the sand and I'd want more but it gives me hope enough that I'm at least taking them for a couple rides in the rocks before passing judgement. Like you I haven't heard if they are valved like the others.
Deja New
12/29/2020 12:28pm
Go GasGas the composite sub frame on the husky is junk. My wife has snapped hers like 100’s of other and she just dropped the bike lightly she is no high speed racer.
The TPi bikes all leak on the power valve cover so take it of and reseal all of it before you ride.
He have at home FC450 TE250i TC125 and TC50 love them all but will be going GasGas for all next bikes due to those subframes GasGas uses the Aluminium ones Smile
12/29/2020 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 5:52pm
Well... I went Husky. I HATE the silver wheels and clamps on the Gas Gas

Deja New
12/29/2020 9:35pm
Buy a spare sub frame while your at the dealers Smile

Post a reply to: Gas Gas or Husky 300

The Latest