Garrett Marchbanks to Join Monster Energy®/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki for 2018 Motocross Season

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
PR...

Foothill Ranch, Calif. (April 18, 2018) – Monster Energy®/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki welcomes Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green™ rider Garrett Marchbanks to their 250MX lineup for the 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. Marchbanks joined Team Green in 2012 and has since added a plethora of achievements to his resume, including the 2014 AMA Youth Motocross Racer of the Year, the 2017 AMA Amateur Motocross Racer of the Year and eight Loretta Lynn’s AMA Amateur Motocross National Championships to earn his spot on the prestigious Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki squad.

Marchbanks will make his professional debut aboard his KX™250F at the first round of the Pro Motocross Championship at the Hangtown Motocross Classic in Sacramento, California on May 19th. Marchbanks will look to follow in the footsteps of his Kawasaki teammate Austin Forkner and Adam Cianciarulo who grew up as part of the Kawasaki Team Green program before making their debut into the professional ranks at the historic Hangtown Pro Motocross event.

“We are excited to have Garrett join us for the outdoor season,” said Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki Team Manager, Mitch Payton. “He has done really well throughout his amateur career and I believe he deserves this opportunity to showcase his incredible speed on the world stage. We welcome Garrett to the team and look forward to him beginning his professional career with us.”

“I watched Garrett ride for the first time in 2011 at Ponca City, OK and was immediately impressed by his speed,” said Team Green Manager, Ryan Holliday. “Two weeks later after Loretta Lynn's we signed him to be a part of Monster Energy Team Green and began working towards his dream of becoming a professional racer. He's been a great example of our program starting with young riders and following our path to professional racing. I've always been impressed with Garrett's work ethic on and off the track and believe he will put that hard work to use as he begins his professional career. “

"I am super stoked on this new opportunity and I can't wait to see what 2018 brings for me," said Marchbanks. "I have worked so hard for this pro seat and I am ready to do what it takes to make it to the top."
|
kb228
4/18/2018 1:20pm
Hell yea!

The Shop

peelout
4/18/2018 1:28pm
this is awesome, good for Garrett.

back when i was still riding/racing a lot of moto he would come out to OCA (Utah) with his dad and he was just a kid on a 50. usually they'd park by me and i'd chat with his dad throughout the day, good family. it's pretty awesome to see him get to such a level in the sport, i hope he finds a lot of success and i'm looking forward to see him line up this summer.
4/18/2018 1:32pm
the next Barcia, no one liked him in amatuers because he rides like a prick, no one will like him in the pros maybe I have the wrong team green rider but im positive its this guy, check the instagram they made about him lmao
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/18/2018 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 3:35pm
the next Barcia, no one liked him in amatuers because he rides like a prick, no one will like him in the pros maybe I have...
the next Barcia, no one liked him in amatuers because he rides like a prick, no one will like him in the pros maybe I have the wrong team green rider but im positive its this guy, check the instagram they made about him lmao
I don't think this is the same amateur rider. I don't know who you're thinking of...

Marchbanks went 2-1-1 in 250 B and 1-1-1 in Schoolboy 2 at Loretta's last year.

https://youtu.be/RWpuXDQ9ZOY
TXDirt
4/18/2018 4:19pm
the next Barcia, no one liked him in amatuers because he rides like a prick, no one will like him in the pros maybe I have...
It’s not show friends it’s show business.
racerx317
4/18/2018 4:56pm
This was an odd announcement, imo. Hopefully, I’m wrong but I think he should start by getting more dominant in amateur A class to build some confidence before throwing him to the wolves. Cal Classic was a good example... he was a non factor in that amateur event and fairly inconsistent since moving up at other events as well.

What do I know though... no one even heard of Dungey and he moved up from B to winning Pro events overnight. Time will tell.
Beeler341
4/18/2018 5:20pm
He will be lucky to smell the top 10 I think. He rode a lot of the winter races around here, granted they were arenacross’s but he was getting beat regularly by guys with day jobs.
KDXGarage
4/19/2018 1:06am
Thank you for sharing the announcement!

Good luck to him. I will be cheering him on.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/19/2018 1:06am
racerx317 wrote:
This was an odd announcement, imo. Hopefully, I’m wrong but I think he should start by getting more dominant in amateur A class to build some...
This was an odd announcement, imo. Hopefully, I’m wrong but I think he should start by getting more dominant in amateur A class to build some confidence before throwing him to the wolves. Cal Classic was a good example... he was a non factor in that amateur event and fairly inconsistent since moving up at other events as well.

What do I know though... no one even heard of Dungey and he moved up from B to winning Pro events overnight. Time will tell.
Pro Circuit has quite a few riders out for nationals. It makes sense to bring in their Am rider.
milliebays
4/19/2018 8:36am
raww. vid makes me want a bike with an engine again for some reason.
Bidirella
4/19/2018 8:51am
Good luck to this kid. Give the kid some time and everybody will see how it will turnout. PC got some riders with injurys so why not.

I bet Mitch and the team know what they are doing and where there looking for.

Bring on the great outdoors!!
bowser977
4/19/2018 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 2:46pm
Anyone else making their pro debut at hangtown?
bowser977
4/19/2018 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 4:45pm
Let's just hope they dont do what geico did for their amateur Charboneau when he stepped up to the team for the nationals when they had riders out injured.
cmosh
Fantasy
224th
4/19/2018 10:47pm
I hope he succeeds because his raw speed is insane. From what I’ve seen, he lets his amateur competitors get to him mentally. If he overcomes that he could have a future. Insane talent

Post a reply to: Garrett Marchbanks to Join Monster Energy®/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki for 2018 Motocross Season

The Latest