Garrett Marchbanks

MXMattii
What do you guys think about Garrett Marchbanks? Personally I think it was a bad idea to run his mouth after just one good finish. He brought the focus on himself and now, one month after his podium speech he's in fifth position, after two veterans and two 'rookies'. 15 points behind Justin Cooper.

1. Justin Cooper
2. Cameron Mcadoo
3. Hunter Lawrence
4. Jalek Swoll
5. Garrett Marchbanks
6. Seth Hammaker
7. Chris Blose
8. Kyle Peters
9. Coty Schock
10. Nate Thrasher
|
Sully22
3/21/2021 5:30pm
I’m not sure what you mean by running his mouth...but, I’d say he’s doing well considering the equipment he’s on and it’s only his 3rd year racing SX. It’s mcadoos 5th year in the class, coopers 4th, swolls 2nd, and Lawrence only has a couple SX races from last year. He’s currently tied with swoll at 93 points through 5 races, and like you said only 15 points outta first with 5 races left.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
3/21/2021 5:43pm
First no factory rider. Could be worse. Considering the injury he had, the bike that doesn't look amazing, I think it's OK.
de883zx
3/21/2021 5:45pm
More surprised about blose honestly
APLMAN99
3/21/2021 6:42pm
MXMattii wrote:
What do you guys think about Garrett Marchbanks? Personally I think it was a bad idea to run his mouth after just one good finish. He...
What do you guys think about Garrett Marchbanks? Personally I think it was a bad idea to run his mouth after just one good finish. He brought the focus on himself and now, one month after his podium speech he's in fifth position, after two veterans and two 'rookies'. 15 points behind Justin Cooper.

1. Justin Cooper
2. Cameron Mcadoo
3. Hunter Lawrence
4. Jalek Swoll
5. Garrett Marchbanks
6. Seth Hammaker
7. Chris Blose
8. Kyle Peters
9. Coty Schock
10. Nate Thrasher
Who are you referring to as “rookies”?

The Shop

brimx153
3/22/2021 11:05am
MXMattii wrote:
What do you guys think about Garrett Marchbanks? Personally I think it was a bad idea to run his mouth after just one good finish. He...

1. Justin Cooper
2. Cameron Mcadoo
3. Hunter Lawrence
4. Jalek Swoll
5. Garrett Marchbanks
6. Seth Hammaker
7. Chris Blose
8. Kyle Peters
9. Coty Schock
10. Nate Thrasher
Marchbanks is only 19 . I can see him on Star next year . He has had more speed than results show .
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/22/2021 11:14am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 11:18am
I could deduct from his podium speech that he is a little sour with being released by PC which is understandable. With that said, Marchbanks should quietly go about his business doing what he is doing and he will get a ride again.

Definitely deserving of a factory bike but harping about it on the podium ain't gonna help.
JB 19
3/22/2021 11:20am
MXMattii wrote:

1. Justin Cooper
2. Cameron Mcadoo
3. Hunter Lawrence
4. Jalek Swoll
5. Garrett Marchbanks
6. Seth Hammaker
7. Chris Blose
8. Kyle Peters
9. Coty Schock
10. Nate Thrasher
I logged in just so I could down vote you.
zehn
3/22/2021 11:25am
OP did you really expect him to go from a PC Kawi, full factory ride to a ClubMX Yamaha and be running up front? That team and bike are good for sure, but the infrastructure that a team like PC provides just cannot be replicated.

I think that a top 5 finish in points with a podium or two would feel like great accomplishment for Marchbanks
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
3/22/2021 11:25am
Ricky keeps re-iterating how openly upset Marchbanks is on the broadcast about losing his PC ride. Seems like sour grapes and makes other teams think twice about hiring a guy that will badmouth them in the future, even indirectly, on national TV.

Like racing forward, Marchbanks needs to talk forward. Thank the teams for the opportunity he's been given and do the best for the team he is on that is CURRENTLY supporting him.
3/22/2021 11:36am
Doesn't his graphics and the back of his pants say something about a #comeabck or it's not a comeback or something referring being let go from PC?

On a side note Brandon from Club MX seems like a solid dude who has his shit together.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/22/2021 11:40am
Boomslang wrote:
I could deduct from his podium speech that he is a little sour with being released by PC which is understandable. With that said, Marchbanks should...
I could deduct from his podium speech that he is a little sour with being released by PC which is understandable. With that said, Marchbanks should quietly go about his business doing what he is doing and he will get a ride again.

Definitely deserving of a factory bike but harping about it on the podium ain't gonna help.
He wasn't released by PC. His contact was up and he was talking to PC and Star. PC offered him a contract, so did Star. Somewhere along the way things soured and PC said screw it we'll take McAdoo.
Sully22
3/22/2021 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 12:18pm
526 wrote:
Doesn't his graphics and the back of his pants say something about a #comeabck or it's not a comeback or something referring being let go from...
Doesn't his graphics and the back of his pants say something about a #comeabck or it's not a comeback or something referring being let go from PC?

On a side note Brandon from Club MX seems like a solid dude who has his shit together.
nothing to do with being let go at PC at all. It's a team sponsor that helps people quit drinking...

https://www.iamacomeback.com/main
3/22/2021 12:20pm
Boomslang wrote:
I could deduct from his podium speech that he is a little sour with being released by PC which is understandable. With that said, Marchbanks should...

GrapeApe wrote:
He wasn't released by PC. His contact was up and he was talking to PC and Star. PC offered him a contract, so did Star. Somewhere...
He wasn't released by PC. His contact was up and he was talking to PC and Star. PC offered him a contract, so did Star. Somewhere along the way things soured and PC said screw it we'll take McAdoo.
pretty sure it was more in the basket of he was playing them off for more money, fucked around the spots filled and he is then standing with his hand in his pockets. steve has said sounds like mitch didnt get on to well with him / family. and judging by the few interviews i have seen he comes across as a bit of a dick. when you win daytona and have no ride clearly theres more to it.
MXMattii
3/22/2021 4:52pm
cablecable wrote:
pretty sure it was more in the basket of he was playing them off for more money, fucked around the spots filled and he is then...
pretty sure it was more in the basket of he was playing them off for more money, fucked around the spots filled and he is then standing with his hand in his pockets. steve has said sounds like mitch didnt get on to well with him / family. and judging by the few interviews i have seen he comes across as a bit of a dick. when you win daytona and have no ride clearly theres more to it.
Thanks, also when you think it is a good idea to kick back towards your former team after one podium then you're just plain stupid. But seems that you get down voted for saying.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/22/2021 4:55pm
MXMattii wrote:
Thanks, also when you think it is a good idea to kick back towards your former team after one podium then you're just plain stupid. But...
Thanks, also when you think it is a good idea to kick back towards your former team after one podium then you're just plain stupid. But seems that you get down voted for saying.
What did he say that was so bad? The only thing I heard is that he said he was disappointed to be let go on short notice without much time to find a new team.
So far he's doing better than half of the PC team.
MXMattii
3/22/2021 4:58pm
crusty_xx wrote:
What did he say that was so bad? The only thing I heard is that he said he was disappointed to be let go on short...
What did he say that was so bad? The only thing I heard is that he said he was disappointed to be let go on short notice without much time to find a new team.
But that is a little bit a lie, isn't it? He tried to out smart a few people in the business to get more, in times where a big factory effort was closing doors. How smart does that sound?
AH387
3/22/2021 5:02pm
Keep in mind, he's 19. I think he has been riding really well. He's had a couple bad breaks or his results would be even better. When you watch the races, you can tell that he has the speed of the front runners, for the most part. I think Club is doing a great job and hopefully this will help them become a better team in the future, but I think Garrett is still going to be a top guy. Maybe he goes somewhere else or maybe Club gets even more support, in the future. But I think he's doing just fine.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/22/2021 5:14pm
crusty_xx wrote:
What did he say that was so bad? The only thing I heard is that he said he was disappointed to be let go on short...
MXMattii wrote:
But that is a little bit a lie, isn't it? He tried to out smart a few people in the business to get more, in times...
But that is a little bit a lie, isn't it? He tried to out smart a few people in the business to get more, in times where a big factory effort was closing doors. How smart does that sound?
Not sure what you mean, I don't know if he did, do you? Or just assuming?
I just asked what he said was so bad since you said he ran his mouth after one good finish.
skankhunt69
3/22/2021 5:30pm
From what I hear Garret has already resigned with club.
Sully22
3/22/2021 6:08pm
crusty_xx wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
But that is a little bit a lie, isn't it? He tried to out smart a few people in the business to get more, in times...
I’m curious what he said as well, bc you mention his podium speech in your first post, I just listened to it again and he literally says....

It’s been a long time since salt lake 2, it was a long 8 months off the bike through injury, I went through phone calls with other teams and no one picked me up but at the end of the day club mx Yamaha was there to help me and support me, they put in so much work on and off the bike and I’m really thankful. THAT’S considered running his mouth?
APLMAN99
3/22/2021 6:30pm
crusty_xx wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
Speaking of lies, who are the 2 rookies you were referring to......?
3/23/2021 1:43am
crusty_xx wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
Stop fucking around..Dont you like him?
DonM
3/24/2021 4:16pm
From what I hear Garret has already resigned with club.
Resigned or re-signed....two very different scenarios....

Post a reply to: Garrett Marchbanks

The Latest