Gaming vs. Pro moto

155hk
9/11/2018 10:28am
All comes down to what you like to do and your passion. Sure when i have a kid id love for him to get into moto but in all honestly, if he's happy when he's older and makes enough money to make a living, who cares what it is.
ando
9/11/2018 2:19pm
Playing video games is not a sport. It's entertainment. The question you have to ask yourself is, do you want your kid to be an athlete...
Playing video games is not a sport. It's entertainment. The question you have to ask yourself is, do you want your kid to be an athlete or an entertainer?

Kids watching other kids play video games is one of the most depressing trends of late.
Professional athletes are entertainers as much as anything or anyone else. What do you think drives their perceived value?

And for that matter, what is the real difference between sitting on the couch watching someone else play games or someone else play a sport? Some difference for the athlete/gamer, zero difference for the spectator.
ando
9/11/2018 2:33pm
It's not about the money it's about parenting and child's interest. Parents are bombarded with fear these days and naturally they don't want their kids to...
It's not about the money it's about parenting and child's interest.

Parents are bombarded with fear these days and naturally they don't want their kids to go outside so what does the kid do? Stay inside and play video games, plus for lazy parents it works out for them.

All my childhood I was outside when I lived in a small town riding bmx and motorbikes, as soon as we moved to the city I found gaming and got really addicted and barely went outside I got to a pro level in gaming but at the time gaming was not big yet. But now with computers and tech a kid can stay indoors all day for years on years without getting bored, the instant gratification era is here and is damaging them.

If you look at all the sports in the world currently the best players are born in the 80s with one or two exceptions, which is not normal as sportsmen are most dominate in their mid to late twenties.

The people born in the 80s and before had no tech or gamkjg distractions they went outside and worked on their craft.

There will be a major decline in sports and it's already happening, not only sports but health and well-being I can speak first hand about that it has greatly affected me in a negative way.
Which sports are you watching?

For males born in the late 80’s they are only just turning thirty - right at the peak of their physical prowess. That’s the prime age bracket for many sports - 30 plus or minus a few years.

In contact sports not many will go past that (of course some will); in non-contact sports it’s not unusual to see dominant athletes into their mid to late thirties.

Anyone that currently fits the bracket above will have been born in the 80’s. I think you need to come up with something more substantial than that.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
9/11/2018 3:16pm
It's not about the money it's about parenting and child's interest. Parents are bombarded with fear these days and naturally they don't want their kids to...

Parents are bombarded with fear these days and naturally they don't want their kids to go outside so what does the kid do? Stay inside and play video games, plus for lazy parents it works out for them.

All my childhood I was outside when I lived in a small town riding bmx and motorbikes, as soon as we moved to the city I found gaming and got really addicted and barely went outside I got to a pro level in gaming but at the time gaming was not big yet. But now with computers and tech a kid can stay indoors all day for years on years without getting bored, the instant gratification era is here and is damaging them.

If you look at all the sports in the world currently the best players are born in the 80s with one or two exceptions, which is not normal as sportsmen are most dominate in their mid to late twenties.

The people born in the 80s and before had no tech or gamkjg distractions they went outside and worked on their craft.

There will be a major decline in sports and it's already happening, not only sports but health and well-being I can speak first hand about that it has greatly affected me in a negative way.
I'm not sure where you're coming up with this. Athletes generally peak in their late 20's and maintain success for a few years, but also maintain the reputation for a few years after peaking.

So a guy like Lionel Messi was born in the 80's, but is 31 years old. That doesn't seem like time to panic that he's unusually old to be considered one of the best.

Are you suggesting that right now we are experiencing unusually "old" people being the best athletes? I haven't seen or heard anything about that before. Mike Trout may eventually be in the argument for best baseball player of all time, and he was born in 1991.

The Shop

dboivin
9/11/2018 8:09pm
Mossy wrote:
Very interesting. I probably watched you on G4 TV at one time or another when I was around 8 years old lol. They used to show...
Very interesting. I probably watched you on G4 TV at one time or another when I was around 8 years old lol. They used to show 1.6 tournaments every now and then that I would watch.

CS pros now make a ton of money, but they put the hours in too. Most pros have between 5,000-12,000 hours and some of the older guys have even more Woohoo

I have like 720 hours...just getting into ESEA cus FaceIt is annoying. Let me know if you still play (CSGO), I bet your game sense is ridiculous being that you’re an OG Laughing

I’d like to think that one day I could make it to Rank S...but man it’s hard working full time and competing against teenagers that play 8-12 hours a day Pinch

I swear Counterstrike is just an FPS version of Chess.
i still play random pubs once in while. its kinda odd when old gamers recognize the old name/tag because i do run it once while.

lately i been into fortnite. i held off from playing it as i didn't want to get back into this type of stuff....but of course, got hooked. lol.

strategies nowadays in CS are so complex...skill levels are so high. i watch matches more than I play anymore. very exciting to watch IMO. best game for viewing as an outsider who don't game. fortnite is also got this aspect down. watch more than i play sometimes.
SwingHard
9/11/2018 8:59pm
Spydee wrote:
Has anyone ever got a chick from riding a dirt bike is what I'm more curious about Laughing
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude..... You know the answer to this. Of course!! I would say half the girls I got with in high school and up until I met...
Dude..... You know the answer to this.

Of course!! I would say half the girls I got with in high school and up until I met my wife was because I rode. They all loved it.
This!!
9/12/2018 8:48am

RichieW13 wrote:
I'm not sure where you're coming up with this. Athletes generally peak in their late 20's and maintain success for a few years, but also maintain...
I'm not sure where you're coming up with this. Athletes generally peak in their late 20's and maintain success for a few years, but also maintain the reputation for a few years after peaking.

So a guy like Lionel Messi was born in the 80's, but is 31 years old. That doesn't seem like time to panic that he's unusually old to be considered one of the best.

Are you suggesting that right now we are experiencing unusually "old" people being the best athletes? I haven't seen or heard anything about that before. Mike Trout may eventually be in the argument for best baseball player of all time, and he was born in 1991.
Ronaldo and Messi came in and dominated at an young age and today they're still pretty much the best at their craft.

Nadal and Federer came in and dominated at the age of 18-19 years old dethroning the likes of Sampras and Aggasi and Nadal and Federer are still basically the best.

Moto, Carmichael, JS, RV dominated etc, I did say they're are a few exceptions but it seems around 1995+ is the general cut off of great sportsman as listed above, 1991 is still an era were there was not many distractions with tech as there is now.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/12/2018 8:55am
Spydee wrote:
Has anyone ever got a chick from riding a dirt bike is what I'm more curious about Laughing
wreckers wrote:
Only if you rev a lot
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Has anybody NOT gotten a chick from riding a dirt bike?
I feel like this is the proper question to ask.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
9/12/2018 10:57am
Ronaldo and Messi came in and dominated at an young age and today they're still pretty much the best at their craft. Nadal and Federer came...
Ronaldo and Messi came in and dominated at an young age and today they're still pretty much the best at their craft.

Nadal and Federer came in and dominated at the age of 18-19 years old dethroning the likes of Sampras and Aggasi and Nadal and Federer are still basically the best.

Moto, Carmichael, JS, RV dominated etc, I did say they're are a few exceptions but it seems around 1995+ is the general cut off of great sportsman as listed above, 1991 is still an era were there was not many distractions with tech as there is now.

Isn't Mbappe one of the best soccer players now? (I don't follow soccer.) He's only 19.

Eli Tomac and Jeffrey Herlings were both born in the 90's.

I would argue that people like Nadal, Federer and Carmichael are the exceptions. They dominated their sports like nobody else has. It's not that younger players aren't as good. It's that NOBODY is as good.

Post a reply to: Gaming vs. Pro moto

The Latest