Create New Tag

8/23/2017 10:29 AM

Brian Bogers... who saw that coming

http://www.mx-pure.com/archive/news-20090318095845-20170823190122.htm

Big team gone out the MX2 paddock.

|

8/23/2017 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2017 10:37 AM

So HSF will be on Hondas next year as the factory 250 team?

I still think that HRC is making a mistake with Bobby, stupid to let him go. I hope he finds a new home and proves them wrong.

|

8/23/2017 10:37 AM

OK, just to clarify, this mean HSF Logistics will be the title sponsor for HRC in MXGP, and its MX2 team will go away? Might HSF also sponsor Honda in MX2? We lose a good satellite team in MX2 either way.

Not good, on balance, but HSF Logistics will get a lot more exposure sponsoring Gajser than it gets now from a second-tier MX2 effort.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/23/2017 10:43 AM

Read the article... looks like the MX2 team is done, which will also mean the guys in EMX are done too.

This is going to start a bit of a knock on effect.

|

8/23/2017 11:16 AM

And what happens to Gariboldi ?

|

8/23/2017 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2017 11:34 AM

i did ,read about it after the last GP that Bogers was a real option ... turns out to be the truth ...cool

yet the article also stated thats HSF is a personal sponsor of herlings , so could be they try again to get Herlings on RED

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/23/2017 11:32 AM

Rowlands wrote:

And what happens to Gariboldi ?

Yeah, Exactly? That just seems like an odd situation.

|

8/23/2017 11:36 AM

HSF had a lot of riders on national level, I wonder what happens to them.

|

8/23/2017 11:36 AM

Wow I didn't even know he wanted to move up. He's only 20 or so
Not sure about the move. Can turn out really good or really bad

|

8/23/2017 11:43 AM

NVA57 wrote:

Motoverte called Bogers as the new Honda MXGP rider last sunday, they also said Vlaanderen will be on Honda and Pootjes will be back at KTM . Looks like they had some good info

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/23/2017 11:55 AM

NVA57 wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

Motoverte called Bogers as the new Honda MXGP rider last sunday, they also said Vlaanderen will be on Honda and Pootjes will be back at KTM . Looks like they had some good info

I mean their guys that only race the Dutch nationals and EMX.

|

8/23/2017 11:58 AM

NVA57 wrote:

I mean their guys that only race the Dutch nationals and EMX.

good one , talk is only about MXGP and MX2 .. maybe they just keep going with HSF and they only drop the MX2 ?

|

8/23/2017 11:59 AM

Wow didn't see this coming. Would have been a bunch of better options imo than Bogers but money talks I guess.

So Paturel still without a ride. As is Nagl and Bobby. Plus less rides in MX2 available now. Not a good development at all.

|

8/23/2017 12:57 PM

So weird that the factory 450 teams are hiring these winless 250 riders

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

8/23/2017 1:13 PM

Yes im Dutch, but Bogers to the MXGP on a Factory bike is just a joke. First off he is not even a front runner in the MX2 and is only 20 or 21 years old. Better for him to race out the age limit mx2 class with some succes.

Money talks, if this will happend

|

8/23/2017 1:33 PM

Not sure if I believe this 100%, not until I see an official press release!

|

8/23/2017 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2017 1:47 PM

Bidirella wrote:

Yes im Dutch, but Bogers to the MXGP on a Factory bike is just a joke. First off he is not even a front runner in the MX2 and is only 20 or 21 years old. Better for him to race out the age limit mx2 class with some succes.

It is happening for sure and indeed it is a joke. Dunno what the status is about the MX2 Team. I heard this version.

MX2 team stays but becomes Red and official HRC Honda team. And Gariboldi gets a new lead sponsor with HSF. So HSF puts around the same amount of money in the sport but gets more exposure because now they are lead sponsor in both MXGP and MX2. For people who didn't knew, you can say that KTM didn't do a thing for this team.

|

8/23/2017 2:03 PM

So what happens to Dankers? Does HSF still support the 125 class? Is Dankers staying in 125 or moving up to EMX250. Me personally thinks he needs another year in 125, as his results the last 2 have been poor.

|

8/23/2017 2:07 PM

MXMattii wrote:

It is happening for sure and indeed it is a joke. Dunno what the status is about the MX2 Team. I heard this version.

MX2 team stays but becomes Red and official HRC Honda team. And Gariboldi gets a new lead sponsor with HSF. So HSF puts around the same amount of money in the sport but gets more exposure because now they are lead sponsor in both MXGP and MX2. For people who didn't knew, you can say that KTM didn't do a thing for this team.

that sounds more logical , stop with HSF MX2 program etc would end up with a lot of riders without a team .

|

8/23/2017 2:13 PM

Bidirella wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

I bet the guy is riding for peanuts, same with lieber and his kawasaki deal. Its concerning for guys like bobby, nagl, tixier and a few others without a 450 ride .

|

8/23/2017 2:42 PM

Bidirella wrote:

Deserves a chance...how can you be a front runner between the factory bikes. Last GP he was 5th in first moto. And scored several podiums. 5th in world championship 2016.

|

8/23/2017 2:47 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

I bet the guy is riding for peanuts, same with lieber and his kawasaki deal. Its concerning for guys like bobby, nagl, tixier and a few others without a 450 ride .

You mean: "Lieber is riding for nothing except factory bonus money. Private sponsors (read mom and dad) pay his salary". It sucks to be a hard working, but poor sucker like Nagl, Bobby and Tixier... Because this isn't the best off season for guys that can't rely on private sponsors or cash from themselves.

|

8/23/2017 2:48 PM

Pretty cool for Bogers.

Could be a mistake by HRC, may possibly be a good move. Just the fact that he is so young and 8th in MX2 on a non-factory bike shows great potential. Last year he was something like 5th.

Rooting for him! (Not just because we're from the same city wink )

|

8/23/2017 2:51 PM

It's how Motorsport works now. Team owners take cash so they can pay themselves to travel the world living the glitzy circus life. MotoGP F1 are the best/worst example of this.

|

8/23/2017 2:54 PM

Bogers has to show next season if all critics were right or wrong , so far its hard to say .. who knows he has been testing that Honda for a while and they were impressed ?

|

8/23/2017 4:59 PM

Motofinne wrote:

I still think that HRC is making a mistake with Bobby, stupid to let him go. I hope he finds a new home and proves them wrong.

yes sad for Bobby, but HRC clearly want a younger rider to be alongside Tim until Tim moves off to the US...if indeed he does....so it makes sense that HRC want to do that...sucks for Booby sure, but valid reason why HRC let him go.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/24/2017 6:56 AM

Sometimes for riders it is good to make a change, team, category or championship.Photo

|

8/24/2017 7:02 AM

Motofinne wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

yes sad for Bobby, but HRC clearly want a younger rider to be alongside Tim until Tim moves off to the US...if indeed he does....so it makes sense that HRC want to do that...sucks for Booby sure, but valid reason why HRC let him go.

HRC are clearly prepared to put a pay rider on the No2 bike. Bogers is ok, will be a good rider at some point, but it isn't like he came through from EMX and killed it, don't think he has won a race, and to be honest , with Prado and Jonass, I don't think he ever will.

Do you take a guy who comes with a bundle of money , or a guy who wants paying a bundle of money... I'm sure Bobby will find something, Russian riders do not struggle too much for rides, and I hope he proves what a dumb decision it was. Loads of rider who could justify that spot before Bogers.

Will be interesting to see how the pressure affects him.

Make the Leiber to Kawi move look like a good decision lol.

|

8/24/2017 7:04 AM

Bogers vs Roczen... No I won't say it.

|

8/24/2017 7:08 AM

So there's a rumour that hsf will be HSF HRC Honda and they will have Herlings Bogers MXGP and Vlaanderen and Pootjes MX2 HFS wants an all Dutch rider team and Gasjer would go to US next season

|