Gajser to the US 2020??

5/21/2019 1:37pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I can see your point and it makes sense, but Gasjer may have a supercross itch he needs to scratch. If he does, then I say...
I can see your point and it makes sense, but Gasjer may have a supercross itch he needs to scratch. If he does, then I say he should go for it and give it a shot. I think if a rider has certain talents he can be good at sx pretty quick. Gasjer may have the natural abilities to be good at it in less time than some people. I don't know if lining up at A1 with top ama guys is wise, but if he came to the u.s., practiced on some REAL sx tracks, and showed enough speed, then maybe lining up for A1 might be alright. Nobody would be expecting him to do very well since he's a GP rider with no sx history. He could just see how well he could do. See if he could make the main event and if he did, then see how well he could place without riding over his head. I say if it's something he wants to try, then he should try it. You never know. He could be a natural at it and decide to go for it full time. I would think with the interest he shows in supercross that he would race Bercy, Genova, and some of those. It's not like an an amazing sx by any stretch, but it's a way to get a taste of sx against some good ama sx guys. Monster Energy Cup is a good idea since it's just a hard, slick motocross race in a stadium with huge prize money and the track has nothing on it the euros aren't accustomed to. I don't know why Herlings doesn't race it really. I say if Gasjer is still interested in racing in the u s.that he should do it. Even if it's just one or two races. Motocross or supercross. Whatever he wants to try he should try. A top Euro in the mix always makes it cooler and more people want to watch it.
[u]Nobody would be expecting him to do very well since he's a GP rider with no sx history. He could just see how well he could...
Nobody would be expecting him to do very well since he's a GP rider with no sx history. He could just see how well he could do,See if he could make the main event and if he did, then see how well he could place without riding over his head.

like Covington you mean ?? have you seen all comments and topics created about Covington ?? and you think people expect less from a double worldchamp ? ShockedShocked good story bro
Ranman68 wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about "bro"? Nothing I said regarding Gasjer was meant to be an insult and none is related to Covington..Yes it...
What the fuck are you talking about "bro"? Nothing I said regarding Gasjer was meant to be an insult and none is related to Covington..Yes it would be just as hard for Gasjer to make the main because it would be in the 450 class. That is way harder than the 250 class. I know he's a world champion, but for a newcomer to supercross, even a world champion will have a hard time making a 450 sx main. Especially with little time to practice. I was just saying he should give it a try and see what he can do if he wants to. None of it is related to Covington and none is an insult. Quit injecting some bullshit meaning into what I said and linking it to other shit other people say. My words are a compliment to Gasjer. If I didn't think he was good enough, I'd he saying he should stay the fuck away from sx. Skip over my posts if you can't understand stand what I'm saying.
i wonder if you understand yourself with all those words ... Laughing

the usual foul language once again is a nice bonus
Ranman68
5/21/2019 3:00pm
[u]Nobody would be expecting him to do very well since he's a GP rider with no sx history. He could just see how well he could...
Nobody would be expecting him to do very well since he's a GP rider with no sx history. He could just see how well he could do,See if he could make the main event and if he did, then see how well he could place without riding over his head.

like Covington you mean ?? have you seen all comments and topics created about Covington ?? and you think people expect less from a double worldchamp ? ShockedShocked good story bro
Ranman68 wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about "bro"? Nothing I said regarding Gasjer was meant to be an insult and none is related to Covington..Yes it...
What the fuck are you talking about "bro"? Nothing I said regarding Gasjer was meant to be an insult and none is related to Covington..Yes it would be just as hard for Gasjer to make the main because it would be in the 450 class. That is way harder than the 250 class. I know he's a world champion, but for a newcomer to supercross, even a world champion will have a hard time making a 450 sx main. Especially with little time to practice. I was just saying he should give it a try and see what he can do if he wants to. None of it is related to Covington and none is an insult. Quit injecting some bullshit meaning into what I said and linking it to other shit other people say. My words are a compliment to Gasjer. If I didn't think he was good enough, I'd he saying he should stay the fuck away from sx. Skip over my posts if you can't understand stand what I'm saying.
i wonder if you understand yourself with all those words ... Laughing

the usual foul language once again is a nice bonus
Anybody with any sense could understand what I was saying. If you can't it's your problem. I don't like the b.s. you say, so if a cuss word or two gets your panties in a knot, then spare me your snide, hypocritical replies. If you want to quit twisting what I say into something else and talk to me like a man, then I'll talk to you like a man. It's that simple.
ATKpilot99
5/21/2019 3:14pm
reded wrote:
I’d rather see him come over for a couple summers and stay away from SX. He’s fast as shit in MXGP and would no doubt do...
I’d rather see him come over for a couple summers and stay away from SX. He’s fast as shit in MXGP and would no doubt do good on the groomed US tracks.
zehn wrote:
“Groomed US tracks”

Oh boy
Sleapy wrote:
In the GPs, they groom the track for the practices and then the qualifying race, then it doesn't get touched for the motos. So when MX2...
In the GPs, they groom the track for the practices and then the qualifying race, then it doesn't get touched for the motos. So when MX2 goes out for their first moto, the track has already had a 30 +2 with MX2 and MX1 on it.
It the recent mud race you could see the jumps had all been rolled and smoothed out between motos . Probably a safety issue but I do remember someone on here fairly recently saying that the claim they don't touch the track after the qualifiers is simply not true.
hamncheeze
5/21/2019 5:37pm
Gajser should probably stay in MXGP. I don't think we will see many guys cross over that don't grow up riding SX as time goes on. Case in point, kids like Sexton and Forkner. They already have tons of time on a SX track long before they ever take the gate at a 250 SX. As SX continues to be the more dominant series in the USA, younger riders will do more and more SX prep earlier and earlier. The odds of a 23 year old multi-time MXGP champ with little SX coming to America and succeeding will diminish even more.

Regarding RV, he's never really said it outright but for sure that effort in 2015 was not ideal. He had a deal with Kawi for 2015, was done with SX and this MXGP was the only way he could get the full contract money. He definitely has said he had problems getting the bike how he wanted from the team. I say if he did 2015 with Williamson as his wrench and a couple of the American Kawi technicians, and had a full Aldon-prep winter he could have won that title. We'll never know, but RV was the last of the true American badasses who could generally get it done on any day and not be wallowing about his setup or "feel".

The Shop

teamddr
5/22/2019 1:42am
Flip109 wrote:
As a supercross fan and a Tim Gajser fan. Hope he Stays in the GP’s. Supercross is a meat grinder. You have to start young to...
As a supercross fan and a Tim Gajser fan. Hope he Stays in the GP’s. Supercross is a meat grinder. You have to start young to make it through and even then it can tear you up. He’s a world champ. Keep grinding there. Have a long great career. Who knows if TC hangs it up next year and Herlings continues knocking himself out of contention every other year, he could have a few more world mx titles on his wall! If anything come run a few one off nationals like Herlings did.
This ^

To late for SX once you hit your 20s
As for could he if he started earlier enough of course he could.
teamddr
5/22/2019 1:53am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2019 1:56am
hamncheeze wrote:
Gajser should probably stay in MXGP. I don't think we will see many guys cross over that don't grow up riding SX as time goes on...
Gajser should probably stay in MXGP. I don't think we will see many guys cross over that don't grow up riding SX as time goes on. Case in point, kids like Sexton and Forkner. They already have tons of time on a SX track long before they ever take the gate at a 250 SX. As SX continues to be the more dominant series in the USA, younger riders will do more and more SX prep earlier and earlier. The odds of a 23 year old multi-time MXGP champ with little SX coming to America and succeeding will diminish even more.

Regarding RV, he's never really said it outright but for sure that effort in 2015 was not ideal. He had a deal with Kawi for 2015, was done with SX and this MXGP was the only way he could get the full contract money. He definitely has said he had problems getting the bike how he wanted from the team. I say if he did 2015 with Williamson as his wrench and a couple of the American Kawi technicians, and had a full Aldon-prep winter he could have won that title. We'll never know, but RV was the last of the true American badasses who could generally get it done on any day and not be wallowing about his setup or "feel".
If RV landed to Europe of the couch then that was just complacent arrogance. From what I read he wouldn’t listen to his mechanics and persisted running the bike to stiff and high at the front. He’s one of the most competitive individuals that ever threw his leg over a motorcycle and your saying he didn’t care about winning In Europe. Well if that was the case it’s put a serious blot on an otherwise fantastic career and devalued his legacy. If the US calendar burns you out by that age then TG243 would better off where he is as that means he’s only got 3 years to learn SX.
Fed up with all this RV was not trying BS
hamncheeze
5/22/2019 1:18pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Gajser should probably stay in MXGP. I don't think we will see many guys cross over that don't grow up riding SX as time goes on...

teamddr wrote:
If RV landed to Europe of the couch then that was just complacent arrogance. From what I read he wouldn’t listen to his mechanics and persisted...
If RV landed to Europe of the couch then that was just complacent arrogance. From what I read he wouldn’t listen to his mechanics and persisted running the bike to stiff and high at the front. He’s one of the most competitive individuals that ever threw his leg over a motorcycle and your saying he didn’t care about winning In Europe. Well if that was the case it’s put a serious blot on an otherwise fantastic career and devalued his legacy. If the US calendar burns you out by that age then TG243 would better off where he is as that means he’s only got 3 years to learn SX.
Fed up with all this RV was not trying BS
Well I think when RV was on the bike he was trying, but if you search around you can find the pre-season photos of him and it was pretty obvious he was nowhere near peak physical fitness or least the peak fitness that Aldon was able to force out of him. It's been discussed many times before by people in the industry and in the know....he had the deal with Monster and Kawi, did not want to do SX again, and the only way he could get the full contract was to agree to ride MXGP. Read into it what you will but that sounds like a guy who was phoning it in.

Peak RV outdoor on a 450 was 2013, and there was no one on the planet faster than him that year. Anyway it's water under the bridge now....the guy was incredible and under-appreciated, partly because he didn't want to be the face of the sport, but for sure he had some good years left if he could have stayed motivated.

To stay relevant on the Gajser topic, I hope Tim can pull this title out in 2019, have a great off-season and then we get a year of the 243 and the 84 both in top form in 2020. I know JH should own him, but we need to see Gajser with a solid stretch of health and what he can possibly do.

Post a reply to: Gajser to the US 2020??

The Latest