Gaining confidence

Aimzzz
Hey guys

I think there’s been some other posts about this kinda stuff but idk.
So I’ve a bit of an issue on a particular ski jump at my track. It used to be my favourite jump and I’d go pretty high and it was sick. Just before Christmas they revamped the track and made it steeper. On my second or third go I hurt my collarbone (not a break tho) and then again the week after just before Christmas on it.It then meant I had a three week break and the last time I went over it I hurt myself, so that was annoying. Now every time I come towards it I back out and I’m sick of it tbh. I’ve jumped it a couple times since but confidence is still lacking. I’ve had a couple major crashes recently, going over the handlebars last week so that doesn’t really help. So I was just wondering if you’ve got any tips to get past this and get my confidence up in general on the bike again.

Thanks guys

Also bit of background- I’m 15 and have been riding around 3 years Smile
|
3/28/2020 7:12am
Aimzzz wrote:
Hey guys I think there’s been some other posts about this kinda stuff but idk. So I’ve a bit of an issue on a particular ski...
Hey guys

So I’ve a bit of an issue on a particular ski jump at my track. It used to be my favourite jump and I’d go pretty high and it was sick. Just before Christmas they revamped the track and made it steeper. On my second or third go I hurt my collarbone (not a break tho) and then again the week after just before Christmas on it.It then meant I had a three week break and the last time I went over it I hurt myself, so that was annoying. Now every time I come towards it I back out and I’m sick of it tbh. I’ve jumped it a couple times since but confidence is still lacking. I’ve had a couple major crashes recently, going over the handlebars last week so that doesn’t really help. So I was just wondering if you’ve got any tips to get past this and get my confidence up in general on the bike again.

Thanks guys

Time and practice builds confidence.
What cause you to crash/hurt yourself when you jumped it? Lack of speed? Lack of commitment? or something else?
Aimzzz
3/28/2020 8:41am
Aimzzz wrote:
Hey guys I think there’s been some other posts about this kinda stuff but idk. So I’ve a bit of an issue on a particular ski...
Hey guys

Thanks guys

Time and practice builds confidence.
What cause you to crash/hurt yourself when you jumped it? Lack of speed? Lack of commitment? or something else?
The first time I jumped it after it was made steeper I went a lot faster over it. Landed on the front wheel which didn’t end well
gt80rider
3/28/2020 9:26am
If you aren't comfortable on a jump, seriously, don't worry about... No need to freakn send it off everything... You are young and now isn't the time to break body parts
Aimzzz
3/28/2020 9:36am
gt80rider wrote:
If you aren't comfortable on a jump, seriously, don't worry about... No need to freakn send it off everything... You are young and now isn't the...
If you aren't comfortable on a jump, seriously, don't worry about... No need to freakn send it off everything... You are young and now isn't the time to break body parts
Yeah definitely not now... nearly ended in hospital last weekend which wasn’t ideal

The Shop

slowgti
3/28/2020 11:13am
Just be calm and build up to it. Don't let your testicles override your talent
cwel11
3/28/2020 11:59am
This happens a lot man. To most everyone. Hitting the deck sucks and once the physical pain goes away the mental game is still there. Some people have a short memory and some don’t. Just keep riding, it’ll happen for you. Enjoy riding and stop focusing on that one jump and the bad stuff that can happen.
3/28/2020 2:12pm
We don,t know how your crashing. Is the bike set up correct? Shock sag, rebound clicker, low,high speed rebound set correct. Shock shaft extensive oil, bad seal. Whatch Roby Reynard 98 Unadilla, after gravity cavity, next jump is ski jump similar. Bring a friend to watch you, film you. I like shock rebound to b slow, less chance of rear wheel pointed at the sky, off a big triple. And having to jump off 30 feet in the air.
VetMX.com
3/28/2020 2:16pm
Scrub it and get the back tire on the ground producing acceleration. Some track owners are clueless so it might not be you. Don't break your body because it is the only one you get..
philG
3/28/2020 2:19pm
What track?

And is this in a race or just practice?
Aimzzz
3/28/2020 3:33pm
We don,t know how your crashing. Is the bike set up correct? Shock sag, rebound clicker, low,high speed rebound set correct. Shock shaft extensive oil, bad...
We don,t know how your crashing. Is the bike set up correct? Shock sag, rebound clicker, low,high speed rebound set correct. Shock shaft extensive oil, bad seal. Whatch Roby Reynard 98 Unadilla, after gravity cavity, next jump is ski jump similar. Bring a friend to watch you, film you. I like shock rebound to b slow, less chance of rear wheel pointed at the sky, off a big triple. And having to jump off 30 feet in the air.
Bike set up is all fine I think, it’s a 2020 125 so shouldn’t have a problem. I landed on the front wheel and ended up going over the handlebars...
Aimzzz
3/28/2020 3:34pm
philG wrote:
What track?

And is this in a race or just practice?
It’s only practice but I’ll race my best mate there and he’s also a bit hesitant on that jump which doesn’t help
3/29/2020 2:38pm
We don,t know how your crashing. Is the bike set up correct? Shock sag, rebound clicker, low,high speed rebound set correct. Shock shaft extensive oil, bad...
Aimzzz wrote:
Bike set up is all fine I think, it’s a 2020 125 so shouldn’t have a problem. I landed on the front wheel and ended up...
Bike set up is all fine I think, it’s a 2020 125 so shouldn’t have a problem. I landed on the front wheel and ended up going over the handlebars...
Did you by any chance shut off the throttle just before takeoff?
was there a kicker that sent the back wheel high?
I think figuring out the reason the crash happened and making sure that doesn't happen next will help. All you can do then is hit it when you feel ready.
Don't just send it and hope, when it feels right you will know.

Post a reply to: Gaining confidence

The Latest