Gage Schehr

Csb146
Edited Date/Time 3/26/2019 11:14pm
Any word on what he injured? He looked like he was in outer space when the showed him on the mule getting hauled off.
|
3/24/2019 8:34am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 8:34am
Nothing on his IG yet as far an an update... but yea he was looking pretty gnarly on the mule... That was a really ugly incident.. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he has some organ damage in addition to broken ribs, etc.. Looked like they had his wrist stabilized?
VasageXx
3/24/2019 8:38am
Yeah man that was a rough one for sure I felt bad for him, definitely has some broken ribs and god knows what else, hate to see it.
Chet 17
3/24/2019 1:44pm
He suffered a number of organ issues, Lacerated Liver, Lacerated Artery to his heart, Collapsed Lungs, 6 broken ribs, 5 fractures to his spine, broken arm.

Gonna need a few surgeries and just need to get him Stabilized, Hes in ICU in Seattle for awhile.....

Get well Geezy......

The Shop

Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
3/24/2019 1:46pm
Chet 17 wrote:
He suffered a number of organ issues, Lacerated Liver, Lacerated Artery to his heart, Collapsed Lungs, 6 broken ribs, 5 fractures to his spine, broken arm...
He suffered a number of organ issues, Lacerated Liver, Lacerated Artery to his heart, Collapsed Lungs, 6 broken ribs, 5 fractures to his spine, broken arm.

Gonna need a few surgeries and just need to get him Stabilized, Hes in ICU in Seattle for awhile.....

Get well Geezy......
Holy shit thats a laundry list of bad bad injuries. Hoping for a full recovery for him.
150ripper
3/24/2019 1:48pm
Chet 17 wrote:
He suffered a number of organ issues, Lacerated Liver, Lacerated Artery to his heart, Collapsed Lungs, 6 broken ribs, 5 fractures to his spine, broken arm...

Get well Geezy......
Holy shit, he looked like he was feeling pretty uncomfortable, but damn!!

Get well soon, man!!
Josh422
3/24/2019 1:56pm
Totally cringed when I saw he wasn't C spine stabilized and head was flopping around sitting on the mule. What a joke.
Csb146
3/24/2019 2:10pm
Chet 17 wrote:

Get well Geezy......
Wow. That’s horrible. I honestly think with all the questionable calls made all night the worst one was waiting like 2 laps to red flag the LCQ. He looked to be unconscious and not responsive laying in the track, and they still waiting.
3/24/2019 3:11pm
Chet 17 wrote:

Get well Geezy......
Damn! Sorry to hear, hope surgeries go well.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/24/2019 3:21pm
Gnarly! Crazy that they just had him on the mule. I know it’s hard to identify those injuries on the spot... but dang!
Knobbyjake
3/24/2019 3:29pm
When I saw the bike land on his chest I thought a little higher up and it would have been his face just like Peick.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/24/2019 3:37pm
I'm glad they got him to the ICU quickly. Internal injuries can be silent killers.

Heal up quickly Gage.
hamncheeze
3/24/2019 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 4:07pm
Man, that's awful. It was on the other side from our seats and the scoring tower blocked my view. Get well soon Geezy.

Last night was great to have a dry Seattle, but the number of guys injured sure bums me out. Schehr, Nichols, Reed, JB10, Chizz. In many ways being there live and seeing the injured guys is more intense. My wife (a MD) was a bit freaked by the Reed incident as it was very much in front of us.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
3/24/2019 4:28pm
That is one tough SOB. He just gained a fan for life walking to the mule under his own power.
tcallahan707
3/24/2019 4:50pm
Josh422 wrote:
Totally cringed when I saw he wasn't C spine stabilized and head was flopping around sitting on the mule. What a joke.
Spinal immobilization protocols have changed. Also, his head flopping around isn't an indication that he needs his C spine stabilization.
Josh422
3/24/2019 5:06pm
Josh422 wrote:
Spinal immobilization protocols have changed. Also, his head flopping around isn't an indication that he needs his C spine stabilization.
I'd like to know more about these changed protocols you're talking about- and I'm aware that isn't an indication, just the fact he was sitting up and letting him move his head around like that was disturbing. Get him on a board when he's on the ground immediately until you know it's safe. Seems pretty obvious.
trexx
3/24/2019 5:30pm
Josh422 wrote:
Josh422 wrote:
I'd like to know more about these changed protocols you're talking about- and I'm aware that isn't an indication, just the fact he was sitting up...
I'd like to know more about these changed protocols you're talking about- and I'm aware that isn't an indication, just the fact he was sitting up and letting him move his head around like that was disturbing. Get him on a board when he's on the ground immediately until you know it's safe. Seems pretty obvious.
C Spine has been shown to make certain injuries worse. Most ems providers have ditched the back board except for certain situations, for example an unstable spine injury like a stretched spinal cord.
tcallahan707
3/24/2019 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 5:37pm
Josh422 wrote:
Josh422 wrote:
I'd like to know more about these changed protocols you're talking about- and I'm aware that isn't an indication, just the fact he was sitting up...
For one, I have no idea which set of protocols the medical team operate under. Every organization is a little different. But if I remember correctly, it was the Nexus protocol that was updated (don't quote me on that). Basically, we have learned that putting everyone in a collar and strapping them to a board was causing more harm than good. If they aren't old, drunk, complaining of midline pain, and a few other things, the c spine is cleared. However, I do believe distracting injury is one of the criteria, which would obviously apply here. Also, he could have been put in a collar and not on a board as well. They aren't automatically paired.

Again, no idea what the Asterisk team is using to determine c spine clearance. I'm not even saying he shouldn't have been in a collar or on a board. I just felt it prudent to share that we are going away from securing every trauma patient like in the past.

As for his head, I get that it's disturbing. Certainly, not knowing what his condition was and seeing it live would have a different impact than seeing it after you know he is ok, which was the case for me. To me, it looked more like he checked out mentally just to escape the pain but that's obviously just my opinion.
barnett468
3/24/2019 7:04pm
Josh422 wrote:
Yeah, they apparently like to do it the old fashioned way.
Josh422
3/24/2019 8:16pm
Josh422 wrote:
For one, I have no idea which set of protocols the medical team operate under. Every organization is a little different. But if I remember correctly...
For one, I have no idea which set of protocols the medical team operate under. Every organization is a little different. But if I remember correctly, it was the Nexus protocol that was updated (don't quote me on that). Basically, we have learned that putting everyone in a collar and strapping them to a board was causing more harm than good. If they aren't old, drunk, complaining of midline pain, and a few other things, the c spine is cleared. However, I do believe distracting injury is one of the criteria, which would obviously apply here. Also, he could have been put in a collar and not on a board as well. They aren't automatically paired.

Again, no idea what the Asterisk team is using to determine c spine clearance. I'm not even saying he shouldn't have been in a collar or on a board. I just felt it prudent to share that we are going away from securing every trauma patient like in the past.

As for his head, I get that it's disturbing. Certainly, not knowing what his condition was and seeing it live would have a different impact than seeing it after you know he is ok, which was the case for me. To me, it looked more like he checked out mentally just to escape the pain but that's obviously just my opinion.
I see a few of you are supporting the fact that he wasn't immobilized and/or on a backboard. Looks like someone has commented the extent of his injuries.

If you knew the severity of his injuries or even the potential of his injuries, would you load him up and haul him off in the same manner?

I'd have him in a collar 100%.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/24/2019 10:31pm
Barnett468 and Deman684...you guys will make a good TV series.....

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
3/24/2019 10:36pm
Prayers out to Gage for a speedy and full recovery, that's a brutal list. Sometimes I hate this sport.

slideways
3/24/2019 10:43pm
The moral of the story is it’s time to wad up the supercross napkin and toss it in the trash and add more outdoor rounds and do away with SX altogether.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/24/2019 10:50pm
slideways wrote:
The moral of the story is it’s time to wad up the supercross napkin and toss it in the trash and add more outdoor rounds and...
The moral of the story is it’s time to wad up the supercross napkin and toss it in the trash and add more outdoor rounds and do away with SX altogether.
Maybe they should try squeezing a sort of outdoor style track into the bigger stadiums.

Post a reply to: Gage Schehr

The Latest